Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learn the play the guitar!

Arctic_FoX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to make yourself stand out, learn to play the guitar, either classical or electric. That way, you'll not only have something to strive for (therefore removing yourself from the AFC zone), but if you get good, you get to go on stage and all that, and the girls love that! Also, historically speaking, the guitar is a very romantic instrument and there are a lot of classic tunes out there too.

------------------
"Life is a quest for identity, dare to explore" - Chapter3
"But Lieutenant! The newbie was on fire when I got here! - Anonymous
"then, when you've found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring!" - A knight who says "Ni!"

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll stick to my bass
but thanks anyways.

TKDude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is more romantic than Iron-Man at 150 Db.

KometaAmarelo

Don Juan
Reaction score
5 posts, three bass players (one still in warm-up...ehhehe). Nice ratio!

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guitar represent!

learn to play fun sh!t, like "la bamba", chicks love that. now ur one hop closer to being hip

------------------
word is bond

peace

Schizophrenia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Make that 4 bassists.

Playing gigs at local clubs lands me a fair share of #'s...
(I get plenty more than our lead player)

It's still being debated wether or not bass attracts more women than 6-string...

schizo

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sure bases are cool when ur playing in a band, but when ur by yourself 6 strings own.

hannibal82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey.....funny you should mention that, i was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago...i've always wanted to learn how to play acoustic guitar so i could go out on a nice evenening and strum tunes....and i was thinking that it would help improve my overall character, and give me somethign to strive for....and give me something productive to do that doesn't deal with chix. So i bought a guitar, and i'm learning a lot!! the other night i sat out in the warm night and played "brown eyed girl" hehe.....the chix will dig it when i get good

------------------
"You....You're so ******* money and you don't even know it.
-Trent from "Swingers

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess it would be easier to serenade a girl with a guitar. but if you can wail on a bass then that would be awesome. i can strum, then finger, then slap my bass pretty well. i just feel that the girl i'll play for will appreciate what im playing and how. i know its a fat chance, how many girls know what a bass is?

Large Mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throw another one in for guitar.

Bass players play bass because they aren't good enough to play guitar.

------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

Pentatonic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing guitar for 12 years. I mostly play death metal and shred guitar, so most girls don't really go for that kind of music, but I love it. There's nothing like playing solos at 250 bpm

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Large Mike:

so guitar players can play anything a bass player can? if so i'd like to see a guitarist pick up a bass and play some songs from Jaco or Victor Wooten.

MG69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arctic_FoX:
If you want to make yourself stand out, learn to play the guitar, either classical or electric. That way, you'll not only have something to strive for (therefore removing yourself from the AFC zone), but if you get good, you get to go on stage and all that, and the girls love that! Also, historically speaking, the guitar is a very romantic instrument and there are a lot of classic tunes out there too.

firstly, u do not bring your guitar around wherever u go.
secondly, to women, guitar and romance do not link.
thirdly, there isn't a stage everywhere for u to perform

IMHO, learn guitar only if u have a personal interest in it.

[This message has been edited by MG69 (edited 04-19-2002).]

Schizophrenia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Large Mike:

that is the largest stereotype of them all.

I suppose you justify your statement because the traditional bass "has only 4 strings" and that makes it easier?
Or perhaps because you listen to this new "hip hop" crap that has 3-note bass lines?
Or maybe you said it out of blind ignorance?

I challenge you to listen to some Victor Wooten, Mike Gordon, Les Claypool, and Flea -- then rethink your statement

Fact is that neither the bass nor the guitar is harder than the other - it all depends on who does the playing.

schizo