Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lean Muscular vs Big Muscular??

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which look do you think is more attractive to the ladies?

I have noticed that the bigger and bulkier look makes my face looker bigger and rounder haha

Where as when I go lean, my face looks far more chizeled.

Would you guys be willing to sacrifice overall muscle/size to get more leaner and ripped???

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Which look do you think is more attractive to the ladies?

I have noticed that the bigger and bulkier look makes my face looker bigger and rounder haha

Where as when I go lean, my face looks far more chizeled.

Would you guys be willing to sacrifice overall muscle/size to get more leaner and ripped???
Nhl players are a good example looks wise. Toned in all the right areas. I hate the meat head look with big face, and the upper body of a gorilla because they do no cardio or leg workouts. And look cartoonish. Lean muscle just looks better.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heights make a big difference imo
A mix of the 2 is best

I use to be the huge meat head but at 5 11 not the best.

Imo need to see that there is some muscle underneath clothing

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big and muscular gets you more respect from men (or fear someone may say) but lean and muscular gets a better feedback from girls.

In both cases its importan to find the right clothes because the wrong ones could make a big guy as huge but mistaken for fat while a ripped muscular guy could simply look average.

Its hard anywa to answer cause some women love buff guys even if they are slightly fat while others love the ripped look even if the guy has spaghetti arms.

In my case the sweet spot is that place where my arms are bigger than others while at least the upper part of my abs is visible...more ripped for abs makes me lose too much in arms size while bigger to have bigger arms altought the belly is flat makes abs impossible to be seen.

In this case I also believe an important factor is water retention right after fat.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At the gym I've been noticing different guys at various stages of their fitness journey. Physique is only one part of a person's "presence". Head and facial structure is equally important. I know, not exactly news around here, but it's interesting to people-watch through that lens.

For example, I've seen some bulked up guys, but they sport rounded facial structures that don't exactly scream "alpha". Guys with more youthful, angular faces have an advantage even if they are leaner. Then there are the guys who sport good physiques and desirable facial structures but their presence still telegraphs "nice guy".

One other thing I've noticed, and I have to be careful with this myself, is balancing head size with how much upper body bulk you carry. This morning I saw a very fit dude who's bulk makes his head look small. It's not a huge disparity, but enough to make his presence seem "off", despite having an attractive face. So far I don't have that imbalance, but I could see it happening and want to avoid it.

But to answer the original question: lean muscular is probably a winning strategy over bulked up.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesnt matter. Do what you want.

Different strokes for different folks.

Worrying aboyt which one is best is a silly exercise. What happens when you decide lean is best then you see a jacked dude with boulder shoulders with a 10 on his arm? Will you change your hypothesis? Or see a skinny guy with a 10, will you change your mind when contradictory evidence is present?

In general, I dont think they care that much. I think if you ask them, they will tell you they like lean. My experience tells me that this is valid but not the end all be all. I accept that there are guys out there that get more women than i do that are both smaller and bigger than me. Because they have more personality, better looks, money, resources, time, etc.

I just thought of this while typing: the extent that muscles contribute to your attractiveness is probably related to proportionality and suitability. For example, if a short dude eith a small head is walking around hulk swole.. you can imagine that doesn't look great. Just be proportional. You might think of it like this.. sometimes you ser a flat chest girl and think she's hot even though you usually like curvy women. That flat chest is probably proportional and she figured out how to dress it up nice.

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know one thing having just worked out today sweatin like a hog, getting old sucks quite a bit. It's like my head is pounding, veins showin, tireder eyes, just delirious. I'm trying to rid my love handles, everythang else is tone, quick, and balanced/accurate. I'm doing some core exercises on my belly raising opposite arms/legs but it's a slow process. So Hiit for 30 mins with various exercises in between ending with burpees (which now I am pretty damn good at now that I'm fit but it leaves you sucking wind at the end), then I'll go another 30-minute round after that after a 2-3 minute rest. If I have the wrong music playing it makes it tougher, I feel weaker and but I gotta push through and not stop and change the music. I create playlists every week from spotify - have been for years so I probably have 70+ playlists but usually only listen to the current "newer" one which sometimes have music that I haven't really clearly vetted as being "cool" and it kinda drains me in a workout. If I were to construct a specific playlist to workout it may aid me better. I've done it will no music and it worked out fine too, but now I prefer music even though the workout is changed up all the time never doing the same thing Every time.

Mainly my shoulders start hurting first, I guess burning would be the word so they take the brunt and my gut sometimes gets less burn cause the shoulders/arms are doin the work on particular exercises to attack the gut. It's just those love handles that are hard to eliminate, very unsightly in a photo or at the beach. Everything else is tone, muscular and fit. I know some boxers/fighters have love handles, but really they shouldn't if they're any serious. Some make due.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ID say go for lean muscular and enjoy it while you can guys. once I hit my 50s I look like a wrestler no matter how much I workout. And I play regular racquet sports.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
ID say go for lean muscular and enjoy it while you can guys. once I hit my 50s I look like a wrestler no matter how much I workout. And I play regular racquet sports.
A lot of those meat heads with the big chest when they get old it turns to flab and fast!

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of those meat heads with the big chest when they get old it turns to flab and fast!
Muscle does not turn into fat. If you don't eat accordingly or workout accordingly then you will lose muscle and gain fat.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez spectrumboy don't hold back. I can't imagine why you are no bueno with the ladies.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mainly my shoulders start hurting first
When someone talks about getting old, I always wonder what their age is, just for perspective.

I had left rotator cuff problems for about a year and a half there, it was fairly debilitating. Thankfully that has healed up finally, but now I'm having problems with my right shoulder. Feels like either a pinched nerve, a pulled tendon, or maybe a herniated disc in my neck. I've had it about six months now and it can be excruciating. Still, I'd rather deal with that than something more serious or life threatening.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women prefer lean muscular. Men overrate the amount of muscle needed to generate attraction.

I’m a naturally slim guy, so I prefer the bulky muscular look. No matter how big I get during bulk season, I can never look stocky. I’m built like Michael B. Jordan.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women prefer lean muscular. Men overrate the amount of muscle needed to generate attraction.
I remember a girl dating this tall, thin guy. She said that he was muscular, not in a bulky way, but that he had long muscles. So I guess that makes sense sort of, I don't know. Bottom line, being tall makes up for lack of muscular bulk I guess.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember a girl dating this tall, thin guy. She said that he was muscular, not in a bulky way, but that he had long muscles. So I guess that makes sense sort of, I don't know. Bottom line, being tall makes up for lack of muscular bulk I guess.
Nah I saw the study once they showed male images of soccer players vs body builders and women found the soccer players more aesthetic. They prefer lean with some muscle. Bulk is more aesthetic to other men.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Nah I saw the study once they showed male images of soccer players vs body builders and women found the soccer players more aesthetic. They prefer lean with some muscle. Bulk is more aesthetic to other men.
And girl soccer players too! Some are DAMN sexy with slim legs and figures! Morgan Brian is a solid HB 9.5! Perfect girl!!!!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9.5 wtf she has a pointy chin, high hairline, and nose u could use for an ice pick. Victoria s Secret wouldn't take her.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And girl soccer players too! Some are DAMN sexy with slim legs and figures! Morgan Brian is a solid HB 9.5! Perfect girl!!!!

Just your regular 6, maybe 7 if you're drunk enough.
If she's a 9.5, where would a 7 or 8 be? Oh right, on a pedestal.

Ontopic: I had a lot more girls interested in me as a lean guy. Now I'm more muscular, but that also means a higher fat % for me, so I'm trying to cut some carbs and do cardio to cut a bit of that fat.