Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Laziness

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
"Busy people are often the most lazy" according to Robert Kiyosaki in his book "rich dad poor dad."

"If they aren't at work or with the kids, they're often busy watching TV, fishing, playing golf or shopping. Yet, deep down they know they are avoiding something important."

"They're busy and stay busy as a way of avoiding something they do not want to face."

I always thought i was a busy person until i discovered this. I now know that i am infact lazy because i have procrastinated by keeping myself in a state of constant business - only to avoid doing the things most important to me.

How do we overcome this laziness? The answer, according to Kiyosaki, is 'a little greed'.

You need to ask yourself "What's in it for me?"

"What's in it for me if i'm healthy, sexy and good looking?"
"What would i do if i had all the money i needed?"
"What would my life be like if i became a master dj?"

Just now, i'm in a position to make money in the future - i'm a law
student, but until now i've been lying to myself and others about why i'm studying it.

It is not for all those nice and benevolent claims that so many people fraudulently make like "i want to do it to protect others", "i want to help people" and "i want to learn new things about society". Bullsh1t. The reason i'm doing it is because i want to make money.

I've come to the point where i don't have enough motivation to study it just because i want to learn about society and help people. Honestly, what kind of motivation is that? OK, if i was going to become a doctor, then helping people would be a motivational factor, but lawyers probably fvck more people over than help them.

I've come to the point where a little greed is needed to kick my ass back into studying.

I'm not saying that money is the only reason i have for doing it, because there are many skills at the end of the path that i will gain. But, for the moment, it is the most motivational.

Similiarly with my life as a dj, I must have greed for women, which will force me to improve my dj skills. Yet this greed is simply horniness, which everyone has naturally (hopefully).

I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me.

Good luck,
Gav
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

billybob

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
I had never looked at it from that POV before.

But yea Amen to studying law for money. I'll be starting up next fall, other than the fact that law does interest me the only reason I want to is so I can make a comfortable living and provide a good life for myself and any family I might have down the road.

Being a little greedy is a good thing, because it just shows your looking out for your own interests, and not being an AFC who only cares about what other people think of him (IMO, at least). Of course though, like with everything, a line exists.
 

Zoso

Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Zoso
"They're busy and stay busy as a way of avoiding something they do not want to face."
Very interesting observation... I admit, as I think back now, that I have done this quite a bit. It seems like the kind of thing that you know deep down on some level, but that you don't really admit to yourself.

Whether or not you use greed to break out of this, or some other motivation, the first step is realizing that it is going on. We are such a busy society, we just "never find the time" to do so many things we say that we want to. The truth is, if you choose to you can almost always make time for them. Busyness is an illusory excuse and when we find ourselves "too busy" to do something, we should honestly ask ourselves what the real issue is.
 
Top