Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Latin dancing tonight. ANy tips

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi! I love Afro-Cuban music, and there is a live band at a disco at college and although I do not usually party, this is too good to miss. Does anybody have any tips on Latin Dancing (simple as the party is this evening)? Salsa, Samba, etc.

Oh and a few choice Spanish phrases would help. :D

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kep your hands up, your hips loose, and take smaller steps the the beat is fast.

And LEAD.

bp1974

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of the latin dances are based on 'cha cha', and it's easy.

The beat is usually "one, two, one, two, one, two" in other words, 2/4 time (if you know music. If not, 1-2-1-2 is okay)

So the beat is simple 1,2,1,2. To dance cha cha, start with your left foot like you're walking forward. On the next beat, follow with your right foot, just as if you were walking. Then when the next music beat comes, put your left foot down, then your right then your left again quickly and within two beats as if you were counting like this:

1,2,(1-2-3),1,2,(1-2-3),1,2,(1-2-3) It's like saying "One, two, (cha-cha-cha), one, two, (cha-cha-cha)..." then instead of putting your right foot down again, you move it forward like you were walking forward again, and repeat the dance step. Right foot, foot, then right-left-right, then move your left foot forward so the dance is like this:

Left, right (cha cha cha) Right, left (cha cha cha) and so on.

It sounds more difficult than it is.

I'm editing to add that bp1974 is correct to LEAD. And that the cha cha is best suited for songs that aren't too fast. If it's fast, just move. If it's a semi-slow song and you want to hold her, then I recommend cha cha. You will get her wet.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
Kep your hands up, your hips loose, and take smaller steps the the beat is fast.

And LEAD.

bp1974
True dat.. it is fast, so be ready. Try not to step on her toes going back and forth.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, the fatser the beat, the closer you keep your feet to the ground

Another thing, hip and leg movements are one in the same, dont try to move them separately. If youre confused with that, notice awkward dancers...youll know what im talking about

honeyshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The way you move your hips/ass in Latin dance is by bending your knees, not wiggling your butt.