Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Late Bloomer Seeking Advice

TheDestroyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure if this is a unique problem or not. I could give a back story about how I ended up where I am but I am not sure that is relevant. I have reconciled with my past so unless it becomes relevant, I think I will just keep it to myself for now. So, I will spare you that much at least. However, I am 42, single, and I am 1/2 way through an apprenticeship program to become an electrician. I am trying to learn to branch out for side jobs and stuff but, isn't there something I could be doing along with that to increase my income? I am trying to come up with a way to find side work and network through that so I can learn how the contracting business works or perhaps get something going myself. The internet is flooded with "get rich quick" scams and I want to avoid them. Should I start an online store or something?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure if this is a unique problem or not. I could give a back story about how I ended up where I am but I am not sure that is relevant. I have reconciled with my past so unless it becomes relevant, I think I will just keep it to myself for now. So, I will spare you that much at least. However, I am 42, single, and I am 1/2 way through an apprenticeship program to become an electrician. I am trying to learn to branch out for side jobs and stuff but, isn't there something I could be doing along with that to increase my income? I am trying to come up with a way to find side work and network through that so I can learn how the contracting business works or perhaps get something going myself. The internet is flooded with "get rich quick" scams and I want to avoid them. Should I start an online store or something?
My buddy that is 10 years older than you is in the exact same position career wise. If you know the basics already and are knowledgable about your city codes, I would see if taskrabbit.com is popular in your area for extra source of income. There are a lot of guys that can do basics like move or assemble furniture but less competition for electrical and more specialized fields. Great way to network with women and also get word of mouth advertising and a way to build up a steady clientele.

TheDestroyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy that is 10 years older than you is in the exact same position career wise. If you know the basics already and are knowledgable about your city codes, I would see if taskrabbit.com is popular in your area for extra source of income. There are a lot of guys that can do basics like move or assemble furniture but less competition for electrical and more specialized fields. Great way to network with women and also get word of mouth advertising and a way to build up a steady clientele.
Hey man! Thanks for the advice! I'm going to get on that!

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
linkedin can help and relocating alwasy good n carolina is where its at

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say at least 50% of contractors are worthless hacks who screw their customers and milk the clock. If you can build a solid reputation then work will come to you via word of mouth pretty quickly.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, finish your apprenticeship. Stack some money in a bank account for a year and head south of the border. You can increase your income 10 fold by taking it over the border where its worth 10x. All of a sudden you're rich.

TheDestroyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, finish your apprenticeship. Stack some money in a bank account for a year and head south of the border. You can increase your income 10 fold by taking it over the border where its worth 10x. All of a sudden you're rich.
That's not a bad idea at all.

TheDestroyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say at least 50% of contractors are worthless hacks who screw their customers and milk the clock. If you can build a solid reputation then work will come to you via word of mouth pretty quickly.
Thank you. I intend to build a reputation on integrity and competence.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try mining bitcoin

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try mining bitcoin
That's like 10 years too late bruh. You need to be one of the big bois these days and you must build a real server farm with customized mining servers to make it profitable...

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's like 10 years too late bruh. You need to be one of the big bois these days and you must build a real server farm these days with customized mining servers to make it profitable...

Anyone with a graphics card can mine crypto, especially if you have a top end one like a 3080.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone with a graphics card can mine crypto, especially if you have a top end one like a 3080.
CPU mining is more less dead. It be done but it takes forever to mine just one bitcoin and unless you access to a free supply of energy, it is not very feasible economically. You need really high-end GPU's for it to work in a reasonable manner.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CPU mining is more less dead. It be done but it takes forever to mine just one bitcoin and unless you access to a free supply of energy, it is not very feasible economically. You need really high-end GPU's for it to work in a reasonable manner.
I'm mining on my PC and so far I've made 80$ this month. It's just a case of leaving it switched on. Energy costs are about 10% of the income.

A 3090 can make about 300$ per month. Some people set up rigs with 10 of them, so that's 3000$ per month.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm mining on my PC and so far I've made 80$ this month. It's just a case of leaving it switched on. Energy costs are about 10% of the income.

A 3090 can make about 300$ per month. Some people set up rigs with 10 of them, so that's 3000$ per month.
New tesla graphic originally customized for mining are coming.. 220 has rate. Guess how many $$ that would make?

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This generates a massive amount of heat. I think I heard of someone who actually made a furnace out of graphics cards that pays for itself by mining.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This generates a massive amount of heat. I think I heard of someone who actually made a furnace out of graphics cards that pays for itself by mining.
I set the temperature limit to 58 degrees (Celcius). Normally running games it gets up to 70.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What games require a 3070 ? I have a 2060 Super and another box running a 2080 Ti and they just fly. I'm running VR games so I can't imagine what 3070 would be like.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are going to be electrician , there is no need to branch to another business, start from now building your future business by building website, registering in directories like home starts and google. start marketing ( don't worry if actual job come , you can always subcontract it to another licensed electrician until you get your license ).