Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Language barrier

bliss420

Don Juan
Reaction score
k i posted a thread bout dealin with girls on vacation and this is along the same lines.. most of the ppl at this resort are european and therefore not english speaking.. how do you think i can git in with these girls? i was thinkin gittin em to rub some lotion on my back (i have a pretty nice build so if she's into that sorta thing i would hope it would help).. then i dunno.. like kiss her hand or something so she knows my intentions?

any advice would be appreciated

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

JohnnyLegard

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, European women are easy. They are a lot more liberal than people in the States.

First of all, which country are you going to? If you hadn't noticed, the US is not popular with the rest of the world right now, especially France, Spain and the UK. So if you walk around acting like an unintelligible frat boy (they're stereotype of us) asking women to rub lotion on "your nice build" you're going to get little to no action.

It's a lot more cosmopolitan in Europe so don't be some nationalistic jerk, you're essentially in another person's home. It's natural that they will bag US politics, so try to understand why they would. And please... because this would be very painful to watch, don't ever talk about how much you like football.

Also, don't speak in a southern or texan accent if you have one. Try to learn a few phrases from their languages, although a lot of people in Europe know SOME english. Don't take the women out to American chain restaurants unless she really wants to... basically, try to assimilate into their culture.

Being American isn't really a bad thing in Europe. If you play your cards right, they'll find your foreignness cute.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnny for starters I think he is Canadian, NOT from the US. Secondly I dont think HE is in Europe, the Europeans are in Canada at a resort he is working at? Is that correct?

All I can say is learn a little of their language, not much, just the basics, u will be able to communiacte with them to some extent and they will be REAL impressed. Take them to a nightclub, then u dont need to talk, just dance, kiss and then wam bam thankyou mam. Other than that, u are pretty much fukced, I find the language barrier almost impossible to overcome!!

JohnnyLegard

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, well if you're Canadian, that's definitely not a bad thing.

A lot of Europeans know at least a little English, so it's not completely like speaking apples to oranges. I mean I got along fine in the Czech Republic and France all last year, even though I only knew lines of each language.

It was actually kind of fun at meeting women with whom you have a little of a language barrier with, just be goofy about it- both of you will at least be laughing about it. I don't think it will really lead to a whole lot more than that if they don't know english, but it'll help you pass the time while you're at work.

bliss420

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey sorry johnny i should have been more specific.. as clooney pointed out, i am from canada, not the US.. and i'm going to the dominican republic for vacation, not working in a resort in canada :) (just to clear stuff up).. I appreciate your advice.. I was also thinking that when people go on vacation they try to adopt some of the language of the country (spanish in this case) so maybe if i learn some more spanish lines, that'd be helpful.. other than that, i guess i'm gonna have to utilize alot of body language talkin to these girls.. i went to the same place last year and had no luck with the euro girls.. hopefully i'll change that this year..