"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ladies and their phones on a date

Vivacity

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 22, 2015
Messages
192
Reaction score
93
"Let's do this thing, since you are busy with your phone while I am here, I will leave now so you can finish your phone business, and we can meetup some other time?"

If she does not get it, then leave and no further contact. Pursue new interests.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Emergency calls excluded, ‘I plan to give you my full attention tonight and would appreciate yours also’.
@sazc ‘s man did it without having to be overt, a good approach also for an aware woman whose phone isn’t glued to her ear…
 

stevieLA

Banned
Joined
Feb 19, 2019
Messages
154
Reaction score
69
Age
36
Guys, phone for a chick is a security fall back device, they use that thing out in public so that men don't approach. It's same as having her headphones on, or turning her head away when she walk by, opposite of approach invitation. When the girl is out with you on a date and has to check her phone that just means she is not feeling you, although the fact that she hasn't left yet means she'll give it some more time to see where it goes. It's an indicator of disinterest and boring. My guess would be this, up to that point, conversation is platonic and escalation haven't taken place.
So, so f_cking obvious. The most obvious, biggest sign of disinterest possible.

I do this myself when necessary. I turned up to a mixer. The facebook list had some hotties. But only worn out MILF's showed up. I was polite enough to the party host, then tuned out looking at my phone as I had a spare hour or so until a date. The old nags started to ***** me out about being on my phone, I didn't give a ****. Better to be on my phone than talk to the old bags in front of me.

Once she pulls out her phone for any extended period of time, it's an obvious cue to bail immediately.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
You know the picture I just witnessed at the pub - girl gets a call, stands up goes outside to talk, guy grabs 5 shopping bags with his hands and runs after her.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
You know the picture I just witnessed at the pub - girl gets a call, stands up goes outside to talk, guy grabs 5 shopping bags with his hands and runs after her.
Makes you want to pat them on the head and say "gooooood puppy!, Good boy!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
A little activity on the phone I let slide. But then I will make humor out of it if they do it too much “Looks like that phone is fused to your hand permanently. I know a good surgeon who can remove it want me to call him?” Or “Wow I can see smoke coming from that thing it’s getting hot. Are your hands burnt?” Then if they keep it up I’ll just get on mine and start ignoring them. But all but one time the humor thing has worked for me.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
Emergency calls excluded, ‘I plan to give you my full attention tonight and would appreciate yours also’.
@sazc ‘s man did it without having to be overt, a good approach also for an aware woman whose phone isn’t glued to her ear…
This is what I say, almost verbatim. I also pull out my phone at the same time and put it on silent them put it away. This is MY test and she’d better pass it. Zero tolerance.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
This is what I say, almost verbatim. I also pull out my phone at the same time and put it on silent them put it away. This is MY test and she’d better pass it. Zero tolerance.
IMO That's actually a really good tactic. Be over. Pull put your phone and say something like "let me turn the ringer off". Not only does this set an example, but it also sets expectations.
 
Top