Lacrosse Season Preparations?advice needed.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This year I've decided[as a sophomore] to play a school-sponsored sport for fun and it looks good on a college app. My sport of choice is lacrosse. I'm pretty good at handlign the ball, and what not.
Problem si I've NEVER taken a hit. I'm a measley 5'6" 120lbs[I'm gonna guess in the teens for body-fat, I have a 6-pack if i flex], max at like 105 on benching [weakling, i know] and curling I rep 60[haven't tried mroe weight, i never lift lol].
At my hosue I have a bench, curl bar, 20lb dumbells and one of those aerobic running machines[I'll figure out the exact name tomorrow].
My goal is to gain some mass and strength to be fit to hit harder and run faster. But i'm also VERY inexperienced with working out.
Anyone have any suggestions or specific advice to achieve my goal? Would anyone be willing to help build a routine for me?

The few times I've tried a routine, its fallen through. I need some motivation to get well fit as well. anything gentleman, I'm in need of some help:confused:
thanks, -pat

oda

Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly the same size as me, work on passing like crazy... quick sticks especially. as long as you can move the ball fast no one will ever have the chance to hit you

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight thanks man. I'm tired, but if i didn't mention i wanna play Midi.
No help anyone?

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not know much about lacrosse...however i know you need speed, edurance/stanima and strength.

Solution: Work OUT! Get a routine for youself. And remember you wont grow...unless u eat. I was originally 120 lbs - Since, err, dont remember but it was this year. Once i began eating more and more i gained weight (Not fat...because i was working out). Right now [Checks weight] i weight 144 lbs.

You need to train your legs. Besides running, you need to practice balance...(run from side to side- while running foward...make an obstacle course) with the stick. And try to throw the ball to yourself and catch it [with the stick] while doing the running drills.
You should gain weight...bulk up - use your equipment.
If you need more information about this...PM me - i gtg study for physics...i have a test tomorrow :(

Im hungry...lol :p [Goes to eat]
Btw, NEVER feel hungry. Your stomach should always be satisfied :D

TinyDancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Join the swim team. It's winter so guy's season should be starting.

You will probably lift weights and run a bit with the team, but do it on your days off as well, or whenever you can.
You'll be starving because you'll burn like 3,000 calories a workout, but as you said, never be hungry. Fill yourself up with high protein food.

Don't think swimming is gay. Seriously, the lacrosse coach at my school requires that the players swim with the team in the winter, even if they just do workouts and don't compete in meets.

Also, girls LOVE swimmers :D (Michael Phelps? The Thorpedo? chicks can't get enough)