Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

KoP's Weekly Mass Building Workout Routine

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey men, today I'm going to put together a 5 day workout program for gaining size mostly. You can add strength top, but out goal here is hypertrophy. Every week I will write a varied routine, so stay tuned!

Day 1 - Legs
*Squats - 3 x 10 (pyramid up to 85% 1RM)
4th set 1RM then drop set to 66% of 1RM till fatigue, then drop to 50% 1RM to fatigue
*Front Squats - 3 x 8, use lighter weight and focus on engaging abs / quads. For the fourth set, go to fatigue
*Calf Raises (seated or standing) - 5 x 20 - Add some drop sets in there or just do unweighted standing calf raises after your set
*Lying Leg Curls - 4 x 12 - If you want to isolate the hammies more, keep your upper body ~45 degrees to the ground instead of lying down completely. 1 second up, 1 second pause, 2 second negative.
*Leg Extension - 4 x 15 - Go light and focus on squeezing. 1 second up, 2 second pause, 2 second negative
*Leg Press - 4 x 10 - Feet shoulder width and almost as high as you can put them on the platform. This will hit glutes and hammies better
Hack Squats - 4 x 10 - Moderate weight, go slow and squeeze

Day 2 - Arms
*Close grip EZ curl BB curls / Wide Grip BB curls<SUPERSET WITH> Skullcrushers - 4 x 12 - Every other set with the curls, alternate your grip. For the curls, keep your elbows pinned to your side and don't swing. Focus on the contraction and negative portion. On SC, keep your upper arms pointed up and still. Don't use your shoulders, keep them on the bench
*Incline Alternating Curls <SUPERSET WITH> DB Tricep Extension - 4 x 12 - Keep your elbows in with the extensions to work that long head. On the curls, the arm not doing the rep should be kept in the bottom rep position and held there.
*Cross Body Hammer Curls <SUPERSET WITH> Tricep Kickbacks - 4 x 12 - Go lighter on both of these and focus on the contraction and good form.
*Reverse Grip EZ BB curls <SUPERSET WITH> French Press - 4 x 12 - Try using a decline bench with the french press to hit a different angle.
*Rope Tricep Pushdowns <SUPERSET WITH> Cable Rope Hammer Curls - 4 x 12 - For the pushdowns, 1 second down, no pause, 3 seconds on the negative.
*Cable Rope Skullcrushers <SUPERSET WITH> Cable curls (head height with arms out to the side, not sure the proper name) - 4 x 12
*Preacher Curls - 4 x 12 - Use DB's and have your body turned 90 degrees from the bench, so when you stick your repping arm out the the side, your armpit is over the bench. Keep your body turned that way and curl on the bench
*Close Grip Bench Press - 4 x 8 - Go light and just try to get the blood flow back in your tris as a cool down

Day 3 - Shoulders
*Lateral Raises <SUPERSET WITH> Front BB Raises - 4 x 12 - For lat raises, act like you're extending your arms outward, not upwards, and feel the squeeze. Go lighter and try not to involve your traps. Front raises, don't swing the weight. Hold at the top for a half second to one second.
*DB shoulder press <SUPERSET WITH> Seated rear delt flyes - 4 x 12 - Use appropriate weight. 1 second up, 1 second pause, 3 second negative on the press. For the flyes, don't swing and try to hold it at the top for almost a second.
*EZ BB Upright Rows <SUPERSET WITH> Arnold Press - 4 x 12 - The Arnold press will be tough, so if I go heavier on that I'll get 8 reps, but try for 12. Change up your grip with the rows, from narrow to wide every other set. Don't go too heavy, if you want to work your traps, be sure to involve them. If not, don't raise the bar as high.
*Butterfly Machine - 4 x 15 - Lots of people like to speed through these. Take your time and focus on the negative portion of the motion.
*Cable Side Raises - 4 x 15 - LIGHTWEIGHT, Baby! I use maybe just 1 or 2 of the weight plates on the cable for these, constant tension is the key here, since the cable provides that.
*Cable shoulder press machine - 4 x 8 - You may not have one, but it's the machine you sit on and have the cables on either side of you. If you don't have, use the shoulder press machine.
*Rear Delt Fly Machine - 4 x 12 - Squeeze that jazz, don't use momentum.

Day 4 - Back (Yah your shoulders may be sore, but push through it you baby)
*Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 4 x 12 - Lean back about 30 degrees on this exercise, as it will activate your lats more. Don't go too far back, youll be able to feel the difference. Really focus on using a weight you control and can hold for a second at the bottom. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, don't use your forearms to pull down.
*Seated Cable Row - 4 x 12 - Incorporate drop sets here. Don't get all crazy and lean forward and backward every rep for extra strength, contract hard and use your BACK.
*Bent over BB rows - 4 x 12 - These are easy to go heavy, but don't do so at the risk of sloppy form. Alternate between over and under handed grip every other set. Make it a point to engage your lats, as it's easy to use arms and shoulders. Squeeze shoulder blades to do this.
*DB Rows (one knee on a bench, back straight, 1 leg on ground)- 4 x 12 - Go semi heavy, but when your do this, don't pull the weight straight up and down. Instead, make the weight go from the front of your body to the back while pulling up, engaging your lat. Keep your upper arm close to your side.
*Machine Pulldowns - 4 x 12 - Use the underhand and side grips alternatively. I like to do one side at a time to get a better range of motion.
*Deadlift - 4 x 8 - I'm not a huge fan of this exercise for my body type. You may want to put this at the beginning of your routine, but I like the extra fatigue. Keep your back straight for god's sake, your weight in your heels, and your arms free of slack. Don't let your ego get in the way.
*Straight arm pulldowns - 4 x 12 - Get a straight bar on a cable with it hanging about neck high. Bend over at the waist and pull the bar down using your lats while keeping the bar straight.
*T Bar Rows - 4 x 12 - Slow and steady wins the race.

Day 5 - Chest
*Cable Cross - 4 x 12 - Keep your chest up & out, head high, and actually cross your arms. Get that full squeeze where it burns the hell out of your chest.
*Incline BB Bench Press - 4 x 10 - Go heavy and get a spotter. Bring it all the way down to your chest and keep your elbows wide to stretch your chest more (remember, hypertrophy > strength / weight). Make sure you use a weight where you can get 10 proper reps, but that 9th and 10th one you may need the spot's help.
*Reverse Grip Bench Press - 4 x 12 - Try it, you look and feel stupid at first, but it feels awesome once you get the hang of it.
*Incline DB Flyes <SUPERSET WITH> DB pullovers - 4 x 12 - With the flyes, act is if you are hugging a large tree, so keep your elbows at a slight bend. Don't go tol far back. With the pullovers, don't straighten out your elbows, keep the tension in your chest.
*Decline Bench Hammer strength machine - 4 x 8 - Go SUPER HEAVY on this. The burn and pump is unreal and easy to go heavy with. I feel a much better burn on the machine than the bench.
*Pushups - 4 x fatigue - Yah they're basic, but try them. They do the trick.
*DB bench press - 4 x 12 - Again, keep your elbows wide to ensure more of your pec is stretched. Keep that form A1.
*Weighted dips - 4 x fatigue - Try it and if you fail, oh well. Work your way up. Lean forward at a 45 degree angle to hit the chest at a better angle.

I usually throw chest and shoulders and / or arms the other 2 days of the week because I don't like rest days. It's up to you.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some good ideas here, but starting chest day with cable crossovers? come on KOP

I like your arms routine though, may give that a try