Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

know why only 2% vote libertarian?

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
Because only 1 in 50 people can think for themselves and are willing to be responsible for themselves, and is also willing to leave other people ALONE.. Everyone else wants to use govt FORCE to take things from other people, or make them live as the forcers wish them to live. Whether its laws against guns, booze, gambling, prostitution, abortion, or dope, those laws are inherently wrong, because they interfere with free choice, about subjects that are nobody else's business. You of course should have laws against the MISUSE of arms, just like you have laws against murders, even if they are committed by strangulation. If the doper neglects his kids, you lock up for the neglect, not for simply possessing the dope! or selling it, growing it or making it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2000 presidential race came down to about 200 Florida votes. Nader got 200,000 votes in Florida that year, one of which was mine. I would guess 99.999% of those Nader voters would have voted for Gore had they known how much their vote mattered.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think that it would have made all that much difference who was prez when the towers came down. When the dog says shake, the tail shakes.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really not a question of 'everyone but me is stupid'. For one thing, libertarianism as an economic system is completely unworkable. As for the social aspect, what people do does have consequences for everyone else - what economists call 'externalities'. Sure, I think everyone should have the right to smoke weed, but shouldn't we have laws in place to keep stoned people from driving? That's just an example.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
like everyone who does weed also drives, or like nobody drinks and drives, right? nearly 80% of "crime" would go away if they'd legalize guns, dope, gambling and prostitution. then the courts, prisons, etc, could be used to lock up nearly ALL who actually cause HARM. that is what the criminal system is supposed to do.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nearly 80% of "crime" would go away if they'd legalize guns, dope, gambling and prostitution. then the courts, prisons, etc, could be used to lock up nearly ALL who actually cause HARM.

I had a criminal procedure professor who was a prosecutor for 20 years. He said basically the same thing. He said 80-90% of people in jail are just fvck ups; they don't pose any danger to anyone.

But think of all the jobs that would be lost: police, court workers, judges, lawyers, court-ordered counseling, drug testing, prison guards, private prisons, probation/parole officers, as well as all the administrative jobs that are created pushing paperwork. Without our beloved police state, there would be even less of an economy than what we have now.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
that's right, all the crap about cops, courts and our military is just wasted money and time. Those people and that money could be spent on BUILDING things and teaching people useful info, to make them more productive and less destructive, healthier, etc.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
Because only 1 in 50 people can think for themselves
I disagree. A large percentage of libertarians realize that voting and democracy is a CON, and the ONLY response is to simply IGNORE THE GOVERNMENT.

In fact, I suspect that this will be the flavor of the next revolution. Not an organized, armed response to the government, but simply more and more people quietly giving government the finger.

After all, if everybody simply IGNORED the government (e.g. stop paying taxes, always looking for loopholes, participating in a hard money only economy)
it would eventually vanish.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, right, like the tyrants and their minions will just QUIETLY give up their power, right? :-0 You live in a dream world, dude. They are where they are BECAUSE they are power seekers. they seek power cause they know damned well that they aint waf. Because they aint waf, and have nothing to offer in fair trade for values that others might wish to trade, they seek to FORCE people to do whatever. Those kind only understand one thing, never did understand anything else and never will. what they understand, or can be MADE to understand, is that freedom lovers will KILL them if pushed too far.