Kidney Transplant

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
My little bro will need a kidney transplant in a couple of years. He's been on meds for years. He's currently in the state hospital in Indiana.I talked to his doc today and he said he will need diaylysis in a couple of years. He will need a kidney transplant later. He's only 24 years old I feel terrible. I know this is something I can't control. He's asking me for my kidney I'm willing to give him it but I also don't know how it will affect my lifestyle. Like my future militrary career and any other job I might have. Anyways that's about it I'll see what happens he'll probably need a new one in 4 or 5 years.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my friends from college had a brother who's health was rapidly deteriorating and needed a kidney transplant. My friend was nearly a perfect match and went through with it. He will never be able to serve, and he is barred from contact sports for life.

Won't lie. Its a ****ty process to go through. My friend was a mess for months. He was fine a few months after, and his life today is as normal as you can imagine.

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
My bros kidneys are messed up from the meds the docs gave him. My bro is in an mental institution. He's asking me for it but the doc said he could be on dialysis for years. I would like to play football and do bj. I'll see what happens though

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my closest buddies, a childhood friend of nearly 20 years, had kidney failure and was on home dialysis for several years. After being on a waiting list for years, he received his transplant just a few months ago.

From what I have read from medical websites, being a donor would have no significant impact on your lifestyle and, in fact, between 2-4% of people are born with only one kidney and lead completely normal lives. I highly recommend you consult a doctor for more nuanced information.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
One of my closest buddies, a childhood friend of nearly 20 years, had kidney failure and was on home dialysis for several years. After being on a waiting list for years, he received his transplant just a few months ago.

From what I have read from medical websites, being a donor would have no significant impact on your lifestyle and, in fact, between 2-4% of people are born with only one kidney and lead completely normal lives. I highly recommend you consult a doctor for more nuanced information.
Like always, good information Rogue! A true asset to the forum.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
It's all about his life. If u give him kidney will he remain in mental institution?

If yea, let him die, it's the right thing to do.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^^

That is terrible advice!!!

It all depends on the quality of his life in the mental institution.

Not everyone in there has a life not worth living! Many get out and live very normal lives and others who stay there still enjoy their lives!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JustWuzzle said:
My bro is in an mental institution.
That's kind of important. Is his condition related to this? Is his stay at a mental institution temporary?

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
That's kind of important. Is his condition related to this? Is his stay at a mental institution temporary?
He took meds, the Docs knew were bad for him. He should be on the transplant list now. At least he will need kidneys in about 5 or 6 years. His stay in the institution is not temporary. He could be out living his his life but things could get bad for him in the real world. I called some people to get a lawsuit going the Doc knew for years that the drugs he were on would cause kidney failure. He said he wanted 4million probably not gonna happen but I want to get him out and living his life.