Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kidney beans?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making chili with all the ground beef I buy. Usually when you make chili, you add kidney beans. My question is whether they're allowed on a low/no carb diet or not. I know they contain carb per se but do they have the same affect on insulin as fruits or grains?

I suppose I'll include Almonds in this question.. Are they allowed on a low/no carb diet?

Thanks)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on which fruit you are talking about. Yes it'll be more or less the same effect. They're better than grains but they'll kill a low carb diet.

When I lost 30 lbs of fat on a low carb diet I ate a lot of chili and it was without beans. The tomato sauce were the only carbs i had with it.

Oh i guess it also matters what you mean by a low carb diet. What is low? If you are talking about the typical one that's like 30-50-100g of carbs a day you'll get that or close to that in one meal with chili with beans. I only had carbs PWO.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks ruckus

My carb are pre/post workout only, roughly 90-120g per workout day, so at most 360 a week.

Looks like I'll save the kidney beans for workouts only..

What was your chili recipe?

Cheers

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just threw random spices in pretty much. No real recipe.

Cayenne pepper, chili powder, pepper... Fairly random amounts.. mostly chili powder... Maybe some onion powder and garlic powder. Maybe half a bag of frozen mixed peppers. Depends what i had left.