Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Key to her heart: make her feel good about being with you

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of us have come to this board because somewhere in our lives we missed out on some of the basics when it comes to women. Maybe some of us had our confidence destroyed, haven't had enough social experience, lack a decent male role model or alike. Either we got hurt by a woman at some point or have felt inadequate when it comes to attracting women in general.

The problem is, a lot of people who come here start learning the error of their ways, which is usually that they've been too soft, scared or too "nice". Having discovered this, many of us (including myself) go to the opposite extreme of turning into a jerk, acting cold or defensive. We refuse to pay compliments to women, refuse to buy drinks or pay for dates, or do small favours, listen to women or sometimes even refuse to have conversations or spend time with a woman without some kind of ulterior motive (i.e sex). Worse still, we may start to focus too much on building our own value, bragging, overdoing the ****y + funny, trying too hard to be the alpha male and are generally very self-centred. This might make you look good, but it's not going to make a woman feel good about being with you.

The art of charisma is about making other people feel good in your presence. You don't have to praise them like they are above you, but show some interest in them, encourage them, show some respect for their ideals/goals and flatter them a little. Let them know that YOU enjoy THEIR company.

In another thread, Animalcrackers pointed out that paying a girl compliments often increases interest and on reflection I completely agree. I've been observing this and testing it a lot more, and have noticed that making a woman feel good about herself is the surest way to make her feel something for you. What's more, letting her know you are interested puts you in the potential date category in her mind and starts her thinking about you.

People here often associate flattery and being nice as a sign of low confidence and supplication, whereas the opposite is true. Think about it, if you can encourage someone to feel good, pay them genuine compliments without expecting any back, it shows confidence and security in yourself.

I started paying attention to guys who do this in a confident way. My sister's fiance is a good example. My sister is an attractive and smart girl (and can also be a b1tch too) and 8 years younger than he is, but on meeting her he charmed her with flattery and attention. He took her out, paid and acted like a gentleman. He constantly called her pet names like "babe", "gorgeous" and "darling" and would often tell her, with confidence, "you're my future". They have been in a solid and faithful relationship for 6 years and he still flatters her and tells her he loves her.

My friend's girlfriend of 1 year also told me she never fancied my friend to begin with, but she just found she loved spending time with him and he made her feel happy, and before she knew it she was falling for him. He did much the same thing (and paid for all their dates too).

Another female friend recently hooked up with a really low character. About a 4 in looks, a total jerk and quite sleazy. I asked her what the hell she was thinking and what she saw in him, and she told me "He said all the right things and made me feel good about myself". She never fancied him and when she discovered what he was really like, she was repulsed by him. Yes it is true that women often end up with jerks, BUT it's only because the jerks are NICE to them that they win them over. Same goes for a lot of guys who sweet talk women into sex...the emphasis being on the "sweet talk".

I've discovered similar things for myself. I've formed connections with women, made them feel good and they've fallen deeply for me. On the other hand, I've acted ****y, self-absorbed and focused too much on building my own value and put a lot of women off with it.

The key to complimenting is uniqueness. You need to compliment her in a way that shows that YOU appreciate her and makes her feel good about being with YOU, not in a way that turns her into an ego maniac wh0re.

Avoid generic compliments like "You're so hot/pretty/sexy etc" and "You have a great body/hair/eyes etc", and aim for more personal ones, like "I enjoy spending time with you" or even "I like your perfume, what is it?" and alike, that shows a personal interest in her.

But for God's sake, don't overdo the complimenting and pay them on your terms and definitely not when she's fishing for them or running herself down. For the most part, let your interest show in your actions, by giving her your time, asking her questions about herself and being close to her.

Don't misunderstand me. You should never swallow your pride, kiss her ass, play Mr Nice Guy etc and NEVER put up with any disrespect or let her whine about her problems etc. You want her to feel happy about being with you, not be someone she can depend on and turn to in times of need. There's a difference!

Also, you can use this attention as a reward/punishment scheme. If she's cold or disrespectful in any way, you can withdraw your attention and let her know you're turned off by that behaviour or having doubts about her. Trust me, women can become addicted to your attention and if you withdraw it, they'll soon come crawling back.

It may take practice to get all this right without slipping too far into ass kissing territory, but try it on some female friends just to see how they react.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree.

it has to be done in a right, confident way.

i always take an attitude that's sort of like "i can tell you you are pretty, but that doesn't mean i wanna get in your pants, so don't flatter yourself"

chicks seem to respond to confident honesty when combined with independence.

DVM1029

Reaction score
That was a fantastic post. I can relate and agree with you 100%.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been field testing this tip lately and on Monday here's what happened...

I met up with a female friend who I haven't seen since before Xmas. I've always suspected she's attracted to me and others have hinted at this too, but she is extremely hot (HB9) and I always believed the best way to handle her was with indifference and coolness. We got nowhere.

So when I met with her on Monday I was a little more flattering than usual. I told her it was good to see her and she looked well. She replied telling me it was good to see me too. We spent some time chatting and catching up, I asked her what she'd been upto and showed a lot of interest in being there with her. I also made a c+f yet flattering joke, saying I had cancelled a hot date with Mischa Barton to be with her:

Me: "Oh it was sad. She cried and kept begging me to stay with her, but I told her I had more important things to do."

Her: "Like what?"

Me: "Like meeting you, of course. You know you're my favourite, don't you?"

Her: "I bet you say that to all the women!"

Me: "Yeah that's true, but I only mean it with you."

Her: "Yeah yeah. Sure!"

Me: "Then why am I here with you and not Mischa Barton?"

Her: "That's so sweet."

Normally the "sweet" comment is not good to hear, but it was in the right context. Even though she was playing along, she got a little flustered and kept twirling her hair. (Notice that I was complimenting her, but in a confident and jokey way rather than a supplicating and wussy way).

I later neg hitted her one time. She spilt a little coffee and I accused her of being a pig and showing me up. She pretended to get in a mood and turned her back on me. I put my arms around her (kino) and, jokingly, started saying "Come on, baby, you know I love you really and I couldn't live with myself if you don't forgive me!" She started laughing and turned back to me.

It was dark and she had to catch the bus so I offered to wait with her, saying it would be such a tragedy if she were attacked and her pretty face was damaged.

As we were walking for the bus she started shivering and asked me if I'd keep her warm. I put my arm around her and she snuggled up against me. While waiting for the bus, she wrapped her arms around me and held herself up close against me, just like a girlfriend would. I told her I'd enjoyed spending the day with her and she told me she'd had a great time and we'd have to meet up again. Then her bus arrived, she gave me a hug and then added "let me give you a kiss". It was like she was going for a peck on the mouth, but I extended it and we ended up snogging.

She has called me since to try and arrange for us to get together and sent me a lot of texts.

I do have a girlfriend, however, and was wrong to do this, but that is a side note. I just wanted to share this to demonstrate how being flattering and nice can work to your benefit if done the right way.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a great post! And also a nice FR-at the end ;) Even though you have a gf...

Many people after learning about the community and internalizes the DJ-ideas and "rules", will find that they don't get the success they expected. I think alot of this is due to NOT complimenting girls. In my AFC-days i complimented girls alot and it worked pretty well for me. I stayed away from the standard, clichè compliments and tried to make up unique ones. I.e "You have a great profile", "It's really cute when you laugh like that" etc.. I tried to compliment girls on stuff that were special about THEM.
However I was not happy with my success with women and wanted to become a true DJ. So I chucked away EVERYTHING I used to do in the past, including paying compliments, and started applying my newfound wealth of knowledge. It did not get my any further with girls, infact i found it harder to make things more sexual/intimate because I was being TOO much of a prize. I rarely showed any signs of interest. I was busy being CnF, being alpha, watching my BL etc. What I've learned is that you have to show interest at some point and paying the right compliments can be really powerful. It appeals to their vanity and if they like you, then they really want to hear that stuff from you! Give sincere compliments, which doesn't give away your power. And do it with the utmost confidence.

Great post! I think this issue should be adressed more, as I think it becomes a sticking point after learning the DJ-ways...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by \O/
Great post! I think this issue should be adressed more, as I think it becomes a sticking point after learning the DJ-ways...
Thanks for the feedback. I also think it needs more attention on the boards. It was only when it came up in another thread it hit me and I realised I needed to test it out. The girl in the field report has started texting me like she's obsessed now. Could have consequences for me and my gf, but could have positive results for single guys out there. :)

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
I've been observing this and testing it a lot more, and have noticed that making a woman feel good about herself is the surest way to make her feel something for you. What's more, letting her know you are interested puts you in the potential date category in her mind and starts her thinking about you.
That is the key.

Make her feel good. Then take away those feelings (i.e. when you are gone) and she will want those good feelings back.

:up: post Jariel.

Definately DJ Bible material!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Trust me, women can become addicted to your attention and if you withdraw it, they'll soon come crawling back.
Oh god, i doubt I have said a more true sentence! After my little field tests with this tip, I decided I want to pursue something serious with my girlfriend, so naturally I've withdrawn my attention from these other girls. Now they are acting obsessed, even jealous and posessive, and 3 of them have told me/my friend they have feelings for me. One friend I've had for 4 years told me "I think I always had feelings for you, but I'm only just realising it".

Of course, women want a man of value, but above all I believe women want to feel beautiful, appreciated and loved. If you can make them feel that way, that's a very powerful and effective skill!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not what you say...

It's how you say it.

I told my current girlfriend that we would be together as soon as I met her. She joked it thinking I was crazy but we are still together after six months of LDLTRing it.

I got her to fall in love with me over the phone because of how I said it. I said that "I loved you" to her first.

It is never in what you say but how you say it.

Oh, God, i doubt I have said a more true sentence! After my little field tests with this tip, I decided I want to pursue something serious with my girlfriend, so naturally I've withdrawn my attention from these other girls. Now they are acting obsessed, even jealous and posessive, and 3 of them have told me/my friend they have feelings for me. One friend I've had for 4 years told me "I think I always had feelings for you, but I'm only just realising it".
I know how true that statement is as well. I withdrew the attention from my previous girlfriend and she missed it but she was forced to see me all the time. So she got so needy for seeing me that she sent me death threats (now she might be a psychopath :p ). Yes you remove the attention they will come out seeking it.

comic_relief

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping things grounded Jariel !

I've learned theres a fine line between, ****y and funny when only you think it's funny...otherwise known as ****yness.