Ketostix is banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
There's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom to troll.
And whos going to decide what is talking and what is trolling?
Let me guess? those who complain the most? as the feminazis strategy teach?

You know,sincerly i think that guy is far too extremist but not anymore than many other here,the strange fact is that he got banned while the others similar to him but in the opposide side are still on.
Any idea? I have a couples.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
Redneck is not a racist term. It describes a certain type of mindset. It's not something that applies to whites across the board, so therefore it's not racist.
It does'nt have to apply to all whites for it to still be racist,
redneck (used a certain way) is a racist term.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Redneck is not a racist term."

So when a fellow black pisses you off the first insult you might call him would be redneck?

Give me a break.

Its a term specifically used to insult whites just as the N word is a term specifically used to insult blacks.

Sure both white and black use the N word and the word Redneck as terms of endearment to those inside their race at times but its generally always considered racist when the opposite racial group uses the term to insult another.

Had you called keto a "horse's ass", "c0ckhead", "ass goblin", "scumbag" or something else that could be applied to any race we would not be having this discussion.

"And whos going to decide what is talking and what is trolling?"

A sane moderator or admin maybe?

Its not that hard to determine whose trolling a message board group.

A troll is typically someone in an internet community whose only function is attempting to piss off the rest of the group and derail the posters of that group from having productive discussions by angering members to such a degree that the focus of a thread becomes the troll and not the topic's subject itself or the troll is simply content to be a general annoyance that enjoys getting little jabs in here and there and making idiotic threads or posts that they know will serve to throw off otherwise good discussion.

Iqqi fits this bill.

Tacky Taco fits this bill.

The poster potato fit this bill.

Negative Nancy and the rest of the NLG cretins fit this bill.

Thousands of other banned posters on some of the most populated online boards on the net fit this bill and all were met with an immediate ban hammer once it was recognized that they were only in the community to piss people off and did not actually desire to contribute anything of substance they just hated the community whatever it was and sought to harm it in some way and trolling is how they accomplish this.

Certainly it can be hard to tell whose really trying to simply offer a legitimate opposing view they believe in verses someone whose just offering an opposing view to piss a community off they don't like so you're right in that a judgement call must be made on whether someone is a troll or not and what usually happens is the mods get massive user feedback and then look over the accused person's posts take all the information and community opinion into consideration then vote amongst themselves whether a certain user is a troll, then if its voted yes that user is ejected from the community and sometimes even if the mods don't agree they see that the community is in turmoil and being damaged by the person so eject that person for the good of the userbase and to prevent the need to lock anymore threads which ruins discussion.

The majority of the userbase here has spoken and what they have said is that iqqi should be gone from this site permaneantly.

Wyldfyre was ejected for the same reasons, so there is no reason iqqi should still be around.

And I'm sure the more elaborate Tacky Taco becomes with his trolling once he decides the current amount of trolling he is doing is boring to him the community will take notice of his activities as well and demand for his being gone and it won't be soon enough.

nateistoraw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this forum is probaly not based in the United States, thus the Freedom of Speech Ammendment is irrelevant. Well the hosting of the forum, I should say.

Alot are based in the UK and Nigeria.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To also point out, I think Ganondorf got banned recently too. Although he is not as prominent, I don't recall him trolling. The others was largely expected, at least from who I can tell.

I got a feeling that the and just came in and took all the ban requests and banned them without looking at why are ppl requesting it.

rest of the NLG cretins fit this bill
Is there anyway for you to cool down on that? I remember you stated that "except everyone you are cool with," but those you are cool are just as much a part of that site as the people you don't like (and ppl like Negative Nancy are not there). By that statement, Keto fits the bill, as well as penkitten, Karma, Bible Belt...

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
next level game, a forum (reportedly) similar to sosuave in function and purpose.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ketostix was never actually informed why he was banned. The only post he had recently that was deleted was called "So iqqi went to a gangbang" which is why he suspects iqqi has something to do with him being banned.

That is all... nothing to see here...

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[oops]

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nateistoraw said:
Well this forum is probaly not based in the United States, thus the Freedom of Speech Ammendment is irrelevant.
The Constitution doesn't apply to speech between private citizens.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Cretins" implies the NLG trolls I may have forgotten to name as there are a lot of NLG b-team members trolling Sosuave of late.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
"Redneck is not a racist term."

So when a fellow black pisses you off the first insult you might call him would be redneck?

Give me a break.

Its a term specifically used to insult whites just as the N word is a term specifically used to insult blacks.
The two words are not comparable, or even close. Redneck describes more of a culture and mindset. I can say to any of my white friends, "I went to the deep south and you should've saw how those rednecks were staring me down" and not one of them would find that even the slightest bit offensive. Yet if a white said to a black friend, "I went to Detroit and man those n*gg*rs were staring at me", you can't even tell me that it's the same thing. Don't even try to compare the word "redneck" with the N-word.

Sure both white and black use the N word and the word Redneck as terms of endearment to those inside their race at times but its generally always considered racist when the opposite racial group uses the term to insult another.
The word redneck when used by blacks means nothing more than a racist(often southern) white person. It doesn't imply generalized racial inferiority or degredation, like the N-word. "Redneck" is a criticism of a certain behavior, not of someone's skin color. That's the difference.

Had you called keto a "horse's ass", "c0ckhead", "ass goblin", "scumbag" or something else that could be applied to any race we would not be having this discussion.
I did that too.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
cry harder

sheesh

if you get banned you probably deserved it.

if favoritism or like/dislike played a role i would be long gone by now

heres an idea. stick to the facts, state your opinion, dont hate and dont get into a pissing match and you should be ok.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw, what's to stop him from just coming back under a new handle?

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that Ketostix is banned, when is the banhammer coming down on iqqi? She's been a disruptive troll for years.

Come on people, anyone with half a brain can figure out that she hasn't been banned because she knows someone behind the scenes of this site in real life.

Remember the epic struggle with Wyldfire before she finally got banned? Turned out she knew Allen IRL or something like that and that's what took so long for her to get the axe.

So just come clean with us, who does iqqi know / what does iqqi know / what is she doing for someone that keeps her from getting the boot?

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys when i talked about "free speech" i didnt meant the american costitution,i meant a principle that any REAL man should love,wheter is written or not.
So no need to disturb some old men and his piece of paper from last centuries.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Keto was banned because of the gang bang thread, then maybe that is what he gets. He started an entire derogatory thread about a member here, and that is banworthy, isn't it? Regardless of whether or not the member is a (gasp) girl, or even favored or not by the current "anti-matrix" gang here. I am surprised because worse threads have been started here with me as the target, but hey, finally the rules are being enforced even when the target is the iq.

I definitely reported the thread when I saw it, but I didn't really think it would be dealt with that seriously. So on one hand I feel badly... but the more I think about it, Keto's real life issues seem to only manifest more by being on this site. He has some severe issues with women and other minorities, and that is pretty evident in almost every single post he makes. This site is so anti-woman right now, it couldn't have been good for him. The fact that he was here for five years and showed no improvement has to say something.

As far as me being a troll... I have been here since 2003. And the moment I arrived I have been controversial. I am a woman, I cuss, I have strong opinions and I am not afraid to voice them and debate them. That is like the antichrist here to the people who hold SS as some kind of religion... similar to people who read the real life bible wrong and make crazy laws based on their interpretation. Much of the advice that I give is completely inline with the actual DJ bible here, moreso I think than some of the other posters posting.

Anyways, I do not violate the rules here.

I do not call posters out repeatedly as trolls for months and years on end, with absolutely no substantial points that are actually relevant to the thread. (KontrollerX)

I do not call anyone a troll for simply having a different opinion, nor do I claim to be a mind reader on that person's intentions to post. (KontrollerX) I mean I think it has been asked before... but how does one come to the conclusion that a poster sets out to be upsetting, just because they usually disagree with your viewpoints? Isn't that akin to a witch hunt?

I do not respond to a disagreement with name calling or flame baiting, that has nothing to do with the actual thread's topic. (Too many posters to name.)

I do not mention a poster that I disagree with should or wants to do anything pretty vulgar or sexual with me, in an effort to insult them, instead of replying to their opposing points. (STR8UP)

I do not post a person's public information on a board of thousands, abusing my moderator privileges. Then repeatedly make offhand comments while locking threads to keep that as the last word. (Rollo Tomassi)

There is a lot more bannable offenses made here by the posters that seem to live here, towards me, than anything I have ever said or done. My posts are combed through and discussed vehemently in an effort to ban me.

But guess what! I do not do the things listed above. I am guilty of having an opposing viewpoint from the bigger bullies that patrol these forums lately. I might also be guilty of being intelligent enough to voice these opinions and views, while also one upping anyone who wants to stoop to a level of insult, however I can't really engage in that too much anymore because... I am being WATCHED. Lol.

I have been on certain mod's watchlist for some time, and no I do not know any mods or Allen personally, and I do not even know if Allen likes me or not. I do think it was wrong that another certain female member was banned because of a certain few members and mods here riding her the way they ride me. But I'll have to disappoint that posse, because I can see where she went wrong.

She was emotionally invested.

But I read that one thread in the DJ bible... protect thy heart. ;)

Check that one out, newbies. And remember... remain calm, cool, and collected at all times.

Peace... one day. :cool:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how none of the mods chime in to tell everyone WHY he was banned so users are aware of the infraction....

It seems to me than when someone is banned it is a result of these things:

-Racially-charged remarks (albeit they seem to be selective about these)
-Homo-bashing (LMS)
-Religious insults (again, selectively. Ive seen Christianity blasted hundreds of times with no recourse...)
-Deliberate trolling and flame-baiting

Also, I think everyone who is banned is warned at least once.

Unfortunately, SoSuave is not a democracy. It's some guy's forum and if he wants to ban people he has every right, whether it's fair to other users or not.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Btw, what's to stop him from just coming back under a new handle?
Admins can ban users by their names alone. This is a "light" ban that at least allows the person to view the forums when not logged in.
But there's also an internet protocol ban, which can ban every internet connection the banned person has used to acces the site. This will require the user to find a completely new internet connection to access the site, if he really wants to badly enough. If he makes himself identifiable though, then the admins can simply ban that connection as well.
I don't know which ban he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.