Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Keto and reduced appetite

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've been on Ketoish type of diet for the last year. I'm circling around 47 LBS of weight loss. I still do not care for my stomach area, but it's improving slowly. Arms and legs are muscular and I look decent in extra slim fit shirts. I am now noticing I am not very Hungary anymore. I eat a decent breakfast (eggs, bullet coffee) and maybe a yogurt or salad for lunch and I am good until the next morning. I skip dinner as I have no appetite. This is something new within the last month or so.

Anyone else experience this?

R

Ranger

I usually have one meal a day. About five days out of the week. It’s not one sit down. It’s spread over maybe two hours.
If I have coffee I also use MCT oil in a blender for mine.
I prefer to fast until after my workout around 4:00pm
I break my fast with a fat bomb.

Sometimes I’m really hungry and other times not so much. I do notice that if I fry up some Brussels or some asparagus in coconut oil first, I eat much less.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started Keto every time and end up lossing 10Kg then lose the desire to continue

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The prevailing science seems to be to do keto for a month or so, then start introducing some carbs back in and build up to your tolerance. The month of keto helps you reset your insulin levels more than anything. After you start introducing good carbs and decreasing the fat, your testosterone also goes up.

Couple of things: During that keto period, please remember not to adhere to the bro science of this.....you can't guzzle fattening and expect not to gain weight and clog your arteries. Also, vegetables are your friend. Eat as many as you can.

R

Ranger

The prevailing science seems to be to do keto for a month or so, then start introducing some carbs back in and build up to your tolerance. The month of keto helps you reset your insulin levels more than anything. After you start introducing good carbs and decreasing the fat, your testosterone also goes up.

Couple of things: During that keto period, please remember not to adhere to the bro science of this.....you can't guzzle fattening and expect not to gain weight and clog your arteries. Also, vegetables are your friend. Eat as many as you can.
This is a miss understanding and false data about Keto. Running on high octane fat will always be superior fuel.
Anyone who stops eating carbs in the form of greens and most vegetables isn’t doing KETO. They neither understand or truly don’t know how the human endocrine system works.

This “stay on it for a month” is garbage spread by vested interests. They went from flat out warning untill it cured type 2 diabetes to ok...just for a month. We don’t know the long term effects but we aren’t going to do any studies, just listen to us because we’re experts.

Read “Primal Blueprint”. You will be sick of reading all the science and studies. Clear back to the 1940s
Mark Sisson kept it to the bare minimum and put links to hundreds of short and long term studies.

KETO is not heavy protein. It’s plenty of fats. Protein is around 100 grams.

Grains and sugars are the problem.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a miss understanding and false data about Keto. Running on high octane fat will always be superior fuel.
Anyone who stops eating carbs in the form of greens and most vegetables isn’t doing KETO. They neither understand or truly don’t know how the human endocrine system works.

This “stay on it for a month” is garbage spread by vested interests. They went from flat out warning untill it cured type 2 diabetes to ok...just for a month. We don’t know the long term effects but we aren’t going to do any studies, just listen to us because we’re experts.

Read “Primal Blueprint”. You will be sick of reading all the science and studies. Clear back to the 1940s
Mark Sisson kept it to the bare minimum and put links to hundreds of short and long term studies.

KETO is not heavy protein. It’s plenty of fats. Protein is around 100 grams.

Grains and sugars are the problem.
It doesn't have to be extreme. When I say increase the carbs back in, I'm not saying to gorge. You do this slowly.

Greens and vegetables are a staple of any diet or lifestyle that aims to be healthy. Jay Cutler doesn't eat greens and he thinks it's fine. He's absolutely going to die of a heart attack one day.

Grains and fruits are not problems, by the way. Nothing is truly a problem in and of itself except for highly processed foods of any kind. The further from nature it is, the worse it is.

Good fats are great, I agree about that. That's why they are the hardest to find. Good olive oil, avocados, flax seeds, nuts, fish. These things are all expensive. I would take it easy with the coconut oil, milk/creams and animal fats, man. Moderation.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on Ketoish type of diet for the last year. I'm circling around 47 LBS of weight loss. I still do not care for my stomach area, but it's improving slowly. Arms and legs are muscular and I look decent in extra slim fit shirts. I am now noticing I am not very Hungary anymore. I eat a decent breakfast (eggs, bullet coffee) and maybe a yogurt or salad for lunch and I am good until the next morning. I skip dinner as I have no appetite. This is something new within the last month or so.

Anyone else experience this?
Rick, it happens to me when I am eating super clean. You are fueling your body with healthy food and almost zero carbs. Your blood sugar is remaining stable so your not having those dips that send you into a hunger rage. In college I was extreme with my cutting. I would splurge every two weeks and go to Olive Garden and eat their endless pasta. It was sickening how much pasta I would eat and then 3 hours later I would be starving again.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Rick, it happens to me when I am eating super clean. You are fueling your body with healthy food and almost zero carbs. Your blood sugar is remaining stable so your not having those dips that send you into a hunger rage. In college I was extreme with my cutting. I would splurge every two weeks and go to Olive Garden and eat their endless pasta. It was sickening how much pasta I would eat and then 3 hours later I would be starving again.
I hear you. I've started to allow myself one slice of pizza and possibly a pasta dish once a week. I've learned enough to where I can cook some mean meals and deserts now; just healthier. I've switched out sugar for either raw honey or monkfruit (I do prefer raw honey). I've switched out flour for almond, coconut and arrowroot flour so I can make keto rolls, bagels and my new favorite, fresh banana bread. IBH, the banana bread is tastier than regular banana bread. It's delicious. I'm still hovering in the early 150's, I range 3lbs - or + a day. I was a bit concerned when I hit 148lbs, but I recovered.