Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Keeping a Girl

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's insane how much material exists both here and all over the internet on how to get girls, but when it comes to keeping girls, there's a sudden shortage. Even the Don Juan bible has less than ten articles on the subject! What a shame! I've heard a large number of guys complain over and over again: "Man, I got the HB of my dreams! Now what? How do I make sure she never leaves me? How do I stay attractive? Should I stop using DJ techniques? HELP!" This, my fellow Don Juan brothers, is my attempt to do just that. But first, some background.

Years ago, like many (perhaps all) of you here, I was the AFC of AFCs. I had mad oneitis for a girl who was
  1. Unattractive. Looking back now, I see all her imperfections that I had previously overlooked. At the time, I was so in love with the idea of having a girlfriend (and not so much the actual girl) that I had lowered my standards and overlooked her unattractive qualities just for the sake of having one. Hear this, men: this is a grave mistake. Love the girl, not the idea of having one.
  2. Uninterested in me. I was the proverbial emotional tampon and best friend. Whenever we made plans to "hang out", she'd flake if something more fun came up, and let's face it: anything is more fun than being with a ballless AFC, amen? Whenever the topic of being more than friends came up, she'd say "nooooo I don't want to ruin our friendship" by way of letting me down easy. She'd often joke about me being one of her girlfriends, say things like "wait, you have balls?! hahaha!" and talk about her abusive boyfriend, seeking comfort in my arms. I loved her like zombies love brains in spite of all of that.
I later went on to meet a couple of her friends, one of whom treated me like the garbage that I was, the other of whom hung out with me out of pity and put up with my constant spewing of AFC vomit, saying things like "I could die right now and I'd die happy" while simply out with her on a not-date "friends only" one-on-one "hang out". It was after one of these hang outs, that something snapped. I wanted to kiss-close her so bad. I could feel the desire burning within me, but I chickened out. Something was very wrong.

The next day, I discovered SoSuave, Don Juanism, the DJ Bible, Pook, Anti-Dump, and all of the magical wonders of this way of life. I had much to learn! And learn I did. I did the DJ Boot Camp, I read the DJ Bible, I worked endless hours on myself, got the phone numbers, called the girls, got the dates. Ah! It's working! Yes! Oh? What's this? This girl... she actually likes me! A lot! She wants to pursue a relationship! Oh joy! My first girlfriend! Yuss! Oh wait... if she's my girlfriend... that means we can break up! Oh no! I hope she doesn't leave me! Oh my! I must maintain her interest level! Oh gosh! I hope I don't lose her! OH NOES! I HOPE SHE DOESN'T BREAK UP WITH ME!

Obviously, she did. She left me. There I was: broken, sad, destroyed, confused. I would look at old pictures of us together, read old messages we had exchanged, dream about what it would've been like if we were still together, but all of it in vain – she was gone. Why did she leave? Well, they say they leave because "it's not the right time" or "we're moving too fast" or "I just need some space" or "I'm not ready yet". I could list out all the things women say. The fact of the matter is this: she lost interest. She didn't want to be together anymore, and so she ended it.

As much as she says otherwise (and she will say otherwise), this is why they leave. After all, why would you put an end to something you want, like, love and enjoy that doesn't harm you but enriches you? Who says things like "Oh, I need to stop making so much money! I love it, but I need some space!" or "I need to get rid of my comfortable luxurious house. Now's not the time. It's moving too fast and I need space!"? No. She doesn't want you, so she left.

"Why didn't she want me?! She said she did in the beginning! That's why we were in this relationship in the first place!"
Exactly. Something changed for the worse along the way. Something significant. Something way more significant than your bank balance, your employment status, your house, your car, your physique. Women will stay with you despite all of those failings in a committed relationship. What changed? Your sexuality. Think back to when the relationship began. When y'all were star-crossed lovers. When y'all enjoyed the taste of each other. When y'all couldn't keep your hands off each other. Back when the crippling fear of losing her had not set in. Do you see it? The difference?

You didn't care. You had no investment in her. She was just another girl. Her absence would not have been that much of a big deal. Her saying "I'm moving away and probably won't see you ever again" would not have bothered you in the slightest. Your having to move away and the thought of never seeing her ever again would not have perturbed you in the least. And look at you now! "Please don't leave me! I don't know what I'd do if you left me! Oh no, she left me! I don't know who I am anymore!" Ah, this relationship, the fear of losing your girl has robbed you of your balls. It has castrated you, turned you into a lesser man; an extremely unattractive man. After all, if a girl leaving you would destroy you so much, how could you possibly provide for and protect her from the other nasties in the world?

"What are you saying then? What should I have done differently? How might I have kept her?"
By being a man. By being a Don Juan. By staying on the path of self-improvement and aspiring to be all that you can be regardless of her, by simply being happy with or without her. If she leaves, so what? There are billions of other girls around. If she stays, that's cool too. You keep a girl by being outcome independent. You keep a girl by not being emotionally attached to someone other than yourself because the truth is this: other people will fail you.

No no, Don Juan, your joy does not come from other human beings. What you did was you started worshiping this girl as if she were God. When God tells his people "I will never leave you nor forsake you", he means it, and so his people worship him for it. Here's a newsflash: your girlfriend, as angelic as she may seem, is not God. When you treat her as God, it puts way too much pressure on her that she cannot bear. As a result, the relationship cracks and breaks.

To keep a relationship healthy, you've got to know who you are and what you want. You've got to have a life. Your girl cannot be your life. If she is, it's only a matter of time until the relationship crashes and burns under the weight it cannot bear. You've got to know what you want. Do you want a clingy girl who gets mad if you don't text her back within 5 minutes? Do you want a girl who forbids you from talking to other girls while she's constantly on the phone with 3 new men everyday? No?

Then why did you put up with her when she did those things in the relationship instead of dumping her and moving on?! Why did you fight about it and seek to change her behavior instead of dumping her and moving on? Bro, there's a reason you date before you marry. When you come across something you don't approve of, something you won't put up with, you don't try and change it – you end the relationship and find a girl who satisfies you better. After all, you're a Don Juan. You deserve the best. You don't change her, you dump her. You walk away.

Walking away is arguably the most powerful thing a Don Juan can do in a relationship, and must always be a route that you are willing to go so long as you're in a dating relationship. She must know that if you're unsatisfied, you'll walk, and work all the more harder to keep you satisfied. This fear of you walking away and knowing that you'll be perfectly happy and content without her will keep her pleasing you every glorious day that the two of you spend together and will keep the relationship vibrant and alive. After all, why wouldn't you be happy to walk away if the relationship sucks? It was a horrible relationship and now you're free! Hoorah!

It's worth mentioning here that you are to be a gentleman in the relationship. Don't you dare be a demanding jerk who orders her around and treats her like crap and then walks away when she refuses to play your stupid game. Instead, lead her with love. Make it a joy for her to serve you, make it her pleasure to obey and please her man. Let her do good things to you, let her spoil you because she wants to, not because she fears you'll walk away. Don't be an abusive joke of a man, be a Don Juan. Give her the best time of her life, and she'll gladly be with you for the rest of her life and give you the best time of yours.

Last edited:

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this post you made. It is very well-written and thoughtful. I have encountered this state while in a LTR. Complacency is a friend of nobody in dating.

AlphaGhost

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJazz said:
It's worth mentioning here that you are to be a gentleman in the relationship. Don't you dare be a demanding jerk who orders her around and treats her like crap and then walks away when she refuses to play your stupid game. Instead, lead her with love. Make it a joy for her to serve you, make it her pleasure to obey and please her man. Let her do good things to you, let her spoil you because she wants to, not because she fears you'll walk away. Don't be an abusive joke of a man, be a Don Juan. Give her the best time of her life, and she'll gladly be with you for the rest of her life and give you the best time of yours.
Powerful words and so true. Once you love yourself with or without some one else validating your worth. You become so much more powerful and when you show without saying that you don't need them they do more for you.

It makes sense the man is suppose to be a man, no matter what. The women is suppose to be needy of the man, not vice versa. Make her earn your attention, your love, its really art when done right and smooth. It really hard at first especially for an AFC

Crazystarf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't some of the advice in the DJ bible require you to be a demanding jerk around women at some point in the relationship?

Do note that the reverse also applies to the bolded part if you become too needy towards the girl, so don't just fall into it without treading the waters first alright?

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazystarf said:
Doesn't some of the advice in the DJ bible require you to be a demanding jerk around women at some point in the relationship?
No. Real men don't demand and raise their voices to get women to obey them or follow their leadership. Women are naturally predisposed to do so on their own. It's nature. It's the lesser males who resort to being demanding jerks around women to prove a point, or to pathetically beg for attention: think "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M SUCH A JERK PLEASE REACT TO MY JERKYNESS PLEASE NOTICE ME!!". A proper Don Juan would never stoop to this level. A Don Juan is content with life, knows he's the great catch and that the women aught to win him over. He has nothing to prove.

Crazystarf said:
TheJazz said:
Don't you dare be a demanding jerk who orders her around and treats her like crap and then walks away when she refuses to play your stupid game. Instead, lead her with love.
Do note that the reverse also applies to the bolded part if you become too needy towards the girl, so don't just fall into it without treading the waters first alright?
The bold part has nothing to do with neediness. It's about being comfortable in your own skin and being genuinely loving. By being this way, you disable needy behavior completely. Here's what a dialogue between a genuinely loving man and his woman would look like:

Man: How's life?
Woman: Good with you. :D
Man: Let's go to C&C Chocolate Factory tomorrow. Pick you up at 8.
Woman: Can't. My grandma's coming to visit.
Man: Okay, cool. Kiss her for me! *click*
Do you see it? The guy is completely indifferent. He knows he's the bees knees and he doesn't need his woman to stroke his ego. If she's got other plans, it's alright. He's still got tons of fun to have. On the other hand, a few hours after this conversation, the girl will have a mild panic attack:

Woman's mind: He seemed like he didn't care at all. :S Does he not like me? Maybe I should call him back! Maybe I should forget about grandma! AHHH I SHOULD'VE SAID YES! BUT NOW IT'S TOO LATE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!
All the while the Don Juan man is out having the time of his life. This will keep her attracted and will also stop her from behaving this way in the future. If this behavior persists though, the man would proceed to dump her faster than you can say gaejeag, and move on to a genuinely interested woman. After all, it's better to be single than to be in a loveless relationship, right?

bluenorther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJazz said:
If she's got other plans, it's alright. He's still got tons of fun to have.
When she pulls this cr@p on you, and it's something any *normal* couple would EXPECT to do together, it's a serious red flag.
My last romance told me about her special Christmas tree trip to the Gold Country, only there just wouldn't be room for me to go along.
Or, the girls-only trip to Disneyland...
She gave me the "I need time" talk a few weeks later.

N.Brixton

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gold. Thank you TheJazz. I've been reading a lot on the subject of keeping a girl lately. DJ Bible, Anti-Dump etc. due to my own rocky relationship that may be coming to its end. Your post finally help me understood something rather fundamental in plain English. That is, to be a man and keep focus on the self instead of wasting energy worrying about the girl.

I feel much better now knowing what I ought to do. The anxiety level stem from worry about the direction of my relationship seems to lessen.

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've often thought about it this, and I'd like for both sides of this issue to be debated. I think it's basic human nature to be needed and loved. Of course a Don Juan can always get other women or ways to have fun and enjoy himself. But I think showing the person your in a relationship with that you don't need them can be self destructive. Being too needy is something else entirely, and I agree that is bad for almost all relationships.

That's one thing. The second thing I wanted to talk about is there something wrong with a woman who shows you that she needs you and vice versa, granted that it's not annoying either one of you and you both like to be needed by the other. Is a man or a woman who doesn't need better for a relationship? Why?

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally, it's been a while since I've visited this Site usually I never need it any more and usually come here to help some people and I must say this has to be one of the best posts I've read. Most of them are "bro you gotta be a super fvcking alpha *******ee bro" type mess but that attitude is so shallow and a girl will see through it soon enough. Being a man with charge, ambition and indifference is the best course of action. Excellent post OP we need more threads like this out here.