Karma's guide to proper and healthy skin care.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
KontrollerX said:
Good thread Karma.

Aveeno body wash is also very good for the skin face included.

Though after using it you will feel like you just put lotion on your entire body lol.
Aveeno is a great brand as well. The primary ingredient being oatmeal which is also very good as a natural exfoliator.

Nivea, Neutrogena, Aveeno are all great products and I'm sure there are many many more which do a great job. The importance of reading the label and weighing what the product provides for you and your skin type are what's important not a brand name or advertisement.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I have a question about using witch hazel toner. Why is it better to store it in the refrigerator? And is it something you're supposed to wash off after applying or just leave on?

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
None of this bull**** matters if you eat like crap, skin is affected from the INSIDE not the outside, unless you get stabbed or something.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
None of this bull**** matters if you eat like crap, skin is affected from the INSIDE not the outside, unless you get stabbed or something.
Yeah I don't eat like crap, and I still have an oily and porous forehead/nose. So anyways...

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have red acne, not pimples, they come and go and are mainly from shaving or too much dust.
But red acne which is like red marks, you know. Anyone have a remedy for this?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
Alright I have a question about using witch hazel toner. Why is it better to store it in the refrigerator? And is it something you're supposed to wash off after applying or just leave on?

I like to use it cold because of the "whoosh" factor it delivers. No other reason. It works just as good sitting next to the sink.

And no, do not rinse it off. It will dry naturally in seconds.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Obviously you haven't done your research. Take your idiocy somewhere else dumbass.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
MrS said:
I have red acne, not pimples, they come and go and are mainly from shaving or too much dust.
But red acne which is like red marks, you know. Anyone have a remedy for this?
This problem is caused from a completely different animal. Red acne is usually caused by an overflow of sebaceous oil.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Let's take a look at sebaceous oil. This is the oil that your body secretes naturally to keep your skin moisturized and healthy. Many people think that overproduction of sebaceous oil is the cause of acne. In most cases, they are right- bacteria and oil can cause acne. However, there is a catch. Your body naturally secretes these oils, so why would your body itself be causing it's own acne? It probably isn't, and this is where you need to step in.

In order to survive, your body needs to be hydrated with water- pure, simple water- no sodas, no soft drinks, no sugary fruit juices. If you aren't drinking enough water, your body may secrete extra oil to make sure it's skin is kept in tip-top condition. Why? Because oil keeps your skin from letting go of too much water. Over time, body fluids can evaporate at the skin's surface, thus drying you out if you don't continuously replenish your body's supply of water. So by excreting extra oil, your body more efficiently processes the water it does have. In the meantime, bacteria in the air land on your oily skin and have a reproduction party, overcoming your pores with millions of these pesky critters. In an attempt by your immune system to prevent the bacteria from getting inside your body, pimples appear. Sometimes filled with a white or yellowish fluid called pus, this icky stuff is filled with dead bacteria (the bad guys) and the white blood cells (your body's own good guys). The redness and inflammation associated with acne is also an immune system response. When the immune system senses a bacterial invasion, it sends extra blood to the area of infection and thus the surrounding tissue becomes reddened with excess blood an has a swollen appearance. The pimple will calm down and go away after your immune system has done it's job and the bacteria are all dead and the threat of infection in that particular spot has passed.

Whew. That's a lot of information, isn't it? Here's what we're trying to get at- acne is the physical manifestation of a lifestyle problem. Changes in diet, and stress levels (which alter hormone production) are the key sources of acne. Brown colored sodas have also been known to provoke acne breakouts in some people. If you drink a lot of brown colored soda, we recommend stopping. Perhaps an allergy to the additive “caramel coloring†or just the lack of pure water intake, there is definitely a correlation between acne and soda. In all reality, water is the only liquid and adult human needs to hydrate themselves. The more additives in a product, the harder the body has to work to retrieve the water out of that product, and the more of it that goes to waste. This is why simple, pure water is the best decision when choosing a drink. Maintaining a balanced diet rich in vegetables is also crucial. Your body works best when it is properly nourished, and it needs the natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants found in foods.

Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. It can be that simple. There are other causes of acne, but I believe that inadequate diet is the main cause. Cheeseburgers, cake and soda simply don't nourish our bodies the way that we need them to. A diet rich in natural foods such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, fruits and whole grains can provide all of the nutrition necessary to keep your sebaceous glands from going bonkers and hosting a bacteria reproduction party on your face, causing ugly acne. It can take weeks, even months, for a corrected diet to reach it's full potential, but when you've made the switch, you'll feel and look so good that you won't even want to look back.
So, put down the Cokes and Diet Cokes and pickup a liter of plain ol' Fiji. Drink until you feel like you're going to float away. Piss like there's no tomorrow and flush the toxins from your system.

If red acne is detrimental to your appearance go and see a Dermatologist or go with Proactive. Which works extremely well.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you, Karma, I really don't drink enough water. But others don't either.
Anyway!
I don't drink or eat rubbish, but I don't drink enough, to be sure.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it really exfoliate? I bought the nivea extra gentle and it doesn't look like it has any beads or whatever.

Also, are there any oil-reducing moisturizer/lotions that have SPF in them?

Another thing- I saw a few lotions with CoQ10 in them, like a couple Nivea ones. Do they really have a high enough concentration of CoQ10 to do anything?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
No, they're not exfoliators in themselves. However, for extra oily skin the less you beat up the epidermis the better. A gentle cleanser is appropriate and quite useful. Because oily skin is more prone to infection it's best to stay with a cleanser. If you do exfoliate do it once a week tops.

Here is a wonderful explanation of Coenzyme Q10:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coenzyme-q10/NS_patient-coenzymeq10

I'm looking for oil reducing moisturizers/lotions with a decent spf for you.

No.

Don Juan
Reaction score
The toner and moisturizer I'm using at the moment both have Cognac in them, it's pretty pimp daddy (and it's expensive stuff) but is the alcohol no good for me?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
It may be expensive as fvck and still be detrimental to your skin's health. Alcohol is a very cheap filler used by shady companies which does nothing but pull moisture from your skin cells. What you bought, young brother, was cognac kitchy sh!t.

sozzz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Karma i went out n bought a product called Nivea double face wash. Is that bad or is that the same as Nivea Gentle face wash like the one you suggested? I used it today, and i feel fine. Not sure if i should continue, so i thought you could help.