Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kanye West's new album

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
skyballa, sucks like most cali rappers.

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh its either a 'love or hate' album. I just feel its something different from most of the **** that is out at the moment.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not nearly as good as his first album.

I was especially put off by the fact that the new single "Gold Digger" sounds exactly like the song "Get 'Em High" off his first album, except that the lyrics are a little different. Funny though cause the subject matter is pretty much the same. Maybe he thought people wouldn't notice?

Most of the songs I couldn't even listen to for more than 30 seconds before I got bored and skipped to the next track.

:down:

Reaction score
Late Registration is pretty good album. Far from a classic, but is definately worth listening to.

His lyrics improved from his debut (still a mediocre rapper). It's definately one of the best produced album this year. There's about 4 Skits and and one horrible track. Overall: Above average album.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just downloaded the album... it's a classic.

Even though I think he needs to learn how to make his own beats, he is up there with Timbo as far as originality.

The thing about Kayne you have to understand, it's not really RAP as much as it is Hip Hop.

You aren't going to pop in a Kayne West CD and it sound like something 50 cents drops, because he is a rapper.

This is up there with Bone, est 1999 and Jay Z the Blueprint, I honestly think it's that good. Not a weak sone on the CD

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
This is up there with Bone, est 1999 and Jay Z the Blueprint, I honestly think it's that good. Not a weak sone on the CD
Wow, are you kidding me? Hahaha

If you like it, more power to ya I guess. But I think it's pretty bad. Still better than most of the rap out there right now though.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Up there with Blueprint, what are you smoking???

Even though I think he needs to learn how to make his own beats
What do you mean by this? Him and Brion make a good team. No worse than Dr. Dres participation in his so called produced tracks.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In that sense, yes they make an excellent team, but all of his beats are sampled from something.. He's not as bad as some people out there... have you heard "you'r gonna love me" by the backwoodz? They took the Old cassic, one of my favorate songs, "Your gonna love Me" by Jennifer Holliday, and, sampled one part of the song, and that's the enitre beat.

Kanye takes a smaple like.... Dream or on his new CD... So Major, and actually makes a beat ar ound the sample. so he is more orginal then alot of people give him credit for, but still sampling isn't the hardest thing in the world.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Its not hard, but getting that cool layered sound, is not possible with just a keyboard and an original idea. Hip Hop is sampling. I hate glossy synth beats. If a guy were to replicate a song like "we major" he would need a brass section. string section, and a host of session musicians, plus the musical idea. On this album kanye is the first producer in rap to get a really cool layered sound. The first musical rap album. Not every joe knows how to properly flip a sample--creativity.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"George Bush hates black people"

The latest stupidity to come out of this idiots mouth. Why people buy this trouble making big mouths album, is beyond me?

BTW, this was on national television live!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
Its not hard, but getting that cool layered sound, is not possible with just a keyboard and an original idea. Hip Hop is sampling. I hate glossy synth beats. If a guy were to replicate a song like "we major" he would need a brass section. string section, and a host of session musicians, plus the musical idea. On this album kanye is the first producer in rap to get a really cool layered sound. The first musical rap album. Not every joe knows how to properly flip a sample--creativity.
coudn't have said it better myself. he actually get's something most artist don't, and that's mu sic therory

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22
"George Bush hates black people"

The latest stupidity to come out of this idiots mouth. Why people buy this trouble making big mouths album, is beyond me?

BTW, this was on national television live!
George Bush hates POOR black people, the Rich black people he doesn't mind

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
George Bush hates POOR black people, the Rich black people he doesn't mind
EXACTLY.....

We have billions to fight a never ending war, but sit with our ass on our hands when our fellow country men are in need:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm glad Kanye blurted that out. I wonder if this will hurt his career????

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
what balls. i hope racist american's didnt use this as a reason not to donate.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
neal boortz mentioned that article on his talk show.:)

his comment was black people loot snd white ppl find food....:D