Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kanye West's new album

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
It leaked on the net a few days ago. Its quite hot. What everyone else think about it?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
it must have leaked on the net a lot earlier, because i was listening to it 4 months ago...yeah, it's awesome, i like it a lot actually.

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but its a load of crap. I downloaded it today and i cant believe i spent an hour of my day listening to that sh!t. Nearly every song is spoiled by some lame hook or sample. All the samples seem to be from some old classical sh!t my grandad probably listened to. Most of the songs are lame anyway but the ones which had potential are spoiled by that. Only song i really like is 'diamonds are forever'. 'crack music' is a decent song too but thats it.

It doesnt even sound like a rap album, its more on the side of a jazz album. I might actually tell my grandad to have a listen to this coz he will probably feel this.

I downloaded Jim Jones album though and that was more like listening to a rap album. Its jim jones so it aint a hot hot album, (for whoever knows jim jones) but its still a solid album. 'honey dip', 'confront ya babe' and 'summer with miami' beat any of that lame sh!t on kanyes album.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
something about him has always been "off"

He has self esteem problesm, noticable everytime he gives an interview.

He thinks he is gods gift to music, and all he does is simple other people's songs.

Do you know how easy that is?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
something about him has always been "off"

He has self esteem problesm, noticable everytime he gives an interview.

He thinks he is gods gift to music, and all he does is simple other people's songs.

Do you know how easy that is?
Don't think sampling is that easy. Sure, anyone coul speed up vocals, sample olds songs, and use them as the hook, but what makes hip hop producers great is their ability to catch and hold your interest in a limited amount of time (8 bars or so.) About his attitude, he does get on my nerve sometimes, but hell, it is rap music not some sissy boy band ****... Did anyone watch fade to black??? If you did, you would understand what makes kanye, neptunes, timbaland, rubin, and my fav just blaze GREAT. They dont just make a beat they actually produce a song, coming wih story lines, hooks and a cinematic like vision for their tracks.....

Kanyes new album is trash....... Damn when will S.Carter break out the 45?

/_\---- my attempt at throwing up the dynasty sign...

Jim Jones. did cam write his lyrics??? Im one of the few dipset fans around here......

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's with all the bongo drums when he features in a song?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trust me, sampling isn't that hard.... not the easiest thing in the world, but It's not rocket science.

if you have the right tools/software, sampling a song shouldn't take more than 2 hours tops.

My best friend is a producer (works at baseline records), I have seen him sample countless records, even off of vinals...it's not that damn hard, espically if I am doing it for a living.

Timbo, in my opinion is a much, much better producer, because everything he does is soo damn original. The old Timbo and Magoo CD is one of my Fav Cd's, simply because EVERY track on there is bumpin and it is oringal. He sampled all of one song on a 19 song CD.

Like I was saying, my best friend, actually both of them are making a CD. Their first single to get played on the Radio is a song called "for the love", which is a sped up sample of the Isley Brothers "For the Love of you"... That entire Beat was made between 8pm and 10pm on a Wednesday night while we were getting ready to go out to a bar, the three of us. Now of course he (the friend of mine that produces the music) had to go back and master the song, add a few touchups and all, but the beat was done in an hour and a half and change.

Try making a creative beat from scratch, something that people think is new, but yet hot.... like I said, Kayne is no damn rocket scientist, he is doing the same thing Master P did, but it is better at it... And Master P took it a step father, he actually Remade the damn songs, not just sampled them.

Kayne has his place, I am not saying he is BAD, hell I liked his first CD, but my freaking gosh. I saw an interview wtih him on MTV the other day, and he had the never to say he is changing the meaning of music....yeah, to the eqiuivlant of bringing back Afro's and Bell Bottoms from the 70's.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
down here in Arkansas, Young Jezzy's CD is like the Offical State CD, men, women, old and young people listen to it.

One day, true story, I got in 4 different cars, and I swear on my little sister, everyone was playing his CD.

It's hot though, if you haven't heard it, get it. Don't get the Boyz in the Hood CD however, it's not as good

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And don't get me started on the "Diamonds are Forever" Video.

I have never seen a video, that had absolutly NOTHING to do with what he was trying to day in the message of the song.

It's like he made a video, just to show he knows something going on in the world.

The title, implies that the song is going to be something about jewerly, possibly flashing it off.

The Song itself, is reffering to Rockafella, and that Rockafella=Diamonds are forever.. (The Rock is still Alive... etc)

The video is about the war in Siera Lione (I don't think I spelled it right) over the blood diamonds.

Now, if he would have connected the three at the end of the video, I would have given him his due, but he didn't.

... However, I do like the GoldDigger Video, it's different and has cute women in it :woo:

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sampling isn't hard and its nothing new.

All most all of the hip-hop/rap beats today are sampled from a lot of the great and classic rap beats from the 80's and 90's. Even when rap/hip-hop was new and orginal, DJs would just sample music from the popular disco songs of the day and in some cases add drum machines (thank god for Kool Herc and Grandmaster Flash.) To futher hammer the point, alot of disco beats where just sampled beats from old R&B and soul songs.

azn_alex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
And don't get me started on the "Diamonds are Forever" Video.

I have never seen a video, that had absolutly NOTHING to do with what he was trying to day in the message of the song.

It's like he made a video, just to show he knows something going on in the world.

The title, implies that the song is going to be something about jewerly, possibly flashing it off.

The Song itself, is reffering to Rockafella, and that Rockafella=Diamonds are forever.. (The Rock is still Alive... etc)

The video is about the war in Siera Lione (I don't think I spelled it right) over the blood diamonds.

Now, if he would have connected the three at the end of the video, I would have given him his due, but he didn't.

... However, I do like the GoldDigger Video, it's different and has cute women in it :woo:
umm if u listen to diamomds properly
"i thought my jesus piece so harmless/ til i seen a picture of a shorty armless"
it is about that ****

the album takes time to grow on you but after a while it is hot

all of u saying sampling is so ez, how come not alot of producers sampling old soul records are enjoying the same success as kanye then?

Zairi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kanye's new album was a dissapointment. I had high expectations for this album.

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
it must have leaked on the net a lot earlier, because i was listening to it 4 months ago...yeah, it's awesome, i like it a lot actually.
maybe you should get the retail version? :) (RIP DATE: 18 Aug 2005)
it contains lots of songs that aren't on the advance version you're holding on :)

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't he the one who went off on a wild tangent bad mouthing the white race at some award show?

high nrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate dipset. and cam'ron and the rest of them. all they do is say "dipset" a lot

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think sampling is hard, I do it everyday. All I was saying is that it takes a level of creativity to make any song, even one sources with other folks music. Even the neptunes interpolate just about every track they've ever made, most musicians do.

Diamonds are forever video/ lyrics---

I read somewhere that kanye shot the video before he added new verses to the song. He got interested in "conflict diamonds," (check GNN for a video on what is happening in sierra leone, very serious stuff) so he changed the song.

Dipset dipset, they grow on you.

I agree that timbaland is one of the most original producers, but his music lacks versatility. I like producers than can really change up their style to really fit a particular artist.

Damn Im about to watch fade to blk again just to see hov tell blaze his **** is limited.

Isn't he the one who went off on a wild tangent bad mouthing the white race at some award show?
Not really...He was pissed that he didnt receive best new artist or something like that. The award was given to some sorry unknown low selling country chick. He could have handled that better, but we need start to do the things we dont allow ourselves to do.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i don't know, maybe i've been listening to his old album thinking it was the new one. i like the song "where you at" with ludacris and the game...and also "golddigger" ...yeah, the rest of the album isn't that great.

anyone here heard of sky balla? there's a lot of hype about him. that's one album i'm waiting for...check out track 2 on his website:

http://www.skyballa.com/site.php