Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just want some input

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of six months and I broke up about a month ago. The problem? It still seems to me like we both *want* to be with each other, but there are bad circumstances that lead to a break-up. I admit that she did the majority of initiating the break-up. So my question is: would it be reasonable to give it some time (being completely isolated from each other, living our own lives) then try again, from scratch?

Info: I'm 18, she's 17. I'm in college (Georgia Tech), she's a senior in H.S, about 45 mins away from college.

B]The Relationship[/B] :
It was fantastic. Especially the first four months. I basically DJ'ed her perfect, without even thinking about it. We hit it off pretty quick. She is probably the hottest girl in her highschool (I went there last yr, that's where we hooked up). For people that don't know her, she tends to come off as a snobby ice queen. She gets a lot of attention, and a lot of sh!t, for being attractive. She dated a black guy a few years ago, and being in the region we live, she got a LOT of sh!t for that. She lost friends (she had been very popular before, but then almost overnight people were spreading all kinds of crazy rumors about her), and is universally known by the school population as "the hot chick that dates black guys".

Me, I could care less who she dated before. Plus, I kind of prefer it when chicks don't have a lot of "popular" friends. Anyways...she has a very unique personality that I didn't think I would like when I first got with her. But I grew to love it. She is the quintessential 'giver'...a total oppositie of what you'd expect by her defensive and callous exterior. Our interest levels were sky-high during all this time. No not-returned phonecalls, cancelled dates, anything. She called me and e-mailed me, leaving sweet notes and everything. Another interesting thing about her was that she totally 'got it' when it came to DJ-ing principles. She would tell me how she loved the way I didn't put put her on a pedestal just b/c she was pretty. She basically quoted this site, without even knowing of the site's existence.

She has her downsides too. She is very emotional, and prone to making not-very-well-thought-out decisions when she's in an emotional state. More on this later. But sometimes I like her emotionality, it's fascinating to me b/c I'm not usually very emotional. She is strong-willed as all hell. Which is invigorating sometimes, but can be pretty bad at other times. But I'm like this, too. So her downsides aren't very weighty.

Basically- I think we're a particularly good (if unlikely) match. She's dated two types of guys before- jerks and chumps. She was attracted to the jerks, but they treated her like sh!t and played her, and she has enough self-respect to look past the attraction and get rid of them. The chumps would tell her how they were "done" (actual quote) if she wouldn't date them. I, being a budding DJ, know how to attract her like the jerk, but treat her with respect. And I can appeal to her on deeper levels too, personal interests and beliefs, sh!t like that.

The Break-up

I'd say about 4 months into our relationship, there started to be troubles. Her interest level I don't think has ever wavered much. I really believe that. If not, she's an actress for the ages. The troubles: We, uh, had a little fun in my college dorm one afternoon, didn't have sex, but were both naked, did stuff. Blew her mind. But then the next day, she started getting the silly idea that she might have gotten pregnant (I came (head), and I guess she thought the sperm might have somehow gotten inside of her somehow). I tried to reassure her, but she still freaked. She was sitting in class worrying all the time about being pregnant. Well...I probably should have chilled at that point and let her worry on her own, but I started to get angry at her for being so stupid about it. So we had probably our first big fight. Her birthday was around that time. I took her out, we didn't even say a word the entire meal.

This lead to her starting a trend of questioning if our relationship was 'good' or 'bad' basically, though it was clear she was loved me. Around me she was fine and happy, but sometimes she would be by herself and start finding "bad" things with our relationship. This lead to her calling me to break up with me, in tears, but I talked her out of being stupid. However, she still did the up and down thing. One day, she'd write an e-mail saying "I love you-everything is great", the next "Hey baby- I'm feeling bad again =( Love you always". So, her negativity ended up getting the best of her, and she called to break up again, this time with more resolve. I talked to her for a while, basically told her it was her loss. She ended up saying she wasn't sure, and I said, maybe we should just take a two week break. She agreed. So she ended up talking to me in about a week and a half, and let me know she figured everything out. She had talked to her mom or something and had a revelation that she loved me and she was being retarded looking for problems.

So we started again. We had agreed to 'just date' instead of be 'together' for a while after the break, but we couldn't keep away from each other. Things were great again. This lasted abt a month. Then, one day she brought up something a friend of hers had said about a Christian girl boyfriend/husband needed to be at the same point in their walk with Christ. She is a little bit more Christian-y than me; it never bothers me unless she brings me into it. I kind of got offended; I took it as her saying I wasn't good enough for her spirituality (although that wasn't the case). So we got in a fight, and we ended up breaking up that night. I think we both realized how stupid it was to break-up for that, and she called me back, and we ended up getting together again on a Sunday. I went over to her house and she cooked me dinner and stuff, she was all over me. I went home and later that night she called me and said "We can't do this, we can't get back together, we've broken up too many times". She was pretty resolute.

However, she ended up calling me about a week and a half later. (I hadn't made any efforts to contact her after she broke up). We talked on the phone some, conversation came to where we both were talking about how we can work it out; we should give it another chance, etc...we had basically agreed to hook up again the next weekend when I came home from college. Then she switched again. Before I even talked to her again. But she did invite me to a party, b/c she had already told me we would go. So we went and she was acting ice cold. I was like, "this is gay". I started being really ****y-funny and warmed her up. I swear, I can lite this girl up like a fire-fly. She was trying her best (as she later admitted) to act 'platonic'. She dropped me off early after the party was over, but then came back and called me and asked if I wanted to get something to eat. So I went. Despite her best efforts to appear aloof and unconcerned, we ended up parked, kinda gazing at each other. I could see the pain in her eyes. The pain of something she wants but, in her mind, is unnatainalbe. In this moment, I started touching her face with my hand. She was practically trembling. I went for a kiss. But she IS strong-willed like I said before, so she pushed me away, with tears in her eyes. I got pissed and left. She seemed kinda stunned and hurt. Ended up calling me that night. She said she was sorry, and she wanted to kiss me more than anything, but she couldn't let herself do it. We agreed there was probably life in our relationship if she could get over her issues- I told her I'd call her sometime after the New Year and see what was up. She said cool, but didn't know if she could wait that long for me. She said she'd call me sooner if she was ready. We ended up having phone sex (I guess not having it for a while makes a girl horny, eh?).

Whatever...a week later, she calls me and asks if I was with anybody. I said I have some options..blah blah, basically we agreed to get back together this next weekend and then the next day she calls...same sh!t, except this time, even more resolute. I don't know if she'll let herself talk to me this time, she might kill herself first.

OK...

That's how it stands. I hasn't been a week quite since that last "breakup". I'm doing ok...I'm improving myself physically and academically, and I'm about ready to do the DJ Bootcamp or some version of it. So it's not that I'm super-depressed; in fact, these breakups haven't really "hurt" me that much. Sure- I like this girl a lot, but I think b/c I *know* she still feels the same abt me, I don't feel that hurt. Just intense frustration and anger.

I can definetly think of things I would have done differently. I wouldn't have 'gotten' back with her as many times. I would have waited longer initially.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she's an emotional psycho? Could be...but she really is having a hard time in her life now. That initial trouble caused by the far of pregnancy was magnified by her obsessing over it, and caused a type of pendulum effect. And lately, her best guy friend decided to turn chump on her and declare his love or whatever- she actually went on a casual date with him while we were broken up, and he started to think she really likes him. So...she is faced with the task of rejecting her best friend whom she lead on b.c she was frustrated abt me. She did it, and the guy went apesh!t, telling her he's no longer her friend and how much of a b!tch she is. Being emotional, and that guy being one of her few good friends, she was really torn up that day. That day also happened to be the day this week she called and broke it off with me. So she obviously made a decision in an emotional state, and she makes screwy decisions when she's emotional...but she was so resolute and strong-willed that she won't allow herself to give in even if that's what she wants more than anything.

Plus...since we had been breaking up/getting back together, all of her friends, parents, aquantainces are basically pushing her to make a decision and stick with it- essentially they are rooting against us being together. So this influnces her to make decisions that conflict with what she feels.

So why type all of this? Like I started saying, I think we have a special relationship. I know there are women out there of higher caliber than this one, but I also know they are difficult to find. That in itself is no excuse I know, but they way I see it, a relationship with as much potential as this one shouldn't just be given-up on.

Here's what I'm planning; leave her alone. Let her deal with her sh!t, she'll probably be able to make heads and tails of things better when I'm not around. She has too many negative emotions for the relationship at this time. As for me, I'm going to enjoy myself, and increase my dating options so I can thwart the one-itis nipping at my heels. Then, a while into the future (how long I'm not sure) I'll call her and see what's up, ad take it from there. I want to say I'll wait long enough to develop significant options at least, so my dating life isn't solely based upon the whims of this girl, who hasn't been very consistent for a while.

I do have a problem with completely NEXTing her. I think there's still enough there to have something good in the future. I won't try to force it. What I'm counting on I guess is that she isn't really a psycho with emotional problems, but just had a bad couple of months- it happens. Maybe when this emotional storm she's having bloes over she'll be quality LTR material again.She was really good the first 4 months, and even at isolated points during the last two months.

If she moves on in the meantime, fine. If I move on in the meantime, fine. In fact, I'll make an effort to do it. But I think I will enter her life again, at some point, to make sure this was given every reasonable chance of success.

If anybody makes it this far- damn. It's long I know...but I think it's neccessary to see if this is a special case or not.

Tell me what you guys think- -E-Z

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know it's long as ass, but *bump* this sh!t

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read it ALL

your in a tough situation but u CANNOT devout any more time to a girl that doesnt know what she wants

i think it prolly best to have some time to yourself

imean goodness sake you are at GT.

i visited ATL early this fall so i know of the caliber that your living with

go out there and find some more options

let this girl persue you!!!

if she wants let her come and visit YOU.

that way if she wants to leave SHE can leave.

u need to be rid of all this emotion and crap

start enjoying college

GO YELLOW JACKETS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by E-Z Rider

Here's what I'm planning; leave her alone.

Yes, please do that. Give her plenty of time to work her issues out. If you don't get back together, then it wasn't meant to be -- just LEARN from it and move on with your new life in college. You're both very young and have your whole lives ahead of you, for chrissakes. You just started school at Tech right? Should be plenty of new people to meet at school and all....life's too short!

I used to live in ATL and damn, I *really* miss those Georgia Peaches. ;)

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys- in fact after I type this I'm gonna go to the local mall in ATL and do some cold pick-ups :). I know I need to find other chicks. It'll take my mind off of this at least, and I may find a girl worth a damn. In addition, I'm going to get involved a lot more on campus, maybe pledge a fraternity this spring. GT itself isn't really rich with HB's (72% guys) and a lot of the chicks are ugly as sin. But there are some HB's. And most of the guys here are AFC, they play computer games all day and say things like "Tech girls are SOO intimidating". But there is opportunity. So I have that going for me.

Still...I think it might be nice to try to initiate some contact with this girl after a while. I'm not sure how long, but at least long enough for A) me to get other options and care about the final outcome less, and B) for her to find some stability. Then we can see how it goes from there. I don't see much wrong with this, as long as I don't get too caught up in it, and stay strong ya know?

Thanks again for the inspirations. -E-Z

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am no DJ but i read it and will give my 2 cents.

It sounds like she has a high interest level still but has a lot of angst at the moment, stuff that will continue to interfere with your relationship until she sorts it out. It is admirable of you to empathise with her and understand her point of view, but hot and interested as she is, it sounds like you would do better to date other more stable girls until she sorts out these problems and matures a bit, by which time I am sure you could seduce her once again.

Hell, you are in Georgia. I am English but even I know about Southern Belles!

Good luck!

EB

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EternalBachelor
I am no DJ but i read it and will give my 2 cents.

It sounds like she has a high interest level still but has a lot of angst at the moment, stuff that will continue to interfere with your relationship until she sorts it out. It is admirable of you to empathise with her and understand her point of view, but hot and interested as she is, it sounds like you would do better to date other more stable girls until she sorts out these problems and matures a bit, by which time I am sure you could seduce her once again.

Hell, you are in Georgia. I am English but even I know about Southern Belles!

Good luck!

EB
Yeah, that is basically my line of thinking. And about Southern Belles...lol. That's like me thinking English chicks are like Elizabeth Hurley =). But I am really making efforts at getting other chicks, basically doing a boot-camp type thing.

Thanks for the replies. Keep 'em comin if ya got anything to add. -E-Z