"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Just Turn it Off

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
235
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Every waking moment of our lives we are constantly thinking about what to do next, about how to please everyone around us. In essence, we are a society made up of people running around with our insecurities, trying to win the acceptance of each other to feed our egos. Is there nothing more to live for?

We naturally need social acceptance. But to base the majority of our energy on it is crazy. So I want to share an idea that I bet few of you have ever tried. Just let go.

Turn off your brain completely. Stop trying to impress anyone, period. Just for five minutes, to see how it feels. To do this right, you can't be afraid of anything. Be prepared to completely **** up everyone's image of you. In fact, this is what you are trying to do- to introduce the new, independent you to the world, the guy who everyone looks up to.

I am offering you a chance to be the man you always wanted to be, just for five minutes. Go up to some people you know, and whose opinions you used to care about, and say something you would never say before. Or talk to a group of girls 3 years older than you that you've never met. If you get a bad reaction, ignore it. You take orders from no one but yourself now.

If performed correctly, this will scare you ****less. The fear will come like a tidal wave, and you will blast through it.

And when it's all over, your heart will be racing. You will not believe you just did that. But you'll look back and realize.. it wasn't so bad after all. You may even enjoy it. You may even want to experience the thrill again. And again, and again, until finally you're living without your foolish old insecurities. And everyone will want to be like you, and be around you, because of your passion for having fun.

Or, if you don't like it, you can always go back to your old AFC ways. But keep in mind that your problem with girls, your problem with life, begins in your mind.

P.S.
Keep in mind that a true Don Juan does use his brain, but is unconcerned with what others think about his decisions. This is just a drill in freeing your mind.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
A very nice post... especially from a 14 year old.
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Good Idea....I like it.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
It's true :cool:
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Hmm... I just am crazy enough to give this a go... I will let you know what happens.

Now... if I lose all of my friends, I will hunt you down and maim your family pets... ;)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
A great way to force people in to action, good post :)
 
Top