Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just took a hair follicle drug test...huge job! please help? give advice?

obsurd

Reaction score
guys, im sorry to bore you with my problems, but im sorry i have nowhere else to go other then an internet message board.

I just accepted my dream job/career so i had to take a drug test. Did a hair follicle test last night...I took one single puff of marijuana (not even enough to get high or even feel it) about 2 months or so ago...they took about an inch of my hair last night...i never ever smoke weed at all but i am around it 2nd hand wise...any advice or experience with this???

Thank you!!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are so going to pass. if you only took ONE puff, even if it does register, it's going to be below the cutoff level.

If I go do one line of coke, just one line, there is a good chance that I can piss tomorrow and pass... but if I could do one line, then lol, it wouldnt' be cocaine now would it?

obsurd

Reaction score
^^^backbreaker, thanks for the quick response. I've gone on many websites, and i continuously hear that im screwed. Honestly, i can't even remember if i inhaled or not, if i did, it wasn't much at ALL and i definitely didnt' feel it. have you had prior experience with the hair test?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think with hair follicle tests they are mainly looking for cocaine, heroin and meth.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think when they want to know about pot, they make you pee in the cup.

obsurd

Reaction score
^thats what i thought, but i posted this same topic on another message board, and they are writing back things like "better find a new job" and stuff like that. i mean i dont' even smoke ever! i made one mistake of taking to my lips and now im paying for it cuz im pretty sad over here. Anyways, thanks for help!

fresh_to_death

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha dude, they are looking for everything. WTF did you take one puff for? LOL

You should be good to go, but there is always that chance.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're fine. Most hair test are just for 3 months. One session about 2 months ago (so long as it wasn't a blunt) won't register more then a .001 nanograms of delta nine tetra hycanibol. I've taken more hair test then anyone on this site believe me.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If weed shows up just tell them you were on holiday in Amsterdam a while ago.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as i know hair follicle test can trace it back 6 months, but thats with regular marijuana use(regularly getting toasted several times a week).

I would guess one puff would be out of your system within one month, i really wouldnt worry about it.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
From what I know, hair follicle tests pick up alot more history than piss tests. They can tell you for alot longer period and quantity. However if its that minute, you can probably explain your way around it.

If not, then who cares, it wasn't meant to be. Don't spend your valuable energy worrying about something you have no control over. You can't control their reaction to the test results. Focus your energy on positive things in your life.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Levex said:
As far as i know hair follicle test can trace it back 6 months, but thats with regular marijuana use(regularly getting toasted several times a week).
MacAvoy said:
From what I know, hair follicle tests pick up alot more history than piss tests. They can tell you for alot longer period and quantity. However if its that minute, you can probably explain your way around it.
Okay let me clear the air on this one once and for all by explaining exactly how a hair folicule test works.

When drugs are consumed chemicals are imediately released into the blood stream. Your hair and fingernails are two body parts that are both relatively durable and more importantly, constantly growing. The chemicals in your blood are pumped into your hair and fingernails leaving their specific chemical signature in them. After your body has filtered the chemicals out, clean blood resumes flowing to the parts and the chemical mark stops there. Think about what happens to trees in seasons or the strata of the earths crust to date time periods.

Here comes the rationale portion of this. Firstly there are only TWO unbeatable forms of drug test. One is a spinal tap which can show your entire drug history since birth since spinal fluid never replenishish itself. The other is the fingernail test. Unfortunately getting chemical testing done for fingernails is VERY expensive. Few people short of the government are willing to foot the bill for fingernail testing in addition to any other screening process done by most employment centers.

Hair folicule test are virtually unbeatble. There are a few ways to do it however depending on the method used by the medical company to read the signatures, you could out yourself alot of money for nothing. The best way to beat it is to suck it up and stay clean.

Legaly in every state however you can only drug test back three months. Is it possible to test back further? Yes, but only if the hair being tested permits. Remember folicule only pumps in the chemical signatures if the blood is present. It is not like fat cells where the chemical is stored and over time progressively secreted (like a urine test). Your hair only grows about .5 inches a month. Testing for three months is reasonable since a 1.5 inch sample is easy to crop and amost everyone has the 2-500 strands necessary to complete the test accurately. Six, eight, ten months a year two years and beyond is all possible if and only if the subject has hair that can date back that far...so cut you're hair you d@mned hippies! You'll never get a job with those dreads!!

Last edited:

alexny111

Banned
Reaction score
Agree with @backbreaker.
Hair follicles carry THC traces for up to 90 days usually. You should be safe with that one small puff since each company has own "pass level" for these tests and it's not zero
Good luck!