Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just starting out, need some advice.

Igota

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been lurking on this board for a few months now, with the intent to learn as much as I can before my moving to a new location at the start of summer (more detail later), but I have decided to do something about myself now with limited resources rather then wait till summer when my options open up.
In my current situation I have no access to a gym, but I do have a set of weights consisting of more plates then I can use, two one-hand dumbbells, and an ez-curl bar.
At the start of summer I will be relocating to a new town and will be moving in with a roommate that is an avid gym user and who will be my training partner. I realized a few days ago that I am very out of shape (came to the full realization ‘cause I started to try and work out) and need to bring up my endurance to a point where I can last through his workouts (obviously I don’t expect to do as much weight, but I would like to be able to keep up).

My diet needs work but with the living arrangements I am in I do not have the option of changing it, so I try to stay as close as I can to my minimum caloric requirements and keep up with the nutritional needs (I don’t eat any fast food, microwave ****, or any of that stuff, but my diet is also nowhere near where I would like it to be.
I am 22 years old, 6’6” tall, 230lbs, I don’t know my body fat but when I look in the mirror it is not good. Not that I am fat by any means, but I am not happy with the extra fat on my torso or with my physique in general.

My main problem is that I have no endurance. I can only do about 5 pushups, and my arms are quivering the whole time. 25 crunches and I cry like a baby; when I go for a jog I top out at under a mile and that is at a leisurely pace, up it to 80% of my max and I am lucky to make it 100 yards. Basically I need input from you guys on how to best prepare myself in the next three months for a heavy training program, and at that point I will revamp my diet to include everything Diesel has laid out in his bulking/cutting thread as well as his responses to Lonelyboy and the like. I took Diesel’s advice and bought Arnold Schwarzenegger’s New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, so that, with the information on www.exrx.net and the posts here, have given me a very good understanding of the basics for nutrition, the importance of proper form, and all that kind of thing.

I am also wondering would supplements be a worthwhile investment at this time? When I redo my diet I will certainly use the ones that are laid out in the bulking/cutting up threads, but I am curious as to the benefit they have one a regular diet and I guess mostly cardio type workouts. What about Xenadrine RFA-1? Is exercise the key component of making that stuff work right? Or is diet more of a factor?

I really want to get rid of my tummy and, pardon the expression, *****-tits. I guess in order to do that I need to drop my bodyfat percentage a lot, but I don’t know the best way to do that since I don’t have access to a full featured gym. I don’t need to be perfectly flat or anything, but if I could just flatten out the chest a bit that would be nice.

Any info you all could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for the help.

Igota

Reaction score
*bump* Come on people :)

I know I asked a lot in my post, but you don't have to answer all of it at once, if you have feedback on any part of it I would be happy to hear it.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Igota
*bump* Come on people :)

I know I asked a lot in my post, but you don't have to answer all of it at once, if you have feedback on any part of it I would be happy to hear it.
Nobody is responding because we all know you didn't do any search on anything. Look up and you see that button that said "Search"? Click on it and type in whatever you're looking for.