Just let go of a girl

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys:

Just let go of a girl. I was looking to settle down(marriage) by end of next year and she didn't want to settle down till summer 2009, with engagement for summer 2008 at the earliest.

I thought it was too much of a risk and too many things could go wrong. I am 28 and she is 22, and she would finish college next april. So that could make sense. However, she wants to go back to school in fall 08 and wouldnt graduate before summer 09. So it all kinda checks out. Also, she's long distance.

So, what do you guys think?

Regards.

Craig_87

Don Juan
Reaction score
i wudnt recommend settlin down until theyve got a job nd things......mate of mine planned doin it here in uni......really didnt work

hbxdoode

Banned
Reaction score
you dropped her because she didnt want to settle down? that's your bad, you cant force people into things, if she's not ready shes not ready... if that's the only reason why, then i think you made a mistake. she's only 22 years old man! let her live life a little, why are you trying to tie her down, are you that insecure? calm down with the marriage stuff when you meet a girl, you dont want to scare them away.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
Guys:

Just let go of a girl. I was looking to settle down(marriage) by end of next year and she didn't want to settle down till summer 2009, with engagement for summer 2008 at the earliest.

I thought it was too much of a risk and too many things could go wrong. I am 28 and she is 22, and she would finish college next april. So that could make sense. However, she wants to go back to school in fall 08 and wouldnt graduate before summer 09. So it all kinda checks out. Also, she's long distance.

Regards.
So, you wanted to settle down at the end of 2008 and she wanted to settle down 6 months later... so things couldn't work?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you that uneducated? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense and a piece of paper that says you're married doesn't change your life.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
Guys:

Regards.
Sounds like your plan is more important than the person, no biggie. If that's the case, how did you wind up involved in a LDR?

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dont settle down with somebody that obviously has other priorities in her life...

thats just bad things waiting to happen...

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, and she wants me to move to her city as well, which i was ok to do...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
oh, and she wants me to move to her city as well, which i was ok to do...
So what's the risk that you're concerned about?

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
the risk is that i would spend two years of my life and have to start from scratch again. the culture of which i am part of does not look favorably on guys not married by 30 and i want to marry within my culture

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
the risk is that i would spend two years of my life and have to start from scratch again. the culture of which i am part of does not look favorably on guys not married by 30 and i want to marry within my culture
Ohhhh..... Then why didn't you say so. So your objective is more important than with who, again no big deal. Definitely restart your search and focus on women who's goal is similar, more than likely someone closer to your age. Understand that they may want to start a family in the not too distant future.

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

i am thinking about getting back with this girl that i just let go off.. not worth it? how do i do it?

thanks,

Atldude

Ostepop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
WHAT???!?!?!?!?

Your talking about marriage here. Supposedly the girl your going to see every day for the rest of your life, and your concern is keeping some imaginary timeline?

You should be concerned about finding the RIGHT girl, not any random girl who fits your time scheudle.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her rejecting your offer was the best thing she could have done for you! you just dodged a bullet. She is freaking 22! she probably still wants to experience life and fvck other men and do dumb sh1t like a typical North American woman. Not only that you were going to leave everything behind for her! so she was going to drag you to another city so she can live her life but what about yours?? Its a sad state of affairs.

Man this has all the making of a disaster! once again i will say this, you dodged a bullet!! Sorry to tell you but you have all the classic conditions of a typical AFC who would have been devoured by the beast of modern day marriage and later be flunged out from this monster orifice like a piece of sh1t and you will never be the same. Be a DJ first and then when your perspectives change about life and women and you still want to get married then you know you are truly ready.

The cure is the DJ Bible, read it, refrence it and apply it to your life.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atldude said:
i am thinking about getting back with this girl that i just let go off.. not worth it? how do i do it?

thanks,

Atldude
Whyyyyyy?????? :confused: