"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Just how powerful is jealousy?

Cassidy

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
I'm conducting a little experiment, but I'm a bit impatient, having to wait until later this week to find out the results. So I'm here wondering if any of my fellow DJ-people can predict the results of my experiment...

Alright, the background information. This girl, whom I know likes me (after having been informed of this by her behaviour and both reliable and unreliable sources) came out with me and a couple of my friends last week.

My band of friends consisted of my best friend, my lovely female workmate and a couple of my female friends from college.

Now, the issue is that my workmate and I get on like a house on fire, so we're always flirting with each other and the like, so whenever the girl who likes me decided she was going to shower me with attention and suddenly withdraw it, I went to talk to my workmate.

I could see this got the girl who likes me a slight bit unsettled, but it'll be a while before I see her to see how she'll treat me.

The question is, how do you guys think she'll behave towards me next time I see her?

I'll update you all when I find out for myself.

I bid you farewell. Shiver me timbers.

---Cassidy
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
Jealousy only works if the girl is interested in you to begin with. People don't get jealous over things they don't want.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Your games may be blowing chances with this girl! How do u know this is jealousy? Is that your mission? What is your goal?
You know she likes you, so ask her out already and quit playing girly games
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
Originally posted by Dust 2 Dust
Jealousy only works if the girl is interested in you to begin with. People don't get jealous over things they don't want.
At the same time, people often mistake jealousy for interest or love for the other. Don't be a fool. Jealousy is, and always has been, about yourself-YOUR fears and YOUR insecurities. Nothing else.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Originally posted by jbbrain
At the same time, people often mistake jealousy for interest or love for the other. Don't be a fool. Jealousy is, and always has been, about yourself-YOUR fears and YOUR insecurities. Nothing else.
I concur. You may THINK a girl acting jealous over another girl is a show of interest.. THINK NOT.. go watch "Elimidate" most of the girls are just to "win" they don't really give a shat about the guy. I like to be with a girl that is confident just like how they want guys that are confident. Jealousy is not attractive and should not be a guage/tool to control a relationship.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
unfortunately i must add a sad truth to this healthy mix of "jealousy is not the way" insight.

the truth is, there are so many out there who don't and won't realize how much they like you, until it hits them over the head- ususally in the form of jealousy.

kind of a version of "don't know what you got til its gone". but more like, don't know what you want until faced with the fear of it being taken away.

hmmmm?
 

deeman

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
LI, NY
Iqqi, that is almost exactly what I wanted to say.
 
Top