Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

just got this text from ex..opinions pls

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She texted me " I love you my friend. Just wanted to let you know"......thoughts? I think she is trying to draw me in as am orbiter.
What do you guys think?

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
typical manipulative attempt from a beech, good that you know better.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She texted me " I love you my friend. Just wanted to let you know"......thoughts? I think she is trying to draw me in as am orbiter.
What do you guys think?
Nothing good will come from this.
Any time an ex texts out of the blue, they have an agenda. She wants you to stroke her ego, validate her, or her recent bf just kicked her to the curb and in your mind your are quick revenge f_ck to get back at him. Don't give her the satisfaction

Reply with " thanks. "

Then return to ignoring her and dating other women.

B

BlueAlpha1

@El Payaso is spot on. Take a hot bath with some epsom salt and a candle, make a strong drink and soak in the knowledge she's sitting by the phone waiting for a response she won't get.

How long was the NC leading up? Is this is a common thing with her?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@El Payaso is spot on. Take a hot bath with some epsom salt and a candle, make a strong drink and soak in the knowledge she's sitting by the phone waiting for a response she won't get.

How long was the NC leading up? Is this is a common thing with her?
She sent me a text asking if I hated her a few months ago. There is a thread on this on the board about this. I asked her why she would ask this and she said she was in a weird mood when she sent it. Turns out she had an operation and has been bedridden for three weeks. So I thought she was bored and wanted attention. I texted back once or twice and let it drop.

I don't contact her. She will send me a text every few months. I don't plan on replying to this recent text. She has severe mental issues dealing with anxiety and an overbearing, hateful mother. Not my problem. She can find someone else to comfort her. Her mother is a psychopath and has screwed her up mentally. Again not my problem. Anything else you want to know just ask.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sent me a text asking if I hated her a few months ago. There is a thread on this on the board about this. I asked her why she would ask this and she said she was in a weird mood when she sent it. Turns out she had an operation and has been bedridden for three weeks. So I thought she was bored and wanted attention. I texted back once or twice and let it drop.

I don't contact her. She will send me a text every few months. I don't plan on replying to this recent text. She has severe mental issues dealing with anxiety and an overbearing, hateful mother. Not my problem. She can find someone else to comfort her. Her mother is a psychopath and has screwed her up mentally. Again not my problem. Anything else you want to know just ask.
I was going to say, she's definitely fishing but after you mentioned the above, NC is the way to go, if only so that maybe she will sit back and think about how she treats men and contemplet if there is some way she can improve on that.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do better than this. Anything less than real interest and excitement to be with you isn't worth your time.
She isn't worth my time at all. She is long distance. She lives roughly an hour and a half away. She is a vet and her mother is too. The mother has a vet clinic roughly a half hour from me. One day I expect she will contact me and say she is taking over her mother's practice and how about we try us again....My answer will be no ty.

I'm glad she dumped me. It has allowed me to analyze my life and improve myself. This year alone I have screwed over 50 women. I really dont know the number, only that I have not wanted for sex. My mental state has improved quite a bit too.

I find it interesting that she still contacts me. What? I thought you could find better......

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
"I love you my friend" = "I love you (as a) friend".

That said, her writing the words "I love you" and initiating aren't bad.

Go no contact and see if you can raise her interest level to "I love you (period)".

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to ignore her and wait. I bet I get a text on Christmas day.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All these ideas to come up with witty one-liner responses won't work - what are you expecting to gain from these? It just shows that you're hurt imo.

I'd go with the NC. Let her go and hopefully she'll realise the mistake she made in parting with you..

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All these ideas to come up with witty one-liner responses won't work - what are you expecting to gain from these? It just shows that you're hurt imo.

I'd go with the NC. Let her go and hopefully she'll realise the mistake she made in parting with you..
Nope I'm not hurt. I'm just trying to learn. That is why I asked for insight from other posters on this issue. No one knows it all. That is one reason this board exists. To give opinions on issues that we are facing each day.

I'm not going to reply and I really dont care if she thinks breaking up with me was a mistake. I think it was for the best.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my post.

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she has mental health issues its not worth it, ignore her and move on with your life, you rekindle something and it goes sideways you could be in for more problems.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope I'm not hurt. I'm just trying to learn. That is why I asked for insight from other posters on this issue. No one knows it all. That is one reason this board exists. To give opinions on issues that we are facing each day.
I wasn't implying you were hurt, I was implying that if one were to try to send a witty one-liner, it would imply they were hurt :).

Think about it this way: If you had 20 other stunning women trying to date you, would you really bother to invest any energy in replying to an ex? Probably not..

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The key word here is "friend". She's not going to make it easy for you, she like you said wants to lure you in for attention manipulation. Just reply back "thanks" or nothing at all. That's what I would do.