"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Just Got Stood Up

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
So I asked this girl that I've gone out with once a couple of weeks ago and that I've talked to a couple of times out for Saturday. She can't so she says but I want to see you on Thursday. Well no call, nobody home. Worst experience I've had in a couple of years. You can be flakey, but no call is downright disrespectful.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
Originally posted by Disco
Worst experience I've had in a couple of years.
Dare I say grow the fvck up and welcome to the real world??This chick doesnt owe you anything and definitely does NOT need to abide by any code of ethics you deem appropriate. Next her ass, or phone her up in a week, and don't be so bothered by something so trivial..

Toughen yourself up boy, something tells me life is going to throw you way more curveballs than you would like.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Women do this all the time, no big deal. Don't initiate contact! Did she seem very excited on the phone or was she hum drum - maybe she had a date with another dude on saturday and you are now 'second fiddle'.

A girl that doesn't call is telling you to move on, so move on!
 

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
Anybody else think that jbbrain need to grow a brain.

Disco, don't (try to) set up any more weekend dates. The chick will let you know when she has free'd-up her calendar for you. Setting up weekend dates usually results in 50 times more flakes than just sticking with weekday dates until she lets you know she wants scrabbled eggs on Sunday morning.
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
justdoit,

hopping on player supremes bandwagon much? Relax dog. I wasn't flaming his post so much as I was criticizing the fact that this was his supposed "worst experience in years"..so what? I told the kid to grow some fvcking balls, and thats that. I knew others like you would spit game on how to actually help him "remedy" the situation, but to tell you the truth, I think this guy needs a reality check first.

booya booyaka

ps-nice 'diss' though :p
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
This board has gone to total sh1t lately.

Because the advice has gone to total sh1t lately.

Guys need to be advised on how to do things right, not told that they are total sh1t.

And I will continue to call people on their sh1t when faced with total sh1t.
 

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by jbbrain
justdoit,

hopping on player supremes bandwagon much? Relax dog. I wasn't flaming his post so much as I was criticizing the fact that this was his supposed "worst experience in years"..so what? I told the kid to grow some fvcking balls, and thats that. I knew others like you would spit game on how to actually help him "remedy" the situation, but to tell you the truth, I think this guy needs a reality check first.

booya booyaka

ps-nice 'diss' though :p
Ok, good you explained, jb, because I was thinking "what an a--hole" when I first read your response but maybe he was over-reacting a bit about the worst experience line.
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
Originally posted by JustDoItAlways
This board has gone to total sh1t lately.

Because the advice has gone to total sh1t lately.

Guys need to be advised on how to do things right, not told that they are total sh1t.

And I will continue to call people on their sh1t when faced with total sh1t.
Granted. But in the end, what's the best advice he can really use? Sure, you can tell him what he needs to do now, or how to act in the future, but something like his case I would think has been properly discussed in previous posts. And Im not a bible thumper either. I'm not telling the dude "Read the bible!". HOWEVER, do we want to help cure him or just get rid of the symptoms? What I DO think he should do is either a) check out the search button feature before he posts something like this OR b)realize what is INDEED the most importrant lesson in all of this, which is proper objective detachment from any situation similar to this one. I don't know if was just exaggerating or what not, but come on dude, the kid needs to learn not to CARE SO MUCH over a trivial thing like a chick not calling back.

In the end justdoit, I think you give good advice. Youve helped me out before for sure, but I would have to say, IMO, I "one upped" you on this one in terms of advice given..:D
 

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by jbbrain
IMO, I "one upped" you on this one in terms of advice given..:D
But I just said your opinion is sh1t.

So, "IMO, I "one upped" you" is therefore double-sh1t.
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
great!

Whats with your affinity with shyt anyways?


how about:

Justdoit:

Your opinions and advice on Sosuave are awful and inconsequential.

Good? That way, you don't give me any ammo to use against you in the future. I would never want to think again that justdoit, in reality, is really not human, but rather a nasty squealing pig who eats nutty 'logs' like it was his last meal on earth.

hey there..im just kidding with you!:D
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Please stop the flame-wars... This forum is about don juanism not c0ckfencing..

It is actually a good advice to not setup dates on the weekend, atleast for the less experienced or those that don't have mad-attraction.

I can understand this "flaking" being a really bad experience for him, especially if he is insecure with women, but he(Yes you) should realize that there is nothing to worry about.

Just call her or whatever in a couple of days and play her flakeyness off as lame and tell her she has to make up for her strange behavior... You need to learn to become detached, you shouldn't care if a girl flakes on you.

General rule of thumb... If a girl flakes on you, you should have someone else to call and get with that evenin ;)
 

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
I agree with everyone who says he shouldn't have set up a weekend date, especially on VALENTINES DAY! Trust me it's way easier to get them Mon-Thurs. especially for the first date. I hate to say it Disco but you set yourself up for faliure.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
So she counter-offered Thursday, but you didn't set up a date and instead waited for HER to call YOU on the day OF?

And you expect her to be waiting around to hear from you?

Also, if this is the worst experience of your life, you've led a priveleged one. :)

Next time if she counter offers Thursday, and that's OK with you, set a time and place. If you do THAT and she doesn't show, then drop her like a bad habit, cuz she's not worth your time.

As for this...I wouldn't know what you should do now. You can try again if you're still interested and feel lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's already looking for someone else.
 

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
355
Reaction score
2
Location
Boston, MA
I recently learned the hard way, when a girl's IL is low to moderate, then never ask her out on the weekends. Just stick the the weekdays. During a conversation, if she mentions a particular day as a possibility, move in for the close by offering place and time.

If she stood you up, don't even bring it up. Just wait a week or two before calling her again and ask her out for a weekday date. Then just concentrate on having fun with her. Don't let the blowoff get into your head.

In the meantime, do all you can to collect more phone numbers and date more girls to keep the obsession of 1-itis away, to prevent you from doing anything desperate or stupid.

With girls with low to moderate IL, they will act flakey, don't let that crap get into your head. Don't take it personally, you are not obligated to eachother, so you don't have the right to do that.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top