Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just got in another accident....

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is the second time this year. i was making a u turn at the stoplight and i saw that my tire was about to hit the curb (i was driving a big truck) so i put my car in reverse and backed up....the i feel this bump. i hit the car behind me that was also making a u turn....im thinking its my fault cuz i put my car in reverse...but im thinknig...why didnt this guy wait till i was through...he must have sawthat i didnt fully make my turn yet. anyways...had to exchange info...called my dad to come out , he agreed to put it in as my dad was driving cuz if it was under my dad my license would be suspended for a long time and the insurance would be too much for me to handle....

so then we get home and i get this long lecture about how i keep fvcking up....

my parents were all telling me how hard they work and stuff like that and im spoiling myself buying all this stuff and putting myself in debt. eating out all the time and still asking them for money while i still have a job but not enough to where i still gotta ask them for money....

i realized that i am very unorganised and i need to get my sh!t together....please help with advice.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Control your desires just for the sake of resisting them.

I'm a 16 year old and I probably know how to manage money better than you. You know what I ask for for Christmas and my birthday? Nothing. I spend time with my family and that's enough (+ food). Otherwise, I don't get the fancy XBOXes or PS2s as other kids.

Before you buy anything think to yourself: Is this really necessary? Can I live without it? Then put that equivalent amount in a bank account everytime you resist. You will be rich before you know it.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just turned 22...i know its pathetic. i need to grow up. its just i think the way i was raised. hanging around some unorganized...dumb friends.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*bump.... you guys know whos fault it was?? i mean wasnt he suppose to wait for my big ass truck to make a complete turn? i know i put in the reverse cuz i had to make a 3 point turn but wasnt that guy suppose to wait?? could it be both our faults since i put my car in reverse to make that turn but he didnt wait till i finished? i mean the guy did seem nervous but got all happy when i told him to put it on my dads name...but i never straight out said it was my fault...

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its totally your fault. You were going in reverse and hit him... to quote you, "i hit the car behind me."

Suck it up and learn to drive.

If I was the one that you hit, YOU would be the driver. If you tried to pay me off or whatever, I'd be sure to include that in the police report. Take responsibility for your actions. If you can't drive, stay of the focking road.

Attempting to shift blame when you're clearly at fault is childish.

i mean the guy did seem nervous
nervousness does not equal guilt.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only real way you could argue it was not your fault was if you took a while to actually go into reverse after you shifted into reverse. I.e. if you were making your u-turn, realized you needed to back up, put your truck into reverese, waited a few seconds to make sure everyone behind you knew you were backing up, then actually started going backward then maybe you could make a case that wasn't entirely your fault. But you would also need to consider as well how many cars were behind you before you made the turn as well. Although that arguement would be a long shot IMO.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastelandWarrior
Its totally your fault. You were going in reverse and hit him... to quote you, "i hit the car behind me."

Suck it up and learn to drive.

If I was the one that you hit, YOU would be the driver. If you tried to pay me off or whatever, I'd be sure to include that in the police report. Take responsibility for your actions. If you can't drive, stay of the focking road.

Attempting to shift blame when you're clearly at fault is childish.

nervousness does not equal guilt.
man youre an a$shole.....stfu.

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, i'm a total d!ck... but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. If it did, certainly you could have shot down at least something I said.

When someone starts to insult someone else, its usually because they can't win the argument with logic, reasoning or common sense. You prove that point perfectly.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy who whined about how he can't control his spending habits? :rolleyes:

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, i'm a total d!ck... but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. If it did, certainly you could have shot down at least something I said.

When someone starts to insult someone else, its usually because they can't win the argument with logic, reasoning or common sense. You prove that point perfectly.
Right, i called you an a$shole...but that doesnt mean its because i cant win an argument with logic...what i should have donmt was call you an a$shole first, then shot you down with this...

man you can deal away from the insurance if you want...nothing wrong with that!! and as far is shifting blame?? how the fvck was i doing that?? i wasnt sure if it was totally my fault thats all....cuz sometimes in accidents it could be both peoples faults. b1tch.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ken785
Right, i called you an a$shole...but that doesnt mean its because i cant win an argument with logic...what i should have donmt was call you an a$shole first, then shot you down with this...

man you can deal away from the insurance if you want...nothing wrong with that!! and as far is shifting blame?? how the fvck was i doing that?? i wasnt sure if it was totally my fault thats all....cuz sometimes in accidents it could be both peoples faults. b1tch.
....and ill use my 200th post to call you b1tch again!!

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
But in your case, you said you backed into him. How would that be his fault?

Why would you have your dad make the claim if it was the other driver's fault?

And please stop with the insults, it only proves my "childish" comment.

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
....and ill use my 200th post to call you b1tch again!!
As long as you don't use it to contradict anything I said.... lol....

realized that i am very unorganised and i need to get my sh!t together....please help with advice.
Do something about it. Don't talk about it... DO IT! Walk it, don't talk it.

Be a man. Mommy and daddy aren't always going to be around to bail you out when you screw up.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you don't use it to contradict anything I said.... lol....

Do something about it. Don't talk about it... DO IT! Walk it, don't talk it.

Be a man. Mommy and daddy aren't always going to be around to bail you out when you screw up.
hey man...i apoligize for what i said. it is childish. your right.

ohiofutballa

Don Juan
Reaction score
this comes from a guy who just totaled his car and goes to court in a week for a DUI. But it sounds like its your fault...but that was a dumb move

You were in a "big ass" truck and you were afraid of running over a curb??:confused:?? run that b!tch over

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ohiofutballa
this comes from a guy who just totaled his car and goes to court in a week for a DUI. But it sounds like its your fault...but that was a dumb move

You were in a "big ass" truck and you were afraid of running over a curb??:confused:?? run that b!tch over
i know that was a dumb move....thinking back i could have made it!!! dammit!!! and u turns are legal at the green light at the intersection but not always.

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man...i apoligize for what i said
No problem, man.
i know that was a dumb move....thinking back i could have made it!!!
Hopefully you've learned from your mistake. Better to have a curbed wheel than a claim on your insurance.

You can fix a curbed wheel, btw. Just as long as you don't bend the rim. Dismount the tire and use ultra-fine sandpaper then buff until it looks nice.
I know that from experience. Brand new wheel (less than 4 days old), nipped the curb making a right turn. My stomach just dropped.
and u turns are legal at the green light at the intersection but not always.
There are a few intersections around here that the far left lane is specifically for U-turns.
Rt 64 & Gary in Carol Stream, IL comes to mind.