"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

just ask.. it really is that easy.. although every silver lining has a cloud...

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
371
Reaction score
0
Location
England
wow, managed a succcesful nember close last night,

and unless I've forgotten something I think it actually is the first time I've got a number off someone who I've only met the same evening, so that makes it the first proper # close I've done... something of a mini milestone

basically I was sat in a bar with one of my mates we'd been drinking for a few hours and had pretty much run out of conversation with each other, then this chick that had been standing next to our table introduced herself, I asked her to take a seat on the stool next to me we got chatting, it turned out she lived a couple streets away from me, but she was new to the area and wanted tips on where to go later and stuff. anyway we were getting on well, and while we were talking I just thought to myself "you gotta get this girls number, no f*cking excuses this time, just do it" but during the conversation I discovered she was leaving london to go travelling for a few months in 2 weeks time, but I still, thought to myself "no excuses remember! Get her number!!!" So when she got up....


her: "I'd better get back to my friends, we'll be leaving soon"
me: "Hey, wait a minute. What's your number?"
her: "But I'll be leaving in 2 weeks, what do you want my number for?"
me: "Well, thats plenty of time for us to go for a drink or something together"
her: "You really want to take me out for a drink??"
me: "Why not? There's f*ck all on TV in the evenings nowadays anyway." (I hand her my phone to put her num in) "Put your number in there"
her: "Yeah I don't do much in the evenings, except go to the gym now and then"
This starts a short conversation about the gyms we go to, then we swap numbers, she checks I spell her name right when I type it into the phone book, and after I've given her my number she asks me what group I'd like to be under, I say I'll leave it to her discretion, and she says she's putting me under "friends".. Then we give each other a peck on the cheek and she says it was nice meeting me and maybe she'll see me before she leaves, I reply "maybe you will"

So that was that, to be fair she didn't seem overly keen, and seeing as she was leaving I'm not sure if she'll be up for going out at all, but I may as well give it a try.. Haven't called her yet, will probably try on tuesday to ask her out for wed or thu, not sure whether to try an SMS first or just go straight for the phone call.. probably just a phone call, I prefer it..

Still thats not the main thing, the main thing is I'm learning that asking for numbers isn't that hard or embarrassing or anything, so hopefully I should get some more soon..
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
360
Reaction score
3
Location
Durham, NC
Still thats not the main thing, the main thing is I'm learning that asking for numbers isn't that hard or embarrassing or anything, so hopefully I should get some more soon..
Good for you man, Cheers :D
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Number closing is the biggest milestone for so many guys, but it's so easy to do.
 

fezz

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I must say that I still havent done a succesful number close in one night. I usually go on a weekend trip and get the girl's number at the end of the weekend. Or if I'm at school, I usually talk to a girl for a couple days before I go for the number and date (I got a date saturday, hehehee) But ya, congrats man. I haven't done the number close the first time I meet a girl yet, and Im gonna post when I do it. It's spring break, so I should have some good chances.
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Nice job MrNiceGuy. Here's to many more # closes for you! :D
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
Loved this exchange!

Great line here:

her: "You really want to take me out for a drink??"
me: "Why not? There's f*ck all on TV in the evenings nowadays anyway."

Anytime someone can get a shot in at TV, I'm all for it. Cutting my cable after the Final Four (back up for college football season only).

Good job Nice Guy!
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Good work buddy, it can be hard to pull the trigger when you build it up so much in your mind...
 

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
371
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Re: Loved this exchange!

Originally posted by WestCoaster
Great line here:

her: "You really want to take me out for a drink??"
me: "Why not? There's f*ck all on TV in the evenings nowadays anyway."
Cheers guys,

I dunno what happened really, after I asked her what her number was it just felt like I went on autopilot after that, somehow I kept my cool and dealt with the hurdles without even thinking about it. I guess the fact that I saw pleasant surprise in her face, and not unpleasant surprise probably helped me out, success breeds confidence I guess..

It seemed perfectly natural to say "maybe you will" rather than the "I'll give you a call and we'll meet up next week, yeah??" that I'd have uttered this time last year
 

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
371
Reaction score
0
Location
England
ok, brief update..

gave her a call last night, and arranged to meet her for a drink tommorow night, :)

although she didn't sound particularly keen on the phone.. its probably just me being paranoid but the way she sounded it sounded like she wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible, even so she still agreed to meet me,so its probably fine, the other interesting thing is that she didn't know where the bar was that I suggested, so I said I'd text her some directions tommorow,

so today I did text her, making sure to put at the bottom 'I'll see you there at 8' and she texted back a couple of hours saying 'thanks for the directions see you tommorow'

the only thing I'm worrired about is that I've shot myself in the foot with the time/nature of the date...
the bar won't shut till 11.. so that means potentially theres 3 hours of talking/drinking to be done, I'm not sure I can talk to someone who I've only met once while drunk and talked to for 15 minutes for a whole 3 hours.. of course it could be that we get on like a house on fire, but if we don't or she's not the most conversant of people I could do with some way of leaving that isn't too embarrasing for either of us.. ah sod it, I've got plenty to talk about, I'm sure she has too, and at the end of the day I don't need to worry too much about f*cking it up seeing as she's leaving the country soon anyway
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
all you gotta do is ask her questions about herself. SO EZ!!!

Just an example

YOU:"so your moving in 2 weeks..arent you gonna miss this place?"

HER""ya, bla bla bla (MY friend Jessica) bla bla (my dad)
bla..........talking............(my dog)

she will leave little hints im sure about what she is open to talking about, just listen a bit. Now you just pick one of the subjects.

YOU:"Ya, that must hard for you friend Jessica, how do you think she is taking it?"

Her" bla bla bla bla blaa(more hints) bla bla balal

Oh btw you shouldnt have let her put your name in the phone under friends. I mean, she came out and asked you what you wanted to be put under and yet you still let her decide. Did you really think shes gonna put you under "boy toy"? You should have showed more balls than that. Now every time she sees your numer, its under the friend category. Your name associated with Friend, get my drift?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
371
Reaction score
0
Location
England
lesson, trust your instincts.. from the way she sounded on the phone I had a feeling this was going to happen

I got a text message this afternoon,

"Hi, im sorry 2 do this but have 2 cancel. somethings ccome up, im so busy getting organised b4 i leave uk. cheers jackii"

the vagueness and over apologeticness bears all the hallmarks of someone who just can't think of a decent excuse not to come out other than "I can't be bothered"
so I sent her back "no worries, enojy yourself and have a good trip, take care, tom"
I almost put in "give me a call if you fancy meeting up b4 you leave" but theres no point, better to take the hint rather than make her think I'm bothered. NEXT.

Would she have met up with me if she hadn't been leaving the country? maybe, I don't know, its kind of irrelevant,

the point is, I think, that my instincts are better than I give them credit for, the trouble is I only listen to them when they are saying something negative.. the amount of time I've seen a girl looking at me and I've felt my instincts say go over and talk to her, I've ignored them, even if it happens multiple times, so from now on, I'll pay attention to good instincts and pay the negative ones less attention..
Other fact is, I got rejected essentially, and I don't really care.. I barely knew this girl so I'm not bothered, therefore nothing to lose by trying again with someone else...

bring on the weekend!!
 

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
371
Reaction score
0
Location
England
ahh, some other thoughts, I was having..

What is the point of using all this psychology to try and convince a girl to do something she may not want to do..

you know, using requests rather than questions, eg. ('let me' rather than 'can I') essentially structuring conversations and date requests so that its hard to say no.. because ultimately if she doesn't want too, she'll cancel/say no eventually its just a question of when

I guess that way of doing things portrays more strength and confidence which is attractive, which is the advantage, ie. the reason is to raise IL rather than get a yes even though she's thinking no if you see what I mean..
 
Top