Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just a tad under 6 feet and feel like a giant in the Northeast

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in NJ. I am 5'11.5" flat footed and probably 6'1" with shoes on. It amazes me that 2/3 of the male population in this state (or the Northeast in general) is under 5'10". If you're over 5'10" in the Northeast as a man, you are tall! :) If I am in a room with 25 other males, I will still be taller than 20 of them. I am not patting myself on the back, just making an observation.

My guess is the large amount of Italian Americans, Hispanics and Asians are the reason why. I am 1/2 Italian myself, but got the height from the Irish-Polish side. I bet in the mid west and in the South, the amount of males over 5'10" is probably 2/3 due to the English, German, Irish and Scandinavian blood. Not sure about Slavs, some are tall and some aren't (South Slavs are tall) Germans are big people as I remember when I was in the country.

Anybody else notice this?

BTW, to all of you under 5'10" and hung up on not being "tall". It is highly overrated and just a slight advantage. I am sure me being tall has helped me get noticed, but it is NOT the end all be all like some men make it sound like it is. I see short and average height guys with hot women all the time.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lucky you. I am 5'10". In my area, women are fussy and consider below 6'0" to be dogshiit. This is more applicable to the swipe app environment than outside of swipe apps. At my height, I've felt women perceiving me as less desirable.

I perceive the 5'9"-5'11" range for men to be average. If you're in this range, you'll be ok but you'll probably not want to be in intensely competitive channels like swipe apps. Remember, Tinder is 76% male, Bumble is 65% male, and Hinge is 65% male. If you're playing in those sandboxes, you're already at a disadvantage. Also, some cities are more heavily male than others. In the United States, the major metro areas West of the Mississippi River have WAAAY more single men than single women in the 20s-30s age bracket.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 6'0" on the swipe apps and it has not made one bit of difference. If I had 5'10", I would be getting the same amount of hits (which isn't much)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was on swipe apps, I generated a decent amount of interest but had too many "one date, no sex, no second date" type dates. Height may have been a contributing factor to that.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was on swipe apps, I generated a decent amount of interest but had too many "one date, no sex, no second date" type dates. Height may have been a contributing factor to that.
At 5'10"?? I doubt that. Maybe if you were 5'8" and below

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men have had the same experience so it wasn’t just you. Every woman I met that claimed to be 5’7-5’8 I TOWERED over by a good 3” and I know I’m only 5’10. So either they were lying about their own height or something.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
With Asians,Indians and Arabs I'm taller but with Anglo Saxon Guys they all tend to be above 6'1. I'm only 5'9

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With Asians,Indians and Arabs I'm taller but with Anglo Saxon Guys they all tend to be above 6'1. I'm only 5'9
Theyre not above 6'1 lol, that's just confirmation bias.

Reactions: B80

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height statistics will be inaccurate for the most part. People always add an inch on average to their Height. I think that article mentions it. You're also half an inch to an inch taller in the mornings.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 ‘2 and in England. This isn’t massively tall.

about 5 years ago I bumped into a guy in a supermarket who was 6 foot 8. I almost jumped out of my skin - I am just not used to meeting other guys who I come up to the armpit of. Had a real flight or fight response for a second.

kind of explained why so many short dudes always wanted to fight/mess with me when young. I never realised how intimidating it is.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just played a concert in NJ last week and I noticed that I seemed exceptionally tall there. I’m about 5’11”.

Normally in NY and CT I find in some groups I’m one of the shorter ones, and in some I’m the tallest or second tallest. It varies seemingly randomly.

The bottom line is that lack of height is easily overcome by presence. Men pay way too much attention to height. Women will readily overlook height issues when dealing with an upper 5% man who makes them FEEL.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theyre not above 6'1 lol, that's just confirmation bias.
I'm in UK and whilst at 6 1 I'm not super tall, it's rare to see hordes of men or many at all really at same height or taller when out.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just played a concert in NJ last week and I noticed that I seemed exceptionally tall there. I’m about 5’11”.

Normally in NY and CT I find in some groups I’m one of the shorter ones, and in some I’m the tallest or second tallest. It varies seemingly randomly.

The bottom line is that lack of height is easily overcome by presence. Men pay way too much attention to height. Women will readily overlook height issues when dealing with an upper 5% man who makes them FEEL.
You are about my height and that's how I feel in NJ. Yes, height is overrated.

I went to an Italian festival over the weekend and even saw some Guido who was 5'4" with a decent looking chick at his side.