Jophil. Must read especially for Master DJ's.

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will miss Jophil's take on many a topic. His knowledge of women that were broken was probably the biggest reason I pulled myself from AFC. He greatly assisted my learning of what Cluster B was. Jophil had experienced the pain first hand of what it was like to be in a relationship with a broken woman. He shared that knowledge with me as well as all our SS Brethren.
For that I'm truly grateful, and wish him goodbye on his eternal journey.
KC

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
I received a letter yesterday from his woman which informed me that he passed away 5/21/11.
So who was this woman? Were they in a LTR? I don't recall jophil talking about her or being in a relationship...

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
So who was this woman? Were they in a LTR? I don't recall jophil talking about her or being in a relationship...
Yea, it was his girl. They had been together about 4 yrs as I recall. When she sent me the letter, it had his return address on it so I assume they were living together. She was pretty tore up to say the least.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
Yea, it was his girl. They had been together about 4 yrs as I recall.
I think when you read between the lines in some of posts, you could sort of figure out who she was.

One thing that impresses me about all this is that apparently when Jophil realized how ill he was, he didn't waste another minute posting here on this forum. I think there's a lesson for us there somewhere.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK brothers. There is some curiosity here so this is what she said:

Dear 5string
I'm pleased to tell you that your gift of the video and cigars for jophil arrived while he was in the hospital and he was pleased to receive it. Unfortunately, jophil passed away a few weeks later on 5/21/11. He had renal cancer 11 yrs ago and had a kidney removed but was given the "all clear". This year he was not his normal self and was experiencing unusual pain. It turns out the cancer had returned with secondaries in spine, lungs and lymph nodes. I expected him to be here a few months but he succumbed to pneumonia. jophil and I had only been together 4 yrs. I admired his wit and intelligence and passion for ball room dance. I miss him. I know he valued your friendship and regular email contact. I'm glad I had your address to be able to let you know what happened to him. Thank you again for your friendship.

Kind regards

jophils girl

I'll write her a nice note here in a day or so.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought he was the best poster here. As others have noted, Jophil was always a gentleman. He could make a persuasive point without crossing over the line and displaying anger. This is just my take, but I speculate that some of his spirituality may have had to do with having quit drinking years ago.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about jophil. Always liked his posts. Oh well, RIP my friend. Hope you're running Game on those cuties up there called Angels. ;)

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. :(

Jophil was a great poster here at Sosuave, whether or not we agreed on everything/anything.

I will take some time to go through his posts when I have a min, and post the gems I come across.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aw man, I'm all choked up right now.

Like others have said, Jophil helped me personally and was an inspiration.

He did love to dance, posted many times on that. Never mentioned cancer. Tough man, will be missed. This loss is a tough one. I'd would have liked to thank him one last time.

God bless you, Jophil. R.I.P. Dance in heaven now.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Iqqi,
"I will take some time to go through his posts when I have a min, and post the gems I come across.".....That would be really nice of you Iqqi.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Iqqi,
"I will take some time to go through his posts when I have a min, and post the gems I come across.".....That would be really nice of you Iqqi.
Post them! Heck, I'll say it. Anything from Jophil was bang on gold advise, from life, happiness, women, and song.

I doubt you'll find one post, from Jophil, that did not have a nugget of truth in it.

His posts were from the heart.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil is gone.

...but Jophil is NOT forgotten. And never will be by many people that he knew in "real life", no doubt. But what about most of us? What about those who only knew the man as a collection of words, thoughts, and opinions displayed across the various electronic devices through which we communicated?

What about us?

Well, though I never had the pleasure of meeting "General" Jophil in person, I still feel like I knew him "by heart", to some small degree. Over the years since I've been here, I've always looked up to the man as an example of "a MAN"------not just "a male". To me, the difference between the two is that a man forms, shapes, and fashions his life by a set of codes of ethics that are important to "him". A man doesn't always bow down and side with "crowds" whenever doing so would cause him to lose respect for who "he" is at his core.

I always saw Jophil as a man of character. A man who I seemed to find myself allied with MANY times during many a spirited debate on this very forum. You "vets" know what I'm talking about. There are many of us here who have different views on many things, but it is (was?) for our greater good that we occasionally had those debates.

I believe differences of opinion, and how we've chosen to incorporate alternative views into our lives are some of the important building blocks that we use to build ourselves into better men and women.

I bring this up because that's how I'll always remember Jophil-------as a "class act". An officer AND a gentlemen. In other words, Jophil was not only a fighter, but a "fair" fighter. He had some pretty strong opinions, and a definitive point of view about many things.

I've personally learned a lot from him "over the internet". But what I've learned MOST from Jophil is the ability to be authoratitive WITHOUT being antagonistic when expressing a desenting viewpoint. I think THIS is something that has left an impact on me, personally.

Though we only spoke occassionally through PM, Jophil and I seemed to share a "somewhat" similar point of view on the important things-------and that's why I've always thought of him as a kindred spirit.

Well, NOW...that "spirit" has been set free. For Jophil, this war down here is over. And I believe now he's at peace. And the fact that his passing has left such an impact on so many of us who NEVER met him in person speaks volumes.

Number one: It's a testament to the power of the connections that can be made even without feeling someone's physical presence.

And Number two: It's a testament to how important, and how cumulatively POWERFUL the words are that we speak, write, or type to other people. What we do and say MATTERS. And we may never know "this side of Glory" how much they may have mattered to people that we never had the privilege of speaking to "in person".

Much RESPECT and PEACE to Jophil.

VU

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what to say. Jophil has made THE greatest impact in my life. Everyday I would log on here, I would search his name and read all of his posts and learn from his advice. I would even google his name, just to read other posts he did on other sites. I have learned soooo much about women, relationships and how to become the man I want to be, all because of him. Im sure he has helped everyone here in one way or another. He had helped me with women and relationships more than anyone in my life. Jophil will always be apart of my personality and I hope to envision myself as he was with relationships.

Jophil, you will be truley missed and I wish I had met you in person. I will say a prayer tonite for you, and I will never forget you. Rest in Peace.--- RomJuan.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was looking for some Jophil gems, and Mr. P is right. Every post I've read so far is a gem. So for anyone who wants to gain some wisdom, here is the collective genius of the late Jophil.

Wise, funny, and he will be missed.

Here is the link again.

EDITED: my former links were showing zilch which led to some confusion on my intentions. They should now show Jophil's entire posting history. A close friend of mine here thought I was saying he had no gems, but the link just wasn't working. If it still isn't working, then you will have to just manually go to the search page, enter Jophil28 in the user name category, and check off that you want all results in post format, not entire thread. K? K.

I advise everyone to take a few hours to read Jophil's collected post history here.

Last edited:

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil,

You were one of the best posters ever on here. Your spirit will live on in your posts.

Let every man who reads this realise (if they haven't already) that worrying about chasing women is a waste of a man's life.

I'm sure Jophil had a lot more going on in his life. Make sure you do too.

So that after you are gone into nothingness like Jophil has now gone, that others will look back, think of you and say "Now,that was a man!"

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well fvck this eats azz. Man I loved reading His stuff. Dude was sharp as a tack. Had a Good head on those shoulders..you will be missed my friend.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aw man what a loss.

The man was a class act. You would have never known he was terminally ill by his postings. Never complaining or whining about what he was dealt in life. Pure class.

LeftyLoosey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrible news. Jophil, you will be missed. Thank you for taking the time to mentor your fellow men. Your wisdom and experience no doubt contributed to the improvement of many lives and relationships.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this the first confirmed death on this site?

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I think when you read between the lines in some of posts, you could sort of figure out who she was.

One thing that impresses me about all this is that apparently when Jophil realized how ill he was, he didn't waste another minute posting here on this forum. I think there's a lesson for us there somewhere.
I disagree. I think he would have wanted to give a farewell to his brothers. This site was an important part of his life.

He probably didn't have time. Probably had to spend his last days in a hospital bed, reflecting us on occasion.