Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Joining the Army

Joseph Defranza

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm joining the Army (reserves) pretty soon. So that will be around 42 weeks of training. Then when I'm back home I'll have to report to base one weekend a month. I'm also going into OCS (officer candidate school) so I'll come out of training as a second lieutenant. I got a 94 on my ASVAB and I want to select "cyber operations officer" as my officer job. When I'm back home from training, I'll be pursuing a career in cybersecurity. Whether I need to sign up for a cybersecurity boot camp or not, I don't know yet, we'll see.

I'm posting this to ask if anyone has any tips for me regarding those two career paths. Anything I should know, please bring to my attention. Especially any tips to further advance myself in those fields would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm joining the Army (reserves) pretty soon. So that will be around 42 weeks of training. Then when I'm back home I'll have to report to base one weekend a month. I'm also going into OCS (officer candidate school) so I'll come out of training as a second lieutenant. I got a 94 on my ASVAB and I want to select "cyber operations officer" as my officer job. When I'm back home from training, I'll be pursuing a career in cybersecurity. Whether I need to sign up for a cybersecurity boot camp or not, I don't know yet, we'll see.

I'm posting this to ask if anyone has any tips for me regarding those two career paths. Anything I should know, please bring to my attention. Especially any tips to further advance myself in those fields would be very much appreciated. Thanks
create a new gmail account. That way you have a reserve for pictures or important documents like pdf or adobe. There's going to be a lot of memorable pictures like boot camp graduation. I did for marines. Once I passed for any job never needed to apple for bootcamp even if required...

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats, soldiers are super cool and you learn to be a real man which is a step up from most of the man-pvssies on this forum. I never served but I got the same sort of discipline from taking martial arts classes for many years.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined back when we were taught to kill people & break things.
Now it’s a force to combat global warming & White supremacy.

My advice: don’t drop the soap.

• Haha
Reactions: BMX

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Can’t decide if this is funny or sad.

A serious question for the OP: why on earth would you want to join this kind of “military”?

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This ad tells you everything you need to know about who the Army wants. And, if you’re on this site, it probably isn’t you.
let the pink haired, woke gender-fluid CRT SJW’s fight the Russians & Chinese.

Reactions: BMX

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Lol holy crap! Wtf is that about? We are doomed...countries like China, Russia, Iran are laughing at us right now. While they're prepping for a possible take over...were too busy promoting this crap.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The navy has literally become what that old garbage YMCA song depicted. It is one massive infiltration of g@yboys/fembots/lesbos/large Asian nation sympathizing cucks and a bigot boomer/gen x good 'ol boys club of senior enlisted massively out of touch with reality/their own junior enlisted/the way things currently are. Countless weak douchebag pilots who think they are Goose and Maverick (LMFAO)... I already saw it rolling downhill fast when I went to basic in 2013. My chief literally called another recruit a h0mo and then went into hysterics doubting himself.

I got out last year and I'm about to go ghost on this woke reservist bullshiet ASAP. Today, it has become a Target department store except with camo and antiquated tech. The special warfare community has been breached and defiled as well. It's a lose-lose-lose situation, regardless of which branch you choose to pursue. And I've worked with plenty of those types mentioned above in all branches and numerous ex-military-turned-woke-defense-contractors. Tragic.

You can either have a military that is a direct reflection of society OR a military that is trained to fight and fvck up their enemies. You simply can't have both.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the good question is why join any army? you will be only good to be told to kill someone you have nothing against, by corrupt and coward people who you would never see close to even a fist fight

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm posting this to ask if anyone has any tips for me regarding those two career paths.
Several people I know who had tech jobs in the military came out to the real world and are working in civil service. Your military experience can work for you but it can be pretty niche.

Make sure you make the plan work for you. Not worth getting in harm's way for a bunch of rich White Republicans or multicultural wokesters who could care less about you.

Joseph Defranza

Don Juan
Reaction score
To those asking why I’m joining:

I’ve always wanted to join the military, since high school. I was in ROTC shortly in college. So the way I see it, I’m picking back up where I left off.

I’m either joining cyber operations or intelligence, neither of those involve a ton of killing. You’re thinking of the infantry MOS.

And yeah, I’m hoping whatever I choose helps me get a job in the civilian world. In regard to pursuing a tech career, even after cyber operations training I am still considering going after more tech training

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And yeah, I’m hoping whatever I choose helps me get a job in the civilian world. In regard to pursuing a tech career, even after cyber operations training I am still considering going after more tech training
Good. Military experience can help you in general (helps get you hired) but not specifically (you will still start at the bottom). Glad to see you are getting into it with a clear plan.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To those asking why I’m joining:

I’ve always wanted to join the military, since high school. I was in ROTC shortly in college. So the way I see it, I’m picking back up where I left off.

I’m either joining cyber operations or intelligence, neither of those involve a ton of killing. You’re thinking of the infantry MOS.

Don't you want to ensure we have election integrity before joining?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did some of the army officer training in college rotc. Here is the tip I gave my cousin leaving for basic. At some point you will end up in a leadership position, like squad leader of three other guys. Two of those three will have their act together, and the third will likely be a screw up. You will think you are doing ok as a leader, because most of your guys are ok. Wrong! You as a leader are judged by the capability of your weakest man. Wake up before everyone else so you can get your own gear together, then when everyone else gets up you can get private weak link's act together. Leadership is not a priviledge, it is a sacrifice for the sake of the unit and the mission.

My other cousin then told a true story from his time in basic. They lined up outside barracks in the morning, then a sergeant came out and yelled at all of them that they had left the bathrooms in disgusting shape and that they were not going anywhere until they got three volunteers to clean the bathroom. As you might imagine, no one raised their hand, at least right away. It took a lot of yelling and telling them they were going to stand there all day until there were three volunteers. When the third volunteer finally came to the front of the formation, the seargeant then said, "ok, what's going to happen now is that I'm going to take these three recruits with me to go have breakfast at burger king while you sorry fvcks clean those toilets." Moral of the story: volunteer for everything