Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Job questions (opinions encouraged)....

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, I have an opportunity to take a government job making 23% more than I am now, bonus included. It's in a city 3 hours away that's not the greatest, but big enough to have all the amenities. I am in Atlanta now, so I have everything I want.

As for my current job, it seems our current geographic market is saturated and there isn't much room for growth for me here. My pay raises have gotten smaller and the % has gone down each year, as I've made more money. Been with the same company my whole career. My boss sort of has a conservative view of growth, so I don't really know what to expect, but I know the reality of the situation.

So essentially, with the government, it'll be an easier job and I know I'll continually get a little more money each year. With my current company, the money isn't as good but eventually I could hit it big. Problem, I can't really say I'm 100% committed enough to the company to do what it takes to hit it big. I'm just not that passionate about what I'm doing. I doubt I will be in the government, but I'll be in a better position to do things about it, plus it'll open up time for smaller side business opportunities I've been looking into.

What say you? Would you take it and move? And no - government won't pay relocation expenses.

B

BlueAlpha1

If you leave your current condition on excellent terms, would they ever consider you for a 2nd stint if it doesn't work out? If the answer is yes, go for it. Change is a good thing. Just have something to fall back on if it doesn't work.

I had a supervisor whose been with the company 16 years. The 3rd year he took a job with Bank of America, lasted a few months, and they took him back, so that was 13 years ago.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you leave your current condition on excellent terms, would they ever consider you for a 2nd stint if it doesn't work out? If the answer is yes, go for it. Change is a good thing. Just have something to fall back on if it doesn't work.

I had a supervisor whose been with the company 16 years. The 3rd year he took a job with Bank of America, lasted a few months, and they took him back, so that was 13 years ago.
Funny enough, Trump's hiring freeze may have killed this job possibility. I actually have not heard back from them.