Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Job proud?

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So last year i went to the city to work for a stock brokerage with the aim of working my way up to trader. Anyways long story short the sales side of the job really didn't suit me and as the weeks went by i began to experience a huge moral implication in working this job. So i quit.

Fast forward to now and I am back in my hometown, broke, no job and living at my mum and dads...

I know what I want to do long term and the industry I plan to get into, and I am in the process of putting that plan into action, but in the mean time I need to start making some money, and this means me taking any job. The problem I have, and I am ashamed to admit this, is that I have become job proud

Most of my friends have high end jobs or businesses, and I am really struggling with the idea of me working as a mail man/bar tender/ delivery driver, I am worried I will be judged on this, which also means I judge people on what job they do... What a c*nt I am.

Can anyone slap any sense into me? Has anyone here struggled with the same thing?

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So last year i went to the city to work for a stock brokerage with the aim of working my way up to trader. Anyways long story short the sales side of the job really didn't suit me and as the weeks went by i began to experience a huge moral implication in working this job. So i quit.

Fast forward to now and I am back in my hometown, broke, no job and living at my mum and dads...

I know what I want to do long term and the industry I plan to get into, and I am in the process of putting that plan into action, but in the mean time I need to start making some money, and this means me taking any job. The problem I have, and I am ashamed to admit this, is that I have become job proud

Most of my friends have high end jobs or businesses, and I am really struggling with the idea of me working as a mail man/bar tender/ delivery driver, I am worried I will be judged on this, which also means I judge people on what job they do... What a c*nt I am.

Can anyone slap any sense into me? Has anyone here struggled with the same thing?
Well, if you are in the process of putting your dreams into action, what you do right now doesn't matter.
But you are not a c*nt, don't be negative on yourself.
You have just come from a job you probably dreamed of getting into, into something that you never imagined.
But I think the fear is, you will become stuck, and this is your role forever if it doesn't work out, it won't be, you must trust yourself.

If it is really a worry that your friends will laugh at you, then they are no friends at all, friends don't judge their friends based on status, but on their quality as a person.

My two closest friends, are a police officer and a social worker - and right now I work in a shop - but I won't forever, one day my blogging business will take off, and I will make more than both of them combined - why? because I worked at it, just like you have to. They have never judged me for my job, and if they did I wouldn't hang out with them any more.

Friends like that I have cast aside in the past.