Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

job of your dreams or girl you love??

Reaction score
let's us say you had to make a choice, between the job of your dreams in a different country or a girl you love and have intentions of marrying...If you choose to stay with the girl, you will have a comfortable life (i.e. middle class) but with this job you will have a life of luxury(millions of dollars i.e ferraris, summer homes etc etc) but probably have no one to share it with. What would you choose ?

P.S. the girl will not move for you, and you can't ask her to marry you since you've only been dating 6 - 7 months

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHAT???? It's a no-brainer. Go for the job.

Believe me, she'll move to be with you! And even if she doesn't, you really think that you won't have anyone to share your life with? Millions of dollars? Ferraris? Hell! I'm in love with you already! I'm packed! Where are we movng to lover?;) :D ;)

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Whats the country.... I'm all for moving to Japan... or better yet. Germany.... I hear you can't get fired there(unless your a super lazy ass. Who hasn't showed up for five years).... But if It's Middle East.... Or England count me out....Though Scottland would be cool.... I always wanted to wear a kilt...lol

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have to ask this question you are already a victim of oneitis and probably super AFC.

Of course take the job!!! You are dating 6-7 months and you want to marry this girl??

Marriage = misery of middle class drudgery

New job = ferraris, tons of women, life of luxury

Which would you choose?

And stop watching OPRAH and Dr. Phil!!!!!!!!!!!

Dietzcoi

Reaction score
Women always follow men whom they love - you are the commander of the ship - if the crew doesn't follow orders then 'hang' them and set forth on your mission - this is a test of loyalty!! Good test for you and her to determine who wears the pants!!

Trust me - any woman of sincere character follows her man!! If she doesn't then you know that she is not sincere in her 'love'!!

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dream job does not involve millions of dollars or ferrari's and I would still go for the job over a woman.
If you don't go it is over eventually anyways, she will lose respect for you because you will have lost respect for yourself.
Then you will find yourself with a job you hate, an ex you hate more, and you will always regret passing up your dream for a woman.
If you take the job you really want, you will be a bit upset about the girl, but if you really love the work, eventually you will become a dj again. People that really love what they do become dj's naturally.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't work on your career ...

... you're in trouble, big time.

Even if it doesn't revolve around lots of dollars, cars, and luxury.

One time in my previous AFC life, I left a small dinky job in a small dinky town for a little better job some 300 miles away. I had to take the job or I'd be stuck at the small dinky job in the small dinky town forever.

I was seeing this woman I thought I was in love with and thought I was going to marry -- yeah, right, she was dumb, twisted, and not very nice. But then again, I was an AFC.

We had the whole long distance thing worked out and when we were going to visit. She said she "understood" why I had to take the job and that she'd always stand by me.

Within two months we were done, an explosive break-up to boot (like I said, I was an AFC). She was an awful person.

To this day -- because of that experience -- I say always follow your career, which is tied to your heart and your dreams. A QUALITY woman will either sustain the long distance relationship or move to where you are. One without staying power will leave you, and in the U.S., that's about 98 percent of women.

Sheesh, and to think in this country women used to wait years for their men in World War II.

Follow your career!

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man this is a hard question!!!

NOT

I'd take the job in a heartbeat. I'd rather have a Enzo Ferrari than a *****y women.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Choose the job. It's a place you spend half your days, so you'd better choose something that will make you happier. Not to mention career advancement.

The only time you should consider it over a womanis if you're married or have kids with her.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would choose the job. Career first baby.

Even if the woman was everything I was looking for, how would you know if she would change?

A good solid career is a strong foundation, which is definetly something a woman is NOT!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you would REALLY going to marry her, you wouldn't be asking this question.
Sounds like you have a regular LTR there and you are doing good.

You make it sound there are no women left on the planet after you get the job.
Just start a new life along the job and enjoy.
Women will come a part of your life again.

If I would have much money I really wouldn't allow anyone see it.
I wouldn't go for fanciest cars, clothes etc.
People are jealous and you would have hard time to get people around you who wouldn't be jealous.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bummer!

Originally posted by WaterTiger
Hell! I'm in love with you already! I'm packed! Where are we movng to lover?;) :D ;)

You mean I'm out of the Water Tiger sweepstakes?!

And I had such high hopes ... sigh. :rolleyes:

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Bummer!

Originally posted by WestCoaster
You mean I'm out of the Water Tiger sweepstakes?!

And I had such high hopes ... sigh. :rolleyes:
;) Don't worry Darling! It's all part of my diabolical plan! You see in the divorce settlement I'll get enough money to buy a pro-sports team for you! See? Got it all figured out! :D

WorldTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't take the job and stay JUST for her, you will live to regret it.

Think about this, people are flexible regarding moving around, jobs are not.

If you really think this gal is a keeper... offer her to go with you, but I highly recommend you extend the date she joins you in the new country at least three months. It will be a great test for both of you.

Take it from someone who's been in your situation before.

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Always, always, always take the job. Even considering staying is foolish. There will always be other women to meet, but if it is a once in a lifetime opportunity then you have to go for it. If she refuses to go, then she is obviously putting her career/lifestyle above you, so why should you put her above yours?

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Difficult decision but i would probably take the job and take the girl. If she doesn't want to come with me then thats just the way it is.

sweetypie

Reaction score
Well now this isnt just as easy as shaving your self in the morning now is it? You love her, you need a job to keep her trust me. Take her with you, if she loves you she will go. And if not right away ..eventually she will want to follow. if she doesnt want you to follow your dreams, and wont comply, then you have the answer you are asking the board. If the one i love asked me to go with them to another country and i really loved them and knew they were the one, i'd pack up so damn quick they would think i had known the whole time. But if i knew he wasnt the one, and i didnt feel it would last... I'd help him pack. :-0

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take the job of course. if she follows you, now you have to consider whether she followed you because she loves you or because of your new found millions. you'll never know.

cold-blooded, but personally, i'd take the job and call it quits with her. you can always do better, even if you think you can't.

first joo get the money. then joo get the power. then joo get the women.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's too bad you can only think in exclusive terms (i.e. either-or) and not inclusive terms (and) Did you ever think of how you can have both?

In my opinion, a job of your dreams is never the job of the dreams that it appears just like the girl of your dreams is never the one people stick with. It's an illusion created by a need, that like colored sunlglasses is put in front of your eyes so you can only see that way.

I can see a pitfall very, very clearly but I know that you cannot see it, yet. I'll tell you anyway, but I know you won't believe me.

You think this is the job of your dreams because of the things that it will provide you with (ferrari, vacation home, etc.) and the reason why you are seeking these materialistic things is because of some kind of insecurity, or need to prove oneself to others.

Now I don't know this for sure, I can only speculate, but I know there's something to it, because I've been there myself. After a while, you may end up hating the job, and lose both the girl and the job.

The job of your dreams today, will not be the same 10 years from now, your needs would have changed and as such the dreams would change as well.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this were a real-life scenario, I'd probably dump her before I took on the job.

My dream job would be a political analyst and that might mean background checks and nosy journalists the higher up I go. I'd break up with her to spare her the trouble.

One thing I think most people have wrong is that they think that there is only one person you can be totally satisfied with. There are two types of romance out there. The first relies on situations; it needs a person, a place and a whole assortment of things to become a cellestial experience. The second takes situations as they come and makes it their own, creating their own magic.

Most people only understand the first type. I practice the second. When love and romance are viewed not as external factors, but rather personal creations, there is no longer any question of the girl or the job. You can always create cellestial bonds with another girl, job opportunities demand capitalization.

-Cyrano

P.S.: Props to 2Cold for the nod to 'Scarface'.