Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jim Carrey keeps wasting our time!

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only made it thru ESSM. I thought it was too "out there" but maybe I should watch it again.

I just thought it was dragging on too slowly the first hour... does it get better??

Dietzcoi

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why people consider every non-arthouse movie to be "crap". Its like college professors telling everyone with an IQ of under 150 that they're "stupid" (even if that person is Richard Branson).

A comedy that is funny is much harder to make than arthouse films with a billion meanings. Its easy to whip up a serious movie and throw in a few billion hidden meanings/messages, but making a movie that makes people laugh takes much more work.

Same with books/paintings - theres millions of unread serious "meaningful" books and paintings with a "message", but there is only 1 Charlie Brown.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
I don't know why people consider every non-arthouse movie to be "crap". Its like college professors telling everyone with an IQ of under 150 that they're "stupid" (even if that person is Richard Branson).

A comedy that is funny is much harder to make than arthouse films with a billion meanings. Its easy to whip up a serious movie and throw in a few billion hidden meanings/messages, but making a movie that makes people laugh takes much more work.

Same with books/paintings - theres millions of unread serious "meaningful" books and paintings with a "message", but there is only 1 Charlie Brown.

Where has anybody said that every non-arthouse movie is crap? Also I thought ESSM was a great movie as well.

Last edited:

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
ESSM is a great movie. I think to apreciate it you've had to love and lost before sometime in your life. Maybe some of these people just haven't been through that.

As for Carrey not doing comedies, I think we all deserve the right to do whatever we think is best in our careers. He has earned the right to make whatver movie he wants to do, which I know a lot of people would love to be able to do!

And plus, can any comedy he makes now be "as good" as his earlier ones? People will constantly compare the new one to the old ones, and it will never measure up. Just look at bands like u2 who have put out a lot of work, and the newer stuff is never heralded to be as good as the old stuff.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a bit concern that Carry will end up pulling an "Eddie Murphy" and only do family type comedies because they bring in bigger cash.

I wish they could make Dumb and Dumber 2.

Jim Carrey was the utlimate AFC in that movie.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal Sunshine was OMG SUPER F*CKING AWESOME.

I loved that movie. Jim Carrey is the best actor ever, he is hilarious in eternal sunshine too. He's so multi facited, he doesn't need to do slapstick comedy to be funny as hell.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think Carrey was at his best when he was doing In Living Color. He put out Dumb & Dumber and it was pretty funny. But when I started watching some of his movies that followed, it just seemed to be the same old stupid **** again and again. He gets paid big bucks to act like a fvcking retard. Hell, "fvcking retard" is an understatement. He overacts the part of a 3 year old child.

After a while, Dumb & Dumber didn't have any appeal anymore. I ended up taping over it.