Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

jet lag girl

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I picked up a girl I know from the airport who I heard has a crush on me through my other friend.

I guess its human nature to become interested in somebody when you find out about their interest to you.

Anyways, it turned out that her flight was delayed for 4 hours and when the girl asked me whether I waited, I admitted yes. Afterwards, she was apologizing and feeling sorry that she made me waste the whole afternoon. I know this might be knit picky but should I life and try to make this sound ****y?

After that, she seemed very nervous around me as my friend told me about how she missed me, etc. She was like talking a lot and laughing plus she even mentioned that because her flight was delayed, she missed a dinner with her other friends who asked her out.

I figured that was her cue and told her that I can become her friend's substitute and go out that night.

Then she said she's tired and might have jet lag. Plus she said she wanted to give souveniors to her other friends in the apartment. she also gave one to me as well.

Rather than trying to figure out where I stand, I'm wondering what my next move is. I'm thinking about not calling her till she does something but again, she's a little bit shy so she might be waiting for me to call her.

During the drive, she mentioned how she wanted to do something while she complained that she would be bored in America. Anyways, can anybody help me out with what I should do next?

My birthday is also coming up but I'm not sure what to do..

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh???? First go read da bible. In my view, you blew it. I mean golden rule, never ever pick up a girl you haven't dated for long while at the airport. And not only did you do that but you waited!!!! AFC, AFC, AFC.. I mean at least you could have gone and run some errands or whatever and then come back later and act like, no I "I was smart and called beforehand and met up with some friends"

And then, the whole dinner thing. Nevermind.

I think her IL is going to go down the drain unless you start playing it right. Your next move, should be no move. None at all. ANd when she does call. Don't call her back right away. In fact, I say, wait until she calls a 2nd time and then just act like you've been busy.

This just all sounds really AFC to me. And for your birthday, hang out with the guys. Too early just because she likes you (did like you, we are fickle) to make b-day plans with her????

I don't know but you need to first, rid yourself from AFCness or recognize it when you got it.' And does she live in another place? Was she going to visit you or friends?? And stop getting input from her friend. Or even yours. Especially, if it is a chick. ALso a golden rule and you should know better than that. Whatver she is telling you is going to be for her friend's benefit not yours. If it is your male friend, then okay. But guys generally don't talk about that kind of stuff. And you should keep it to yourself. JMO.

Oh, please. Don't talk about moves just yet. Kid, read the bible.Not to be too harsh. Maybe I am reading the post wrong but this screams, AFCness. Hold out and she if she comes around. In the meantime, get out and have fun with other chicks so you don't get oneitus.

Good luck!

Tamales
:confused::rolleyes: :confused:

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey tamale,

its been long since I got your advice :)
I know you've had your fill and you only respond to threads that you think is high quality..

Anyways, I've dated this girl before so oh no, I wouldn't pick her up otherwise.

As for the 4 hour wait, I actually did drive home but because of the 30 minute trip one way distance plus traffic, I only had 20, 30 minutes of free time at home before I had to go back again. So I might have been better off waiting at the airport than go through all the trouble.

So yeah, the problem was whether I should've given the girl the impression that I waited or not when she asked me. Its one small AFC mistake.

As for my friend, its a guyfriend and this girl was bold enough to tell him.. So I don't think its a chick talk...

As for the bible, I've been here for 3 years so I've read the bible inside and out. lol You gotta give me the credit for having a bit more experience in that aspect.

The reason why my post sounds inexperienced is because this girl and other girls I met from asia shows me that culture do make the bible not 100% foulproof. Some people here realized it and posted that they met many girls with exception.

I've realized girls in US are more bold and open plus give a clearer message dispite all the mixed signals you girls give. If US girls are mixed, then asian girls give out even more mixed signal.

For example, with another asian girl I dated, she had declined a dinner date with me several times.

Plus I stopped talking to her for 3 months when I decided to call her to see whats up. Turned out that she had been waiting for me to call her all these time. Now, after going out, she's all over me, etc.

I agree that its good to chill out, and not contact her but because of tradition, culture, girls wouldn't do any 1st move (after you know them, exchanged #, went out to dates) regardless of how attractive you are to them.

As for my b-day, I should've explained a bit more. This girl and another girl I know had invited me to their b-day party, and asked me to tell them mine. They even mentioned how I should hold a party and invite them as well.

So yeah, girls always manage to elude us whenever we make a step forward.

I do still think the dj bible is fundamentally important and applicable to all girls in the universe, but there are some aspects of AFCness that can't be etched in stone..

Yeah, I have no problem not callling her for awhile as its the easiest thing to do. I already have a girl whose wanting to be my gf and make out, etc. Not to mention 3 other girls that wants to date me. So thanks to them, I don't think I will develop an oneitis...

But because of my experience with the other girl, I'm not sure if I should leave her out for too long as 1, 2 months.

Anyways, thanks for the advice! anybody else have any more take to help me out?

Last edited:

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey S: Afterwards, I was like hey, wait a minute. I know this guy and read his posts.. What happened..Easy to misread things. I have no idea about Asian chicks?? I say we are all fairly the same in general unless, they have been living in a cave or something. I mean the world as a whole is fairly westernized. JMO. I mean rock and roll, types of clothes, what's hot and what's not seems to be sort of universal. ANd I wouldn't say all US girls are like that. I know a lot of German girls that are way more free with their sexuality than I am and sex ain't no big deal. I mean even European ads show more skin. And in general I think it depends more on your unbringing, morale values, environment not so much just your nationality. But whatever. Don't want to get into a debate about it as I am certainly, no expert in that area. i have only dated one German, one Italian and never any Asians

Chilling, sounds like a good idea.

Good luck. Hopefully, you'll get additional responses.
:D

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres an update on this girl.

I happen to work in the same internship as her and as she doesn't have a car, she e-mailed me asking me when I'll be going to the internship. Obviously, she's looking for a ride. Heres the copy of her e-mail.

------------------------------------------

When will you go to Detroit for the internship?
I just emailed Yanique saying that I want to talk with her about it, not sure if she's able to meet me by this weekend..

BTW, I'm going out later, won't be home by evening. If you want to contact me, better do it via email..

okay, bye~

-------------------------------------------

Its a very cut and dry e-mail.

Since this is business, I can be professional about it but I'm worried that if I do her more favors by giving her a ride, I'll come across as a wuss. At the same time, I will be going to the same place anyways so there really isn't a harm to it.