Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesse Pinkman's approach/field reports thread.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May 12 (Friday)

Despite having the social circle set up done, I have decided in the past few weeks to hit game up again. I will talk more about this in a dedicated thread but the short answer is, there are just too many women out there waiting to be approached and I miss those days of going out to do those approaches. This means that I have been going out to do some nightgame too and I went to my usual Friday nightgame venue. It was kind of spontaneous and I just kind of did it.

Got there and it was at around 9 or so. Usually when you get to this venue early, things are good because there are some hot girls around but not nearly as many creepy dudes and PUAs. I get there and it is mainly dudes since the Heat are playing the Knicks. I swear, sporting events are some of the biggest ****blocks out there. Then I notice that there are a lot of girls and guys out with what seem to be their parents. Come to find, the University of Miami had their graduation and that was the bar everyone crashed at.

I also had some minor drama, gossip, and other stuff going on. Had a falling out with the Pickup Group I was a part of due to some drama and as sad as that sounds, that was kind of in my head. I made myself an ultimatum, I have until 10:30 to decide if I want to focus on doing game or focus on the drama. If it is game, then I focus on that and do not even look at my texts. If it is drama, then I go home and focus on that. I made the ultimatum, it was game.

The Heat beat the Knicks and knock them out of the playoffs. I walk around and find so many kids at this outdoor bar there with their parents but still say screw it, time to approach.

Approach 1

I see this blonde standing around with her two friends and she has a bunch of tattoos on her, I open with "I feel like those tattoos are supposed to tell a story but I am not sure what it is. It is a Scorpion on her (I guessed zodiac sign but she was a Gemini) and one of her friends is engaged in the conversation. The other is a lot more grumpy and does not want to be involved so I say "you two are tourists and she has already been here many times so its old news to her", the grumpy friend laughs. We are bantering back and forth I tell the blonde her next tattoo should be a bird.

The set goes on for a while and I try to figure out their logistics. They are all living far away and are ending their night at LIV, set over for me. I decide to keep it going for a bit but then realize that this is going nowhere. Get their IGs and then try to bounce saying I have to meet a friend but blonde said "awww you are just gonna leave us here?". Looking back at it, I feel like I could have tried to go for the close here and a SNL. It would have been tough with a three set as I now have no wingman at all but I could have tried. Maybe I could have tried to isolate the blonde and try to pull her back to my place.

This was a very winnable set but I was too in my head with the drama and all that had transpired in the week. Get it together Pinkman!

Approach 2

I run into some old wings that used to be in the group and decide to do some laps with them around the bar. We all conclude that it is a heavy sausagefest due to the graduation but still decide to shoot our shots. The only approachable sets are big ones but I also meet the friend of one of my old wings. Apparently, they took the RSD Bootcamp together a couple of weeks ago.....they didn't have the best things to say about it.

We walk around and I see a 4-set so I go with wing's friend and open it. Open with "let me guess, graduation and you are all so depressed of what is to come after college". They laugh, all four were sorority girls and I say "you all are definitely Zetas", they were. I kept guessing everything right about them, even saying "either from NY or NJ, came to college in Miami, and are now moving to Manhattan". They were laughing at how right I was or maybe playing along, what do I know.

I grab wing's friend and literally pull him into set as he is just standing around next to us. We banter back and forth and now the girls try to get me to put on a show for them. One of them says "you are calling us basic", I respond with "well have any of my guesses been wrong?". They look at each other and move on....they try to get me to guess more but now I am seeing this set as unpullable. My wing has bounced from it and it is 4 on 1. I just ask for IGs.

2 of the girls gave me fake IGs, one gave me a real IG but it was private, the other gave me her IG and followed me back.

I should have isolated more but I just need to get better at working bigger sets now.

Approach 3

I walk around and find my wings, tell myself just one more. The fake IGs really got me, like a girl followed a celeb with the same first name as me on my IG when I gave her my phone, like wtf. Still, I man up. I am not going to let that humiliation be my last approach. We walk around but standing next to the indoor bar entrance, I see a three set. I open them with "I know, graduating college, let me tell you, it is hell after this and life sucks".

They all laugh, they are actually foreign exchange girls from France who studied at U of M. At first, I could not understand their English well but slowly start to do so. One girl is closed off, one is friendly, and one is really DTF. We go and chat about life in Miami and they have been to literally every venue, that is until I bring up Sexy Fish and they say they have not been there. It gets really loud near us so I lead the three girls away and they are surprisingly cool with it.

Run into my wingman on the way. I incorporate him into the set to talk to the two other French girls while I take the one who is DTF. We start chatting in a quieter place and I put my arm around her waist. I am also bringing my face closer to her ears and telling her about all the fun that can happen at Sexy Fish. We start making out as she tells me she is here for another month and then groans a bit. My d1ck is hard already but then her friends come in hard and take her away, they are shouting something in French...

I am dumbfounded, approach wing and ask what happened, he is dumbfounded and won't say......

Next day, found that Frenchie who followed me back on IG has now blocked me.

DUDE!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sporting events are some of the biggest ****blocks out there.
I agree with this.

I noticed this in going to "game watching events" in alumni groups. The alumni group functions centered around game watching events were far less useful for pickup/arranging dates than the generalized alumni group events.

Local sports events do have a way of messing up certain venues in a city. I recommend avoiding the types of venues where sports watching can be a thing.

Get their IGs
I do not understand why you IG close. I have no interest in IG closing women.

When I close, I make arrangements for a date, then collect their phone number. I do not want their IG or their phone number without definitive date plans in place. The phone number collection is secondary. I want to know that I'm meeting a woman at 7 PM on Tuesday night for drinks at a quieter lounge with good ambiance than have her IG.

I also do not have a good enough IG presence either. I have IG, but it isn't that impressive.

In nightlife venues, setting up a date is a consolation prize if you don't get the same night sex. The era of using nightlife venues to arrange dates is over, unless you're doing approaches during weeknight Happy Hours from 5-8 PM or maybe weekend afternoon game at a nightlife type venue.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May 13 (Saturday)

It is not a good weekend in Miami right now, not at all. I met a friend for drinks and decided to head on out afterwards for some solo nightgame. Go to my usual venue for Saturdays in Wynnwood where the door guy knows me on a first name basis. I go there and it is so empty, all dudes when it fills up. Almost zero approachable women.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not understand why you IG close. I have no interest in IG closing women.

When I close, I make arrangements for a date, then collect their phone number. I do not want their IG or their phone number without definitive date plans in place. The phone number collection is secondary. I want to know that I'm meeting a woman at 7 PM on Tuesday night for drinks at a quieter lounge with good ambiance than have her IG.

I also do not have a good enough IG presence either. I have IG, but it isn't that impressive.

In nightlife venues, setting up a date is a consolation prize if you don't get the same night sex. The era of using nightlife venues to arrange dates is over, unless you're doing approaches during weeknight Happy Hours from 5-8 PM or maybe weekend afternoon game at a nightlife type venue.
Cannot believe I have to explain this but if you are not collecting IGs, you are losing. A number is just that, a freaking number. I will do a post on this later, perhaps, but here are a few reasons you always go for the IG instead of a number:

1. You immediately know where you stand based on her reception. If she likes you, she will follow you back or accept your request if it is a private account. A number tells you nothing.

2. You can gage interest better. She will watch your stories, like them, and engage with you more if she likes you.

3. You can hook girls easily with your stories. I have smashed women that were visiting again when I got their IGs months before because they happened to like one of my stories.

A number is nothing, it is boring. It is boring texts and an age old way of doing game. If you are not gathering IGs in 2023, you are losing.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cannot believe I have to explain this but if you are not collecting IGs, you are losing. A number is just that, a freaking number. I will do a post on this later, perhaps, but here are a few reasons you always go for the IG instead of a number:

1. You immediately know where you stand based on her reception. If she likes you, she will follow you back or accept your request if it is a private account. A number tells you nothing.

2. You can gage interest better. She will watch your stories, like them, and engage with you more if she likes you.

3. You can hook girls easily with your stories. I have smashed women that were visiting again when I got their IGs months before because they happened to like one of my stories.

A number is nothing, it is boring. It is boring texts and an age old way of doing game. If you are not gathering IGs in 2023, you are losing.
you know what’s up lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You immediately know where you stand based on her reception. If she likes you, she will follow you back or accept your request if it is a private account. A number tells you nothing.
A number tells you nothing if a number is collected without a date agreement in place. This is why setting the date during the in-person approach matters.

Getting a number and not getting a response to a text message or a phone call says everything that I would need to know.

You can hook girls easily with your stories. I have smashed women that were visiting again when I got their IGs months before because they happened to like one of my stories.
I can see your point on how that would work for keeping some prospects warm over a longer term. I do not use IG stories. For those not that active on IG, regular phone numbers are likely better.

In the 1990s and early 2000s, there was even discussion surrounding home phone numbers vs. cell phone numbers. I was just coming up into the world of attraction-seduction when this was happening so I realize how technology changes. Additionally, as the 2000s went on and cell phones displaced landlines, the discussion later became the use of phone calls vs. text messages. Now, very little of early stage dating is conducted via phone call. Phone calls are more likely to happen later in more committed relationships as compared to the early stages.

In 2023, IG might be more useful in dating Gen Z women (the oldest Gen Z'ers are 26) and some younger Millennials. I'm an early Millennial and have dated women closer to my own age. While plenty of 33-40 year old women are on Instagram, it's not as big of a deal to most in that age range. I have seen women right now 33-40 who do post a ton on IG but it is a little less common.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15

Except phone numbers are just way more effort man, you have to text and you have to go back and forth. You have to build interest off of texting while with Instagram, you can show cool stuff. Lots of older women are on IG tbh, like way more than you would think. IG just streamlines the whole thing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
phone numbers are just way more effort man, you have to text and you have to go back and forth. You have to build interest off of texting while with Instagram, you can show cool stuff. Lots of older women are on IG tbh, like way more than you would think. IG just streamlines the whole thing.
In attraction-seduction, the phone has caused issues for multiple generations of men, going back to era of landline phones.

I'm a believer in taking the phone and technology out of the equation as much as possible. Technology seems to cause more issues in seduction than it solves. Think about online dating websites and later swipe apps. Online dating websites were created as a response to issues men were experiencing in the bar scene in the 1970s-early 1990s. It was intended to make things easier for men struggling to get results at bars but instead served as a key part of worsening the whole environment.

I don't think any man needs to build interest from sending text messages. I think that's the wrong way to think about text messages. Men are to build interest in real life from real life interactions. This is why I arrange the first date and its details in person. The phone number collection is an afterthought in that interaction. When I'm approaching, I either have created enough value from the in-person interaction to arrange a date or I have not for some reason. Attraction and seduction are about building value in-person and no amount of phone calls, text messages, IG posts, or IG stories solves that.

As a result, it's difficult for me to believe that IG streamlines seduction. It might appear that way based on how someone looks at it. The right way to look at attraction-seduction is that it is an person art/science rather than a distance art/science. IG isn't supposed to do the work to get the date. The first date needs to be obtained due to the creation of an amazing feeling (women operate on "all the feelz") created in-person. I can see how IG can create perceptions too so I see the point you're making. In the first chapter of "The Rational Male: The Players Handbook", the topic of how dating is now brand management is discussed. I agree with Rollo that dating is now brand management. IG is about creating the brand of you online, whereas I see creating the brand of you based on what happens in real life.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a believer in taking the phone and technology out of the equation as much as possible. Technology seems to cause more issues in seduction than it solves. Think about online dating websites and later swipe apps. Online dating websites were created as a response to issues men were experiencing in the bar scene in the 1970s-early 1990s. It was intended to make things easier for men struggling to get results at bars but instead served as a key part of worsening the whole environment.
When I ditched this methodology and learned text/OLD game, my flake rates plummeted and I started getting more dates. The issue is that you do not know anything about this girl and most girls have 2-3 backup options in the pipeline so I’m not going to waste my time with a time waster. Plus, having an initial connection could help set you apart from the Chad that she just matched with.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I ditched this methodology and learned text/OLD game, my flake rates plummeted and I started getting more dates. The issue is that you do not know anything about this girl and most girls have 2-3 backup options in the pipeline so I’m not going to waste my time with a time waster. Plus, having an initial connection could help set you apart from the Chad that she just matched with.
This response makes no sense to me.

I thought excessive flaking was a symptom of doing online dating improperly. Flaking can occur from in-person interactions too. As for getting more dates, most people arrange fewer dates from in-person efforts than tech-based efforts. In tech-based dating, someone can arrange more quantity of dates simply because of thousands of interactions vs. far fewer interactions in the real world. The point of arranging dates from in-person methods is not quantity of dates, the point of higher quality first dates leading to more second dates.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This response makes no sense to me.

I thought excessive flaking was a symptom of doing online dating improperly. Flaking can occur from in-person interactions too. As for getting more dates, most people arrange fewer dates from in-person efforts than tech-based efforts. In tech-based dating, someone can arrange more quantity of dates simply because of thousands of interactions vs. far fewer interactions in the real world. The point of arranging dates from in-person methods is not quantity of dates, the point of higher quality first dates leading to more second dates.
High flake rates are received from improper OLD. You have already hit the nail with the hammer with quantity difference. OLD it’s a stranger that you have never seen in person, so serial dating on there without properly screening out women can result in a nightmare.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High flake rates are received from improper OLD. You have already hit the nail with the hammer with quantity difference. OLD it’s a stranger that you have never seen in person, so serial dating on there without properly screening out women can result in a nightmare.
The tech-based methods of dating are not easy to do. Neither is in-person approaching. The tech-based methods of dating were created because arranging dates from in-person methods was so difficult in the 1970s-1990s and remains difficult to this day.

Women today have the opportunity to go on so many more dates than in eras past. An average "5" on Bumble or Hinge gets more male attention than top supermodel Elle MacPherson received in 1988 (MacPherson was on the cover of the SI Swimsuit Issue from 1986-1988). Back in 1988, the only way that a man could ask Elle MacPherson out on a date was to see her in-person somewhere or make a phone call/send her management agency a direct mail piece. I'm sure some men in 1988 did call her management agency and send mail to her agency trying to get her in-person. If you're a 30 year old "5" today, you're getting approached in-person, on swipe apps, and from your social media DMs on multiple platforms (mainly Instagram, but also Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook), which means you have more quantity of options than supermodel Elle MacPherson in 1988.

Doing things in-person like @Jesse Pinkman is doing takes a lot of courage and dedication. Even if I may be critical of his use of IG, he's overall doing the right thing by attempting to start his seductions in-person.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The tech-based methods of dating are not easy to do. Neither is in-person approaching. The tech-based methods of dating were created because arranging dates from in-person methods was so difficult in the 1970s-1990s and remains difficult to this day.

Women today have the opportunity to go on so many more dates than in eras past. An average "5" on Bumble or Hinge gets more male attention than top supermodel Elle MacPherson received in 1988 (MacPherson was on the cover of the SI Swimsuit Issue from 1986-1988). Back in 1988, the only way that a man could ask Elle MacPherson out on a date was to see her in-person somewhere or make a phone call/send her management agency a direct mail piece. I'm sure some men in 1988 did call her management agency and send mail to her agency trying to get her in-person. If you're a 30 year old "5" today, you're getting approached in-person, on swipe apps, and from your social media DMs on multiple platforms (mainly Instagram, but also Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook), which means you have more quantity of options than supermodel Elle MacPherson in 1988.

Doing things in-person like @Jesse Pinkman is doing takes a lot of courage and dedication. Even if I may be critical of his use of IG, he's overall doing the right thing by attempting to start his seductions in-person.
Yeah I would never do what @Jesse Pinkman is doing right now, so kudos to him. Idk who I argued with this before, but I basically stated that 95% of a woman’s options do not matter and you shouldn’t be worried about them. If you are competing with the 95% then you are already losing the battle. I guess I will make a topic about it later to further elaborate and how you can overcome in.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In attraction-seduction, the phone has caused issues for multiple generations of men, going back to era of landline phones.

I don't think any man needs to build interest from sending text messages. I think that's the wrong way to think about text messages. Men are to build interest in real life from real life interactions. This is why I arrange the first date and its details in person. The phone number collection is an afterthought in that interaction. When I'm approaching, I either have created enough value from the in-person interaction to arrange a date or I have not for some reason. Attraction and seduction are about building value in-person and no amount of phone calls, text messages, IG posts, or IG stories solves that.

As a result, it's difficult for me to believe that IG streamlines seduction. It might appear that way based on how someone looks at it. The right way to look at attraction-seduction is that it is an person art/science rather than a distance art/science. IG isn't supposed to do the work to get the date. The first date needs to be obtained due to the creation of an amazing feeling (women operate on "all the feelz") created in-person. I can see how IG can create perceptions too so I see the point you're making. In the first chapter of "The Rational Male: The Players Handbook", the topic of how dating is now brand management is discussed. I agree with Rollo that dating is now brand management. IG is about creating the brand of you online, whereas I see creating the brand of you based on what happens in real life.
I never said that a good Instagram can make up for bad game, that good initial interaction needs to be there and she needs to be attracted to you. If she is not attracted to you, then no amount of good IG or text game or DMs and stories is going to save you. Ideally, for nightgame, you pull that night and for daygame, you have the date the next day. Unfortunately, a lot of times, it does not work like that.

What IG does that text does not is it can keep girls who are already attracted much more easily engaged with you and give you a better direction on how strong their attraction is. If she follows you back, she is legitimately curious. If she likes your stories, she is interested and really wants you to escalate. It also makes it easier for her to let you know she is still interested.

In an ideal scenario, you pull that night and get with her or you meet her later in the day or tomorrow for drinks. A lot of times, life gets in the way. It is tough to stay in touch through text. On IG, you can stay in touch, meet up with her days later, or connect with her when she is in town again because you happened to close her when it was her last day traveling. I have had lays that way as well and IG makes it possible to stay engaged with women.

It is not the effort of texting, you are going on your life journey, sharing it, and she is getting to watch and continue to let you know she is interested.

Sometimes, I have had women who were only soft closes and in relationships or just not available at that time add me on IG and then months later see a story they liked, happened to be available, and wanted to go on a date. Again, it makes it really seamless for you after you have built that initial spark.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happened with the group?
I will go more in-depth about it on a future post since I have been meaning to write more about the current state of the pickup community. However, to make a very long story short, the founder of the group who is largely inactive let a handful of guys on a power trip that suck with women turn the whole place into a Black Pill forum instead of a field report heavy group where you find wings and do approaches. As a result, I just quit but had a few arguments to boot which led to a lot of dudes who know me IRL telling me to cool off a bit. We all collectively left and the group is all black pilled incels now.

The drama is the fact that I got into it with a couple of the leaders who were trying to push social circle game products on me when I just wanted to cold approach. They also said a lot of things about social circle game which are BS. Then I got into it with other members mad that I would not invite them to some of the parties I have had but these dudes are so weird around women that I could never.

I should have learned from my really good Wing and left months ago tbh.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No game update for this week yet as I have been a shut in. Got some important career-related things going on so I will not be able to share the updates as I like for the rest of this week most likely, at least not until Friday. It's tough for me until the end of Thursday with some key things going on. However, I was wondering depending on how the creation of a field reports section goes on this website to have a contest.

I call it the "Mack Of The Month" contest where users who are putting in work, getting results, and proving they do through receipts (texts, nudes, etc. like @LucianoM has done) can be recognized. Whoever shows the most valid receipts in a month gets to be the Mack Of The Month, heck, @SW15 can moderate that contest.

If someone gets it many times then we may as well call them a Certified Mack suited to give advice on here.

It is all up in the air though because if they don't do a private field reports section where men can safely show off receipts, then it is a pipe dream.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girl in my gym dropped her keys and I picked them up and tried to give it her. She had on AirPods so she didn’t hear me screaming at her, I had to borderline jump in her face to grab her attention. Is this the type of shvt you put up with?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girl in my gym dropped her keys and I picked them up and tried to give it her. She had on AirPods so she didn’t hear me screaming at her, I had to borderline jump in her face to grab her attention. Is this the type of shvt you put up with?
This is a relatable story to my approaching. Way too many women wear earbuds and become mainly unapproachable like this.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I may start my own going out/approach thread but i am already in the game. Went out tonight and will likely write about it tomorrow