Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesse Pinkman's approach/field reports thread.

Reaction score
September 16th

Where do I even begin. Tonight ended a lot quicker than it even started and maybe it's all on me, maybe it is not. Man, I swear nothing is going my way this week because get 3 emails before heading out telling me they had rejected my application and all of this after I get told that the job I was supposed to start in November had pulled my offer. I mean what in the actual heck man....

So I head out and wow, shocked myself, the bar that is usually packed was super empty for the most part. Now this is an outdoors bar and it has been raining all week but the forecast was clear for today. I go and its abnormally empty compared to most weeks.
Are you driving to bars, walking, or ubering lol. Is it odd to solo game in Miami because here in Houston everyone goes in groups?

Also, I have quit a job without something lined up twice. The first time, I got a better job in like a month, which made me feel like I was the shvt lol. The one I have now took me about 9 months to get and an extra 5 months to financially get to dirt after getting the job lol. This Summer and November-January were the worst periods lol.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you driving to bars, walking, or ubering lol. Is it odd to solo game in Miami because here in Houston everyone goes in groups?

Also, I have quit a job without something lined up twice. The first time, I got a better job in like a month, which made me feel like I was the shvt lol. The one I have now took me about 9 months to get and an extra 5 months to financially get to dirt after getting the job lol. This Summer and November-January were the worst periods lol.
Ubering, always. Usually Lyft ride share though since its cheap as heck.

Never drive if I drink.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it odd to solo game in Miami because here in Houston everyone goes in groups?
It is odd to solo game in bars in mostly any city. However, most women won't call you out on it. I've done plenty of solo approaches at bars over the years. Solo approaching is easier in non-bar venues because isolation is easier in non-bar venues. Women don't go out to bars alone in any city due to the risk level. As a solo guy, you're going to have to find a way to break into 2 and 3 sets.

Ubering, always. Usually Lyft ride share though since its cheap as heck.

Never drive if I drink.
For getting the same night lay, it is easier to be within walking distance of a bar than needing to convince a woman to take an Uber/Lyft ride, even if it is a short Uber/Lyft. I knew one guy in my early years in Dallas whose apartment was about a 10 minute ride from some of the bar districts in Dallas. He didn't have problems getting women from the bar to come back to his apartment in a cab (this was the early 2010s before Uber/Lyft replaced cabs). It's the same idea with Uber/Lyft.

Tonight ended a lot quicker than it even started and maybe it's all on me, maybe it is not. Man, I swear nothing is going my way this week because get 3 emails before heading out telling me they had rejected my application and all of this after I get told that the job I was supposed to start in November had pulled my offer. I mean what in the actual heck man....

So I head out and wow, shocked myself, the bar that is usually packed was super empty for the most part. Now this is an outdoors bar and it has been raining all week but the forecast was clear for today. I go and its abnormally empty compared to most weeks.
It's difficult to attract-seduce when unemployed or in a toxic work situation because a lot of male SMV is tied to income/job-related stuff. I had a difficult time when I was unemployed implementing the tactics from Roosh's "Getting Laid when Unemployed" article.

I wasn't feeling it guys. Day 5 no fap and I was not feeling it. However, I screwed up royally and this is on me.

I am not myself right now at all and felt like this week has really beaten up and beaten a lot out of me. Nothing is going my way.
Keep nofap going!

I approach a blonde 2 set which were wearing the same colors as me, one was receptive and the other was not.
Was your opener a comment on the colors? That's a decent opener.

I then approach a 3 set commenting on the vibe of the bar, one is receptive. It is going alright and then they mention anxiety and hear this, I say "oh if I am giving yall anxiety I'll leave yall to be". They say not at all and then say it was a convo they were having and I excuse myself from the set.
Environmental openers can work. That just sounds like a disinterested set. 3 sets are tough for a solo guy. A competent wing can help distract on a 3 set. Sometimes on a 3 set in a bar, two women will talk to each other and you can get 1-on-1 with one of the women.

I always found this Roosh article useful in determining approachability for women.

Roosh was not a big fan of approaching women in groups larger than 3. 3 was the max. Women in groups larger than 3 were not serious about meeting men. I have found this idea has had a lot of merit in my approaching over the years.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, today is day6 of NoFap and did have a few sexual thoughts going through my mind but not much of a hard on or aggression either. Something must be up. I will let the rest of the day play out and go from there because perhaps it could be that NoFap does not have the benefits for me that I thought it did. We will see. The plan is to definitely do some daygame today but it is set to rain all day so I might just need to do mall game if it comes to that. Going to have to learn from the past week of daygame and see what I can do better. Actually going out and running game is going to help me out more and get a better gage of how helpful NoFap has been.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually going out and running game is going to help me out more and get a better gage of how helpful NoFap has been.
NoFap is a motivator to go out and do approaches but those approaches need to convert into something meaningful.

I might just need to do mall game if it comes to that.
What have your experiences been with mall game? I did mall game prior to the pandemic. I was noticeably less effective in malls than grocery stores in that era and I could never truly pinpoint why that happened.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What have your experiences been with mall game? I did mall game prior to the pandemic. I was noticeably less effective in malls than grocery stores in that era and I could never truly pinpoint why that happened.
In Miami, you kind of HAVE to do mall game to some degree. The two major daygame spots are in some sort of a mall setting. Brickell has a massive mall. However, I find that if the mall has stores outside of it or a massive shopping complex that is more outdoors then mall game is good. For indoors, I find that you have to be quite discreet and keep a low profile. Miami malls have security walking around all over and some of these are muscular cops with guns, it is how they keep the city safer than say an NYC.

I have found approaching indoors to be a bit intimidating and you do get more eyes on you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Miami, you kind of HAVE to do mall game to some degree. The two major daygame spots are in some sort of a mall setting. Brickell has a massive mall. However, I find that if the mall has stores outside of it or a massive shopping complex that is more outdoors then mall game is good. For indoors, I find that you have to be quite discreet and keep a low profile. Miami malls have security walking around all over and some of these are muscular cops with guns, it is how they keep the city safer than say an NYC.

I have found approaching indoors to be a bit intimidating and you do get more eyes on you.
Interesting. I agree with you that approaching strangers is easier with outdoor walking between retail locations. I've done more approaching in indoor malls, which I found challenging, even following Roosh's "Day Bang" mall methodology flawlessly.

It would be possible to daygame Dallas effectively and never go to a mall, but you'd need to do a ton of path approaching of women wearing earbuds + some grocery store approaching.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I agree with you that approaching strangers is easier with outdoor walking between retail locations. I've done more approaching in indoor malls, which I found challenging, even following Roosh's "Day Bang" mall methodology flawlessly.

It would be possible to daygame Dallas effectively and never go to a mall, but you'd need to do a ton of path approaching of women wearing earbuds + some grocery store approaching.
Dude the ear buds piece is just crazy. So many women wear them here in Miami and it's insane too because it makes approaching tougher. I have missed about 2 to 3 sets per daygame approach due to earbuds and airpods.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude the ear buds piece is just crazy. So many women wear them here in Miami and it's insane too because it makes approaching tougher. I have missed about 2 to 3 sets per daygame approach due to earbuds and airpods.
If you go to the 2 main walking paths in Dallas, 90%+ of women are wearing earbuds/airpods. Most gyms have a ridiculous number of earbud/airpod/headphone wearers too. Back when I was in college (2001-2005), only about 15-20% of gym women were wearing earbuds/headphones with early generation iPods. By 2011, that number was 80%+. I don't think it's gotten much higher since 2011 because we reached the market saturation point.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you go to the 2 main walking paths in Dallas, 90%+ of women are wearing earbuds/airpods. Most gyms have a ridiculous number of earbud/airpod/headphone wearers too. Back when I was in college (2001-2005), only about 15-20% of gym women were wearing earbuds/headphones with early generation iPods. By 2011, that number was 80%+. I don't think it's gotten much higher since 2011 because we reached the market saturation point.
I have heard some women wear them as a fashion statement too even if they are not listening to music.

Oh and it just started pouring big time where I live, indoor daygame it is lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and it just started pouring big time where I live, indoor daygame it is lol.
Indoor mall?

I've never heard you discuss grocery store game. With grocery store game, you actually have to buy a few items to run game in the grocery store. In the mall, you don't have to buy anything. That's always relevant but much more relevant when unemployed.

Reaction score
Indoor mall?

I've never heard you discuss grocery store game. With grocery store game, you actually have to buy a few items to run game in the grocery store. In the mall, you don't have to buy anything. That's always relevant but much more relevant when unemployed.
the hottest girls I see are at HEB lol

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indoor mall?

Funny you mention that actually, you gave me an idea. I'll report back to you shortly ;)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the hottest girls I see are at HEB lol
For those reading this who don't live in Texas, HEB is a standard regional grocery store, much like an Albertsons or a Kroger. HEB also owns a chain of 10 upscale grocery stores under the Central Market brand. Central Market is comparable to Whole Foods, though not quite as expensive.

Dallas doesn't have HEB, although HEB is planning to open some stores in the far north suburbs of Dallas soon. Dallas does have Central Market, which is owned by HEB.

There are 3 Central Market locations in Dallas, 1 in Plano, and 1 in Southlake (Southlake is a suburb that could be called in between Dallas and Fort Worth).

1 of the 3 Central Market (CM) locations in Dallas has some hot women. I've done approaches there. The other 2 CM locations are in Dallas areas where mostly married women and some 40+ divorcees would live. I would imagine those 2 CM locations get a mostly married and older divorcee female customer base.

Why do you think HEB has hot women in the Houston area? There's also one Central Market in Houston. Have you been there?

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the local grocery store was largely dead too lol. No sets to open there whatsoever. I shopped very light and will buy rest of the stuff tomorrow. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Grocery store approaching is a bit challenging.

I think the biggest element to success in grocery store approaching is selecting grocery stores in areas known to be near hubs of unmarried people in any metro area. Nothing is going to happen at a grocery store in an area near mainly families in the suburbs.

Next, the visit has to be timed well. @Jesse Pinkman did a good job with a late afternoon Saturday time selection. Most weekend times are solid for approaching. Some guys can do ok on weeknights after working hours. I still think the weekend is best for approaching.

I also think some grocery chains are better than others. I think Walmart is near the bottom of options for approaching. Whole Foods and Sprouts women are some of the fittest. Most Kroger or Albertsons brands will fall somewhere in the middle in terms of quality and approachability. @Jesse Pinkman has Publix in Florida, a major Southeast regional grocer. The Publix experience is likely on bar with Kroger or Albertsons brands.

Grocery store approaching, even if selecting well for brand, location, and time of day, involves a lot of lingering and waiting for good approach options to happen. 1-3 approaches per hour in store is about what I was able to accomplish when I was doing a lot of it.

I've gotten the most dates at Kroger and have daygamed a variety of grocery stores over time.