"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Jealousy, Anger & Pride

StudMeister

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Your Bedroom
Hey Guys.

WoW, its great to finally come back to SoSuave. Here is my problem.

My current Girlfriend is on Spring Vacation with my EX-GF. I hate that girl with a passion, my girlfriend considers her the best friend she ever had. Both of them are in Washington.

I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 months now and I am very happy with her. Sex is good and she has a great personality. But, I have noticed subtle changes. I used to be a REVENGE taking, womanizing, cigar smoking and drinking, sly S.O.B.

When the both of us met, she was fine with that. But now she disapproves of me having a good time and sure enough has changed me into a poster boy. I have met her mom and she is really taken by me. We have gotten into a regular cycle of saying that we miss each other and that we "love" each other like its no thing. She has called everyday while on vacation and I chatted with her when she was online a few hours ago.

I am afraid because, I am not sure how to act when some of our conversations take a unique twist. Example, she tells me about other guys, but then re-assures me she would never cheat on me, I want to stay cool, but I have a reputation for not doing that. She now has the testicular fortitude to say certain things to me like ... don't use smiley's they are gay and your my boyfriend so your not allowed, first time ever she told me this, to her defense she is on vacation with my EX who is unaware of her friend and myself being an item (aka, I pretend that I am somebody completely different), I just stayed cool.

When she comes back I want to get back my ground. She need to feel as though, I am not such a controllable thing. How can I gain this back, in such a way that she will not leave for good? I do not like girls mouthing off to me or even pretending to have the upper hand. I never let anyone do it, except her, I dont know how it happened but what steps can I take so that she will wonder about me again?

Thanks.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Lol she told you that you couldnt use smilies? Smilies rock, they are the only way to show if your joking or what not on the internet. Tell her that you'll use them if you want Haha.
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by StudMeister
don't use smiley's they are gay and your my boyfriend so your not allowed, first time ever she told me this, to her defense she is on vacation with my EX who is unaware of her friend and myself being an item (aka, I pretend that I am somebody completely different), I just stayed cool.

When she comes back I want to get back my ground. She need to feel as though, I am not such a controllable thing. How can I gain this back, in such a way that she will not leave for good? I do not like girls mouthing off to me or even pretending to have the upper hand. I never let anyone do it, except her, I dont know how it happened but what steps can I take so that she will wonder about me again?

Thanks.
Umm, how about not letting her get away with saying those things that she now has the testicular fortitude to say? The answer is right there in front of you, all that's left is to take it. And why is she hiding your relationship with her from her best friend anyways?
 

StudMeister

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Your Bedroom
The best friend is my EX and that girl is not very understanding and she does not want to lose her friend. Secondly, how can I not make her say it? I asked how to act when she is finished sayin it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

joey37

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
243
Reaction score
1
Dude, if you don't think your current girlfriend has already told your ex what's up, you're pretty stupid.


Why do you think these "subtle" changes are happening? I'm telling you, when you get two girls together and both have dated the same guy.......it's not usually good for him.
 

StudMeister

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Your Bedroom
Trust me, she is deathly afraid of telling her friend. It did not happen the sublte changes are her taking power and feeling that feminist vibe coming from my EX, who believes in a no put out and dont give a rats sh1t about a guy policy.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
I agree there joey. The EX might've somehow influenced your GF to disliking you more. Sometimes words can be really strong.


BTW, I'm still going to hunt that b*tch down (Your ex-gf) ;).
 

StudMeister

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Your Bedroom
I'll check her when she comes back. Non of that feminist sh1t is gonna be happenin, I am sick of it. The Ex is just a ****blockin attention *****, nothing more, nothing less.
 

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
Just three comments.

When she says stop using smiley faces, I'd take that to heart. She doesn't want a smiley face dude to be fvcking her, does she.

Second, chicks on vacation away from their boyfriends usually cheat. Watch her reaction when she gets back. Give her a few days to settle back into her Real Life tm (as opposed to the exciting vacation road) and see how she reacts to you. It won't be difficult to tell. She'll either jump your bones on the spot or act distant. But give her a few days before you start asking for time with her.

Third, quit being an AFC if you think you have been.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top