"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Jealous women and cheating

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
When I was younger, I used to think that when a g/f expressed jealousy (over previous girlfriends, being friends with an ex or past sexual activity) it was a good sign that they were really into me.

But, I've met a few women (and dated some of them) that have adverse cheating histories but are also incredibly jealous. I don't try to theorize just for the fun of it, but I think that the jealousy comes from insecurity/low self esteem, which also makes people more vulnerable to cheating (someone paying attention to them, making them feel attractive).

A lot of these girls make it sound as if their cheating is the fault of their b/fs because they are not attentive enough, but in some cases it's the nice guy getting cheated on too.

Anyone have a reaction or thought?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
My conversation partner for English was some one like that.
Since I was an "outsider", she just used me to better her French, and I just used her to improve my English, I don't know any of her friends, so she could tell me everything about her.
:D
So this girl looks like she's just like a normal girl, she doesn't dress provocatively or anything, she only dresses up when she goes out.
But she makes NO apologies when it comes to cheating. If she's not happy with the boyfriend, she will cheat, there's nothing bad according to her. Oh wait, there's one bad thing: she complains that he won't know anyway, so she doesn't get a full revenge...
:eek:
On the other hand, it looks like she can't live without a boyfriend. I still don't understand why. Wherever she goes, she always gets a boyfriend, and she will drop him as soon as she leaves. But the irony is that she "has self-respect", she never "gets together" with strangers for cheating, it should be some one she has some connection with.

I guess some girls are just weird in a way that you can't even imagine. At least I learned that with her.
:D
 

ShortTimer

Banned
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
917
Reaction score
1
Location
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by JohnJones
A lot of these girls make it sound as if their cheating is the fault of their b/fs because they are not attentive enough, but in some cases it's the nice guy getting cheated on too.
That's because women refuse to ever take responcibility for any of their actions.

God, I'm starting to sound like PRL.
 

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
I think its true that they don't take responsibility (or rather, don't suffer any real consequenses).

Anyway, I used to think that jealousy was at worst the possibility of bad drama or a high maintenence woman.

Now I know that its a big red flag on a personal level.
 
Top