Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Japanese firm offers "heartache leave" for staff

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just holding my tongue for now....

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually don't think this is all that bad of an idea. When my fiance left me (back when I was an AFC) I took my week's holidays because I knew there was no way in hell I could function on my job. It was still difficult the week that I came back.

IMO, one or two days isn't enough to be "refreshed" especially if you live with the person. The drama that takes place when a couple go their seperate ways can be a b1tch to deal with, along with all the emotions that are flying high.

A relative of mine is going through a seperation right now, and he had LOTS of trouble functioning at his job, despite taking a week off himself.

When you're running a company, the last thing you need is a heartbroken fool fvcking things up for everybody. You're better off giving him/her paid leave rather than paying them to fvck things up.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with Des on this.

I had one really bad breakup when I was a lot younger/chumpier and made the mistake of showing up to work. I remember making many trips to the stock room because it was the only place I could cry in peace. In terms of actual work , I got very little done that week and made several big mistakes that almost got me fired.

At the same time, I could see this being abused. Can you imagine someone taking a week off because his cold approach didn't go so well? :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I actually don't think this is all that bad of an idea. When my fiance left me (back when I was an AFC) I took my week's holidays because I knew there was no way in hell I could function on my job. It was still difficult the week that I came back.

IMO, one or two days isn't enough to be "refreshed" especially if you live with the person. The drama that takes place when a couple go their seperate ways can be a b1tch to deal with, along with all the emotions that are flying high....
You just hit on exactly what I was holding my tongue about. How the heck can they get over their ex's in a day or two and it takes most people over here weeks or even months? :confused: Not to say that it can't be done but maybe we're a bit more screwed up over here.

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
You just hit on exactly what I was holding my tongue about. How the heck can they get over their ex's in a day or two and it takes most people over here weeks or even months? :confused: Not to say that it can't be done but maybe we're a bit more screwed up over here.
Well from what I've experienced, and know about the Japanese culture is that they're very collective as a people. as opposed to the individualistic nature of the US, UK, and most of Europe. Showing strong negative emotion causes them to lose face, because it's just not the done thing. Apparently, when kids are involved, there are very, very few separations/divorces.

Last night in my Japanese class, my tutor said that Japanese homes are very easy to break into, because people just wouldn't consider breaking in. She said that generally, a Japanese person would not steal from someone else, because he/she would be completely disowned and outcast by all of their family and friends. Apparently most of the crime in Japan is comitted by foreigners.

I went off on a little bit of a tangent, but I find this all very interesting and wanted to give a little insight into how different their mentality is to ours.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SAFC said:
Well from what I've experienced, and know about the Japanese culture is that they're very collective as a people. as opposed to the individualistic nature of the US, UK, and most of Europe. Showing strong negative emotion causes them to lose face, because it's just not the done thing. Apparently, when kids are involved, there are very, very few separations/divorces.

Last night in my Japanese class, my tutor said that Japanese homes are very easy to break into, because people just wouldn't consider breaking in. She said that generally, a Japanese person would not steal from someone else, because he/she would be completely disowned and outcast by all of their family and friends. Apparently most of the crime in Japan is committed by foreigners.

I went off on a little bit of a tangent, but I find this all very interesting and wanted to give a little insight into how different their mentality is to ours.
No good post. I haven't had a chance to spend any length of time in that area of the world but from the stories I've been told, you are spot on. It's a completely different culture than over here and self restraint is held at a much higher level than here in the states. Actually, the scary thing is that over here people will scream that it's their inalienable right to jump off half ****ed as the biggest twit with an opinion.

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
No good post. I haven't had a chance to spend any length of time in that area of the world but from the stories I've been told, you are spot on. It's a completely different culture than over here and self restraint is held at a much higher level than here in the states. Actually, the scary thing is that over here people will scream that it's their inalienable right to jump off half ****ed as the biggest twit with an opinion.
Hah yeah, it's similar over here in the UK! I actually saw a Japanese girl for a while last year, she spent a year here studying. I learned a lot from here, both sexually and just as a person. She was always very composed, and she rarely got flustered, even when faced with situations that, although common to the likes of me and you, were very diffcult for her. She lived in an area where strong dialects were prevelant, and understanding them must have been hell for someone who's language is so different to their own. I myself have a strong accent, and it's not the same as the one spoken where I live currently.

One of the greatest things she's done for me, is help me become a more patient, measured person. I spent a lot of time and energy on her (ooh-err!), but in the end, it was well worth it for both of us.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perhaps that two days is not for "getting over "someone , perhaps it is more of two days of "lying in bed crying and can't get up" time?