Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jacket: black vs brown leather?

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
?
I never dress up fancy, just jeans and a nice top and brown timbs.
Want to get a leather jacket but don't know if I should go with brown or black.
Black goes with more stuff but I almost always wear brown boots so would it be ok to pair a black jacket with brown shoes?
I could always get black shoes but like I said I wear nothing but jeans and I think black shoes look kind of cheesy with jeans.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you ask such things from people who are hundreds of miles away, who know nothing about you?

So, I'm guessing, if everyone on this site told you to get a pink leather jacket cause it attractz da ladiez, you would?

You shouldnt even be asking us on this kind of advice. Learn to think for yourself.

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, he's not asking us to pick a wife for him. Style questions like this are pretty uniform. I'd go with brown because wearing a black jacket with brown shoes makes me a little uncomfortable, but the only leather accessories that absolutely have to match are your shoes and your belt. So get a pink leather jacket like Kidd said. :p

By the way, there's nothing wrong with wearing black shoes and jeans.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kidd.... cause it attracts the ladies?? Don't recall saying I was buying a jacket just to attract ladies, Why do you make up such things about people who are hundreds of miles away, who you know nothing about?
Seriously kid (pun intenden), don't ever put words in my mouth and don't waste board space with a completely useless reply.

Now, back on topic I think i'm just going to go with a VERY VERY dark brown jacket. Saw this guy wearing one the other day and it looked killer, almost black from far away but once you got close it was a really dark brown.
I'd just get both but I live in TX and I might need a jacket about once or twice a year, if I find a really good deal I might just go with both though.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you normally wear brown shoes, Brown Jacket.

" " " " Black " , Black "

PS. Some people have trouble learning good style. So please shut up about the "OMG DON'T ASK FOR ADVICE REPLIES" because they are gay and no one cares about your opinion on the matter.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
If you normally wear brown shoes, Brown Jacket.

" " " " Black " , Black "

PS. Some people have trouble learning good style. So please shut up about the "OMG DON'T ASK FOR ADVICE REPLIES" because they are gay and no one cares about your opinion on the matter.
I'll add on to what he said here:

Actually, I think you're supposed to match everything leather (watch band if leather, belt/braces, hat if leather, jacket, shoes/boots, briefcase).

Personally, I like black better because I think it looks kind of slick, in a similar way that a black suit would look slick. But whatever floats your boat man, just try to match.

Ben

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black is a much better color for arousing a sexual response. When people see the color black, the brain thinks "nighttime, cold, cuddle, fvck."

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
Black is a much better color for arousing a sexual response. When people see the color black, the brain thinks "nighttime, cold, cuddle, fvck."
That is an interesting theory, where did you come up with that?

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would choose a medium brown or dark brown because it goes better with the different seasons, like fall when the leaves turn brown, cool summer nights, or winter, plus brown has more of a "casual" look, thats why most casual leather shoes are brown.

black has the look of dominance or authority, thats why policeman wear black leather coats.

black also looks more "dressy" and would go better with slacks, since you normally wear jeans, brown would be the best choice.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillingTime
Kidd.... cause it attracts the ladies?? Don't recall saying I was buying a jacket just to attract ladies, Why do you make up such things about people who are hundreds of miles away, who you know nothing about?
Seriously kid (pun intenden), don't ever put words in my mouth and don't waste board space with a completely useless reply.
You're right.

I did not think when I wrote. I apologize for the dumb reply. There is nothing wrong with asking for advice.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also think brown leather goes better with faded denim jeans, black has too much contrast with faded denim.

Ziroh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wear my black leather coat so when people want to know who I am my friends tell them Im "the guy with the black leather coat". For some reason I stand out of the crowd because of it.

Ziroh

Don Juan
Reaction score
This one is ugly. Plus, buy one made from lamb leather.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get black and brown jackets...Trust me, I must have at least 8+ leather/suede jackets and its good to switch them up all the time, wearing one jacket all the time gets lame...And like other people said, its hard for people to recommend you sh1t if there isnt a pic or anything...Plus it depends on your personality and sh1t...

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search around.. i was looking all over the place.. untill one day i walked into the store.. and there it was. I loved it as soon as i saw it.. the price tag was $400... but it was my lucky day, at 50% off i got a steal..

Great comments all the time. It is brown, short jacket vintage collection from Wilsons leather.. only 450 made.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
Get black and brown jackets...Trust me, I must have at least 8+ leather/suede jackets and its good to switch them up all the time, wearing one jacket all the time gets lame...And like other people said, its hard for people to recommend you sh1t if there isnt a pic or anything...Plus it depends on your personality and sh1t...
I have 5 Leather Jackets: 2 Black, 2 Brown and 1 Black/Brown combo.

I end up wearing 1 Black one 95% of the time.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
I have 5 Leather Jackets: 2 Black, 2 Brown and 1 Black/Brown combo.

I end up wearing 1 Black one 95% of the time.
The same 2 or 3 stay in rotation for me, but its good to have options though...