Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I've underestimated how picky women are (rant)

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've long been aware that women in general today are picky in regards to the men they go for but it was far worse than I thought originally.

I totally get why an attractive woman wouldn't go for a man who is obese, has poor hygiene, etc. However, I've also seen women have these ridiculous standards that are rather confusing to me.

This is a story I have shared on here, but I used to hang out with a guy that worked at a bank and he recanted a time where his coworkers set up one of the tellers on a date with someone they knew. They naturally asked her about the experience and she said she wasn't interested, to which they asked her why. She specifically stated that is was because he was overweight......but the irony is that she was fat herself lol.

Fairly recently I was having a conversation with a woman I know who is in her early 20s, she is a single mom and has physically declined for sure over the past year and is very average looking. She went on about what her "type" was and it was really specific, from the man's hair, skin tone, body type, etc. I really didn't care because she's not something I would personally consider but it was very odd to hear that.

Last year I did a social experiment on tinder and used photos from myself when I was in my early 20s, so between 21-23. I was and still am 6'4", very fit/athletically built, was definitely more handsome back then, though I still look very good for my age, etc. Anyway, I had some matches and then had these conversations where these women told me I wasn't their type. I naturally responded with a "a white man that is 6'4" in really good shape and is handsome isn't your type? Good luck".

Last year I had an average woman point out a fat woman around my age and tell me that was my league. I thought about that and wasn't sure if she was serious or not, but the idea hit me that if a white man that is 6'4" and in shape is supposed to date that what does she think of more average men?

In 2019 I went to a speed dating event, the idea popped into my mind when an older friend mentioned it and I was intrigued and wanted to give it a try. He wasn't able to go but I decided to follow through with it. Anyway, there were around 10 women, all were average and below, and out of all of them only 2 had any personality or were enjoyable to speak with. A few were full blown blatantly rude to me and I honestly left the experience regretting that I even went in the first place, which I genuinely was very angry over due to me looking forward to having a new and hopefully fun experience. It then dawned on me that there was a reason why these women were and probably still are single, which I'll get into below.

These women have a set of standards and are looking for combinations in men that I truly believe are impossible to find and naturally the result is these women are perpetually single. I now have this feeling that these women may be like this because they don't actually want a man and are doing this subconsciously. It's almost like they want to feel normal by trying to find a man but with their standards they can go back to their female friends and lament over how there are no good men left. I don't fully understand it but a feeling I get is that these standards are put in place to keep them alone in order to avoid getting hurt or disappointed. I also get the feeling that in some cases these women want to feel that they are victims of life and attain some sort of odd gratification from having other women tell them how hard their life is because they can't find a man. I also get the feeling that many of these women simply don't know what they want in life, due to both their own internal issues as well as those relating to the social programming they've had.

The main issue I see is you have a bunch of unhappy people, both men and women. Women have through their own behavior made themselves unavailable, whether or not they even realize this is uncertain. As the years pass they become increasingly lonely and unhappy and given enough time will find themselves permanently locked into this frame of existence. Men will often find that it is hard to get much of anything and will find themselves lonely as well, though not due to their own behavior. Some men will fight for the left over scraps and disregard any sense of personal standards with the women they are going for. Others will just accept that what they are looking for just isn't available but will move on with life and focus on other things, though naturally they will not be entirely happy unless they can completely let go of the desire to have a dating/sex life.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are looking for a come up, they are more concerned with impressing their female counter parts than any of us, the self image has become what the woman identifies with, not herself but herself online; let's face it, most women today are catfishing to various degrees.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that's true all the time. A buddy of mine is skinny as hell, dresses like a slob, has terribly unkempt hair and bad looking scruffy facial hair and has a super hot girlfriend. he is very arrogant and full of himself though.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easy to wave goodbye to something that truth told you never fully enjoyed anyway.
I feel sorry for the men in my situation who are fighting with their own urges to be with women
in some capacity from social to sexual. Sometimes, not often but sometimes. Asperger's is a blessing.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've long been aware that women in general today are picky in regards to the men they go for but it was far worse than I thought originally.

I totally get why an attractive woman wouldn't go for a man who is obese, has poor hygiene, etc. However, I've also seen women have these ridiculous standards that are rather confusing to me.

This is a story I have shared on here, but I used to hang out with a guy that worked at a bank and he recanted a time where his coworkers set up one of the tellers on a date with someone they knew. They naturally asked her about the experience and she said she wasn't interested, to which they asked her why. She specifically stated that is was because he was overweight......but the irony is that she was fat herself lol.

Fairly recently I was having a conversation with a woman I know who is in her early 20s, she is a single mom and has physically declined for sure over the past year and is very average looking. She went on about what her "type" was and it was really specific, from the man's hair, skin tone, body type, etc. I really didn't care because she's not something I would personally consider but it was very odd to hear that.

Last year I did a social experiment on tinder and used photos from myself when I was in my early 20s, so between 21-23. I was and still am 6'4", very fit/athletically built, was definitely more handsome back then, though I still look very good for my age, etc. Anyway, I had some matches and then had these conversations where these women told me I wasn't their type. I naturally responded with a "a white man that is 6'4" in really good shape and is handsome isn't your type? Good luck".

Last year I had an average woman point out a fat woman around my age and tell me that was my league. I thought about that and wasn't sure if she was serious or not, but the idea hit me that if a white man that is 6'4" and in shape is supposed to date that what does she think of more average men?

In 2019 I went to a speed dating event, the idea popped into my mind when an older friend mentioned it and I was intrigued and wanted to give it a try. He wasn't able to go but I decided to follow through with it. Anyway, there were around 10 women, all were average and below, and out of all of them only 2 had any personality or were enjoyable to speak with. A few were full blown blatantly rude to me and I honestly left the experience regretting that I even went in the first place, which I genuinely was very angry over due to me looking forward to having a new and hopefully fun experience. It then dawned on me that there was a reason why these women were and probably still are single, which I'll get into below.

These women have a set of standards and are looking for combinations in men that I truly believe are impossible to find and naturally the result is these women are perpetually single. I now have this feeling that these women may be like this because they don't actually want a man and are doing this subconsciously. It's almost like they want to feel normal by trying to find a man but with their standards they can go back to their female friends and lament over how there are no good men left. I don't fully understand it but a feeling I get is that these standards are put in place to keep them alone in order to avoid getting hurt or disappointed. I also get the feeling that in some cases these women want to feel that they are victims of life and attain some sort of odd gratification from having other women tell them how hard their life is because they can't find a man. I also get the feeling that many of these women simply don't know what they want in life, due to both their own internal issues as well as those relating to the social programming they've had.

The main issue I see is you have a bunch of unhappy people, both men and women. Women have through their own behavior made themselves unavailable, whether or not they even realize this is uncertain. As the years pass they become increasingly lonely and unhappy and given enough time will find themselves permanently locked into this frame of existence. Men will often find that it is hard to get much of anything and will find themselves lonely as well, though not due to their own behavior. Some men will fight for the left over scraps and disregard any sense of personal standards with the women they are going for. Others will just accept that what they are looking for just isn't available but will move on with life and focus on other things, though naturally they will not be entirely happy unless they can completely let go of the desire to have a dating/sex life.
I've never tried speed dating but it doesn't surprise me that it would be a place to find biatchy women with unrealistic standards.

Also, I don't like the idea of having to pay to talk to women. I'd rather pay not to talk to them.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never tried speed dating but it doesn't surprise me that it would be a place to find biatchy women with unrealistic standards.

Also, I don't like the idea of having to pay to talk to women. I'd rather pay not to talk to them.
Before the idea came to me I honestly saw it as an opportunity to have a fun and new experience, which everyone should have here and there. However, looking back on it I honestly regretted going and if I knew that the experience was going to play out how it had I never would have gone.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before the idea came to me I honestly saw it as an opportunity to have a fun and new experience, which everyone should have here and there. However, looking back on it I honestly regretted going and if I knew that the experience was going to play out how it had I never would have gone.
It's bad enough having to read their stuck-up profiles online. Also, women tend to be rude to men that they don't like, whereas men are polite even if they're not interested.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's bad enough having to read their stuck-up profiles online. Also, women tend to be rude to men that they don't like, whereas men are polite even if they're not interested.
They weren't even cute which was what made that experience horrendous lol.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's because Disney told them they were princesses. And they believed it.

Modern Man Advice

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was she or was she below you?
I don't like to play those rating games. She was a catwalk model in her twenties, and don't get me wrong, she was still a babe, but on her way down and she knew it. I don't like to toot my own horn but I'm pleasant to look at if you have a vagina, yes.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried speed-dating in 2015 and there are no fond memories about it. Almost every woman just ask what I do for a living. I feel there are only two things most women care about: my background and my employment. Maybe if I had chad-tier looks they wouldn't be asking such questions.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried speed-dating in 2015 and there are no fond memories about it. Almost every woman just ask what I do for a living. I feel there are only two things most women care about: my background and my employment. Maybe if I had chad-tier looks they wouldn't be asking such questions.
I have the suspicion that women that resort to Speed Dating are women whose clocks are ticking and that are getting desperate.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's bad enough having to read their stuck-up profiles online.
Fight fire with fire!

My Tinder profile mentions "overvaluing your vagina", "Fatties do us both a favour and swipe left now", and "dial your expectations down".

My Bumble profile mentions "stuffy, funless, conceited women", "Swipe right or don't, I'm sincerely way past caring anymore" and "came here with high hopes but it's actually worse than Tinder".

I'm done sucking up to these clapped out *****s.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is why I screen women out now because I'm sick of dealing with crazy hopeless romantic women that just want to waste your time. I know a girl that's in her thirties that will only settle for a real Christian man that's her age or older. He also has to be hot and no kids btw.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight fire with fire!

My Tinder profile mentions "overvaluing your vagina", "Fatties do us both a favour and swipe left now", and "dial your expectations down".

My Bumble profile mentions "stuffy, funless, conceited women", "Swipe right or don't, I'm sincerely way past caring anymore" and "came here with high hopes but it's actually worse than Tinder".

I'm done sucking up to these clapped out *****s.
Haha, that's funny. They'll probably match with you just to tell you how much they hate you.