Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I've Screwed Up

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is going to be quite the mind dump and lengthy, I apologize for that in advance, I just feel like this situation that I'm in has been long in the making and it requires context to understand.

Anyhow...

At the end of the day I feel like I've let myself down, because I haven't had the tenacity to keep striving for what I've really wanted - but that's because I haven't had the understanding or experience to really know what I wanted.

Let me explain my past first. I've been with maybe 20-25 different girls, something like that. I've lost count. I don't remember a lot of these girls' names because they were insignificant, and I don't like that. Thinking back, I feel like most of my successes were fairly easy in terms of proximity to me and what I had to do to actually score. I don't feel like I completely really tackled the fear of rejection. Even now, I still have problems with it, and I know the answer for why and how I can fix the problem... But I digress.

I'm currently with a girl that I like in a lot of ways, and have trouble with in others. She's a "good girl" and I recognize that most guys would be very happy with her. She's really pretty, probably a solid 8 or 9. My family absolutely loves her, and she's shown to be very good with kids. Here's the thing, I'm practically on track to marry her. And I currently live with her.

But I have issues with her... And I feel like my weak past, in terms of women and my general approach toward life, gives me the feeling that I've left a lot to be desired. One issue with is that she is too body-conscious and won't wear short shorts, short skirts, short dresses, etc. because she thinks she's fat. It's not just that though, she'll make comments about how stuff I think is hot is trashy or slutty, and she'll NEVER make a concession. I've bought her stuff I think is hot to wear, and she'll make a regretful face and hate it. It pisses me off. She's made little attempt to make me happy in this regard, and it's depressing. Even little things, like when we're just at home relaxing, she'll wear really ugly sweats instead of some hot shorts or whatever, even knowing how much I like that.

Sex... Well, it's plain. I don't even like having sex with her because she doesn't like to "f*ck" she likes to "make love" which consists of me getting on top and ****ing her and kissing her until she orgasms and then maybe riding me afterward. She'll give me a BJ here and there, but it's not exciting. Even in the beginning it wasn't terribly exciting, and it struck me as odd even then because she's totally into me.

And now I've gone to lengths of sleeping with a couple girls that weren't even all that, girls from my past that were easy lays (different area code chicks). And I've even struck up a convo with another ex who I just thought was great in the sack and dressed hot, but I won't do anything with her because it won't be worth it since she's a BPD heh.

I try to go to the gym often, and I look pretty good right now, but not what I would call my ideal. Money's tight right now, so my clothes are lacking. I need to invest more in that.

Here's the thing, I don't know how to proceed... Do I take the good girl who on MOST levels is great, really sweet, affectionate, etc. But won't be freaky? Won't dress sexy? Etc.?

I feel like I'm getting close to the end because I'm not sure how much longer I can take the boring sex... And I also feel like I still need to develop myself because I'm not happy with my approach anxiety and lack of social support (friends). AND I could probably save more money if she wasn't in my life.

OH YA - I work with her, and we've broken up once in the past for like a week. I feel like I have to admit this crap here so that I can fully come to grips with this situation and not end up in an unhappy marriage with two kids I love but can't be the best dad who loves their mom that I can be.

OH YA - The girlfriend's dad is a complete jerk, so there are daddy issues. I mean those probably play into her body issues since he makes references to her being over weight sometimes which is ridiculous... He's a diagnosable Narcissist. She's gone to a lot of therapy to deal with him and her parents' divorce about 5 years ago.

I just feel like I've created this mess that I'm in, and I don't know how to re-start before it's too late... I do know this, I see tons of other girls all the time and it drives me nuts some times to see them at least superficially looking great. I do worry though that I may be potentially kicking this girl to the curb and finding crap girls forever (sounds kind of dumb now that I type it).

WOW this is a mess lol. OK, flame-suit on. Have at it.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
I do know this, I see tons of other girls all the time and it drives me nuts some times to see them at least superficially looking great. I do worry though that I may be potentially kicking this girl to the curb and finding crap girls forever (sounds kind of dumb now that I type it).
So the only reason you're staying in the RL is fear of being alone?

Great strategy. And real fair to her.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah - I'm staying in this so far because of the OTHER great qualities she has...

To put it in a nutshell, the sex and superficial aspect of my desires are not being met to my liking, but everything else is good. Am I an idiot to dump her over that? I can't say that I'm certain it's worth it if the sex/superficial aspect isn't satisfied to my liking.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes but that stuff is fundamental because it's about communication. She has to understand and care about you being happy, the same way you have to with her.

If that's the problem this as a little deeper than a pair of shorts unfortunately. Does that make more sense?

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand that totally - it is deeper, and I'm not sure when or if I should cut my losses. I can see cons to both staying with her and breaking up with her... I feel responsible for my current predicament for not having filtered enough, and assuming that what I was getting was what I thought it was. I certainly didn't think the issues I have with her WERE going to be an issue before hand. I mean it's not something most girls would be hung up on, at least not ones that are attractive.

EDIT: Let me add; I don't feel very confident in her ability to "get over it" and make me happy in this respect. Yes, it is about communication but I've tried to communicate this fact to her for months, and yet it's barely progressed if at all.

1 Lucky FLIP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I don't feel qualified to really answer this, but something struck me when reading your thread.

wjh said:
I feel like I'm getting close to the end because I'm not sure how much longer I can take the boring sex... And I also feel like I still need to develop myself because I'm not happy with my approach anxiety and lack of social support (friends). AND I could probably save more money if she wasn't in my life.
How could you feel like you have AA when you have been with 20-25 girls? It seems to me you feel like your self-esteem has dropped down and are worried about "growing too old" when deciding to settle with a significant other. I think some of the older regulars well tell you otherwise not to worry.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried just banging the hell out of her one night? You know...to hell with her objections and just beat it up? Act like a wild beast? My ex was prudish until I started being an ******* and making her do what I wanted. I wasn't sweet, I was rough. She would complain but she would always do it. I think she just wanted to be dominated without admitting it.

Reaction score
Alright, let's put an end to this:

Just because you have dedicated time to her, and just because she is a good girl, does not mean that you are under ANY obligation to stay with her!! There are thousands of girls out there just like her, but they WILL be sexy for you, and they WILL excite you more..........what you have here (and you already cheated on her, good for you, at least you aren't missing out on opportunities to have sex with other chicks that want you)........what you have here, is a standard case of a guy SETTLING for the first decent girl that shows him some interest...........she is not a cvnt, she is not a b1tch, and she is a good person.

GOOD FOR HER - be friends with her, THAT'S IT!

The game is reversed......YOU have low interest level, YOU have low attraction, and YOU are the shallow b1tch, except you are not a gold digger, you are a "sex digger"..........the whole not wearing sexy clothes, not trying to be sexy thing, I have dealt with it, and I have ended up dumping these girls who coincidentally were also GOOD girls, GOOD human beings..........but that is not what I wanted out of a girl who I would spend THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH!

THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE HERE - you don't want this, do you? If not, just EXIT, make it simple, there are many more really good girls out there.............you have ONE life, DO NOT ****ING SETTLE!!!!!!

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
Alright, let's put an end to this:

Just because you have dedicated time to her, and just because she is a good girl, does not mean that you are under ANY obligation to stay with her!! There are thousands of girls out there just like her, but they WILL be sexy for you, and they WILL excite you more..........what you have here (and you already cheated on her, good for you, at least you aren't missing out on opportunities to have sex with other chicks that want you)........what you have here, is a standard case of a guy SETTLING for the first decent girl that shows him some interest...........she is not a cvnt, she is not a b1tch, and she is a good person.

GOOD FOR HER - be friends with her, THAT'S IT!

The game is reversed......YOU have low interest level, YOU have low attraction, and YOU are the shallow b1tch, except you are not a gold digger, you are a "sex digger"..........the whole not wearing sexy clothes, not trying to be sexy thing, I have dealt with it, and I have ended up dumping these girls who coincidentally were also GOOD girls, GOOD human beings..........but that is not what I wanted out of a girl who I would spend THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH!

THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE HERE - you don't want this, do you? If not, just EXIT, make it simple, there are many more really good girls out there.............you have ONE life, DO NOT ****ING SETTLE!!!!!!
Yes. ^^^

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you need to get out the crayons and draw her a picture. Let her know it's a dealbreaker if it doesn't change.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WJH I feel for you, because I've been there. The time lost you're willing to gamble on her changing is something you should consider as well.

The problem is she has to be both willing to change, and emotionally capable of doing so. Communication can help the former; nothing but time can help the latter. You can try and seek out some better communication strategies; trial them out and see if it helps. If it doesn't -- you know what to do. GL

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
I just dumped my girl and the main reason she was a freak in the beginning but as soon as the lovey dovey crap started, she regressed and became boring in the sack.

She didn't give me a BJ for 3 months and I told her I'm going to find it somewhere else and I did.

Your girl has done more than enough to dump her for. Don't end up a miserable man in 10 years.

AMDG

Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
To put it in a nutshell, the sex and superficial aspect of my desires are not being met to my liking, but everything else is good.
I was in the same situation, but when I complained she changed for fear of losing me. I'd rather be alone than unhappy in a relationship - and intimacy is important.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
AMDG said:
I was in the same situation, but when I complained she changed for fear of losing me. I'd rather be alone than unhappy in a relationship - and intimacy is important.

That's what I tried to do but she didn't change.

That set off red flags that she doesn't want me enough or she has someone else.

So I did what I had to do.

Miles28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro,

I was in exactly the same position with my last serious girlfriend. Great girl, lovely nature, would do anything for me, trusted her with my life, etc, etc.

But the same things were missing in my relationship as are missing in yours. Even if a girl is a solid 8 or 9 it doesn't mean we're going to necessarily be that attracted to her. I too used to look at other girls who were objectively less good looking than my girlfriend and it would almost drive me crazy with lust. It actually wasn't a good feeling at all, I just wanted to get on with my day and then I would see some girl in a tiny skirt walk by and I'd feel this mix of lust and resentment.

I had the same dilemma as you and split up with my ex. I don't expect to find a 'better' girl than her, but I realised that at this particular time in my life it's more important for me to be free to chase other girls and become as confident as I can with women than it is to settle down with one good girl.

The decision is ostensibly a superficial one and would be criticised by many. However I have to say I'm happier for it. Although you will hear lots of cliches (especially from women) about how love is more important than sex, etc, I think sometimes people misunderstand how fundamental attraction and excitement is for us. Maybe when I'm 50 I'll be ready to settle into a comfortable but unthrilling relationship. But not now, no way. And youre a good few years younger than I am.

Now go get 'em!!

M

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue nailed it !!!! Time spent doesn't equil obligation. Get out of this tactfully because you work with her. If you have these questions about her suitability now you are looking at misery with her later. You can try to "don't care" sex her to see if she comes around but I wouldn't bet on it. Consider it a near miss (the marriage harpoon) and a lesson learned. Life's too short (and divorce too devistating) to settle for an "almost great" chick. Over and Out.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're bored with this girl at 27, imagine how freaking insane you'll be at 47!

Although I can see where most of her "lack of SEXY" are probably due to her dad's unhealthy mental influence, if you aren't happy with her, you have to let her go. Hopefully you'll find some one who turns you on a little more. And she'll be free to find a guy who likes the quiet, sweet, good-girl type.