"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

I've noticed something about this board, and it has nothing to do with women...

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
I've been coming to this site off and on for... yeesh... is it two years now? Wow. Impressive.
Yup, 15 year-old me two years ago gets board and puts something like "how to get girls" in a search engine and up pops www.SoSuave.com.
It changed my life in a lot of ways. People talk about it here all the time, how they went from pocket-protector nerds to total players/alphas/studs etc.

Yet, I've noticed this board teaching members one thing that has nothing to do with how to seduce women.

..what's that you say? Confidence? Well, yeah I guess it teaches that too. It's good at teaching that.

Self-improvement you think? Enh, well, not what I had in mind but, yeah sure I guess so.

A positive outlook on life and the world you suggest?... okay, dude that's enough, I'm cutting you off before you get TOO abstract here.

This will surprise you, I'm seeing people become better and better writers.

That's right, people here can stand on an electronic soapbox and write some REALLY good stuff! The content may be worth bull, but the quality of the writing is so fantastic that everyone believes, compliments, and admires it!

You see these posts all the time. They're EVERYWHERE around here! The bibles are full of them! They usually have some detached vague, title like "A few thoughts" or "The secret to (insert synonym to success, happiness, or the like, here)", they are rediculously long, and they'll restate some few points that have been bantered about along with a few philosophical inventions of their own, and the writing is absolutely brilliant! Then they're followed by tons and tons of congratulations on the great post and the occasional follow up imitation and/or paraphrase.

I know this is making it all sound like they're worthless, but you know as well as I do that they're not. Even if they don't typically provide much new information, the wonderful presentation teaches us something in itself, often inspiring us all to become the people we always wanted to be, to live the life weve dreamed of, and to stand tall and proud. (Oh, and also to use plenty of kino and not to stay on the phone too long.)

Keep an eye on your writing skills. If you find youself posting posts like what I've described here, apply your skills to other things. Try writing a short story or two, maybe a poem, or just a personal essay. Keep a journal, write whatever you want in it. See if you like doing it.
Many of you out there, in my opinion, have the skills to be published. Those here who don't are learning from those who do, and soon will have them themselves.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Sorry, but...

I think the writing here is horrendous. A lot of it lacks use of periods, for example. We do get some average writing here and there, myself included, but I've seen little that's actually well written. And all of it that I've seen was written by now-defunct members.
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Maybe you aren't reading between the lines...?

If I could say everything that I wanted to in plain text, and maintain your attention, your interest and for you to listen to what I have to say... I would.

That is not the case.
 

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Posting on ANY mature level message board will increase your writing skills.

And I've seen quiet a few posts here on the high school forum that have a lot to be desiered. The other threads don't have that problem as much though since nearly all of their posters are above the age of 15.

So yeah, publishing stuff on the internet will increase your writing skills no matter where your at.
 

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
True, I wasn't talking about ALL posters on the board. There are definetly people here who need work. (ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT WRIT IN AL CAPS AND DONT CHEK THERE SPELLING PUNCTUATON OR ANYTING ELSE.)

Still, its an interesting way to practice writing.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top