Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I've got a date to prom... now what?

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prom is coming up in a few weeks and a while back I posted a thread about getting a prom date. To begin, I met this girl maybe a month ago at one of my friends partys. She goes to a different school, but it's only 10 min away from my house so no big deal. I hit it off with her kinda instantly. I immediately asked her who she was and we started talking. Kinda nice. She's fun to talk to.

Ok. Here's where you guys are gonna rag on me. I got her phone number we started texting, and her friend who introduced us told me i should ask her to prom. I was iffy at first cause i just met her. I was still tryin to figure out who i wanted to go with. I didn't want to make a decision, but one day when we were texting she bluntly asked, "Are you taking me to prom?" yeah... kinda lame, I know. I basically got asked to prom.... I said yes but didn't know what to expect really. Then, this past weekend, one of my best friends and his girlfriend (the girl who introduced us), me and my prom date all hung out and it was fun. She's really cool and now I'm positive I made the right decision. Prom's not for a while and I don't realy know where to go from here. I'm interested in her i think, but I don't know what to do. I've never been in a situation like this before. Help me out experienced guys?

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
Prom is coming up in a few weeks and a while back I posted a thread about getting a prom date.
Yeah,I remember that thread. I was wondering whatever happened with the situation. You made the thread,got a couple of good suggestions and ideas from a few members,then you disappeared.

I HATE IT when guys do that. If someone is going to make a thread and receive help,the least they could do is update the thing and let everyone know if the advice they received helped them out or not.

But anyway...

Jokerisk said:
To begin, I met this girl maybe a month ago at one of my friends partys. She goes to a different school, but it's only 10 min away from my house so no big deal. I hit it off with her kinda instantly.

I immediately asked her who she was and we started talking. Kinda nice. She's fun to talk to.
Now this....is GOOD.

I don't know what your intentions are with this girl,but if it's NOT ONLY just to take her to the prom,but to possibly date her after the prom is over,then you should have enough knowledge accumulated to make that happen.

I mean the girl must have some interest in you if SHE asked you to your own prom. That's good,but the thing is this though....

if you don't do the things necessary to creat attraction in her,the interest she currently has in you will wane.

A girl's interest is like a fire. It may be burning RIGHT NOW,but unless more fuel is added,it WILL go out.

She approached you with interest,but YOU have to add the "fuel" to her attraction. If you don't,it's as good as over with.

And if you don't do it SOON,she could change her mind about being your prom date. I'm not saying she will,and I doubt she will,but you just can't set around and do nothing.

Jokersik said:
Ok. Here's where you guys are gonna rag on me.
Well I'll hold off on the ragging until I hear the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

Jokerisk said:
I got her phone number we started texting, and her friend who introduced us told me i should ask her to prom. I was iffy at first cause i just met her. I was still tryin to figure out who i wanted to go with. I didn't want to make a decision, but one day when we were texting she bluntly asked, "Are you taking me to prom?"
Hmmm....now this is interesting.

So this girl who introduced you two together told you that you should ask this girl to the prom,you didn't,then one day the girl herself just comes up and ask you if you're going to ask her to the prom.

Hmm. You happened to be in need of a prom date,then MAGICALLY OUT OF THE BLUE,this girl just comes up and asks you to ask her to the prom.

....that's one heck of a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Jokerisk said:
Then, this past weekend, one of my best friends and his girlfriend (the girl who introduced us), me and my prom date all hung out and it was fun. She's really cool and now I'm positive I made the right decision. Prom's not for a while and I don't realy know where to go from here. I'm interested in her i think, but I don't know what to do. I've never been in a situation like this before. Help me out experienced guys?

Well here's my question from earlier....

When you two text each other,WHAT DO YOU TALK ABOUT???

Also,you say you need help on what to do here. Well,it really depends on what it is you want,and what your goal is with this girl.

So question #2....

What do you want with this girl? Do you want to date her? If so,then you know the deal...you need to ask her out.

If you don't know what you want,then you can't be helped right now.

If you're lost,you ask for directions,then someone asks you where you want to go,and you reply,"I don"t know",then you can't be helped.

Once you're mind is made up and you have a CLEAR DECISION about what it is you want here,then we can help you out.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Thanks for finally updating.

It seems like this girl was interested in you, what luck! Right place, right time!

I hope this texting you're doing is on interesting stuff. This girl can still flake on you.

Keep that flame lit FTW!

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that this past weekend I also went with her to go rent my tux. So we got that out of the way.

When we text, it's really just flirting I guess. I don't know how to explain it? I want to date her tho. I don't know how to do that tho

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, also, what did you mean by, "that's one heck of a coincidence?"

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
What I meant was it's odd that you needed a date for the prom,and this girl asked you to the prom.

You said that you didn't ask this girl because you were still "iffy" on trying to decide who you wanted to take.

So if she asked you to the prom,then that means from the getgo,from even before you met her,she was expecting you to ask her to the prom.

So this girl who introduced you two must have told her that you needed a date to the prom.

That just makes me wonder if she's interested in you as a potential boyfriend,or if she just plans to go to the prom with you and that's it,nothing more than that.

But you said that you two hit it off from the beginning,so I guess everything's cool.

nismo-4

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
It seems that Pastor Igetit! was referring to the fact that you were trying to get a date to prom and a girl comes along and asks you to prom.

P.R.O.M.= Pu$$y received on midnight! Play your cards right FTW!

But back on topic, sometimes when you want to hook up with a woman, you end up with strokes of luck like this one. Stop worrying about how this series of fortunate events happened and keep the fire of interest burning inside of this girl.

Don't be intimidated, be a man. It seems things are cool between you two. And when you make jokes, don't overdo it. And you mustn't be afraid to get physical. Just make sure she's interested enough, which is your job as a man anyway.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole dating thing has never actually happened for me. I know i psyche myself out. It's just not natural like it is for my friends.

An example of our conversations is this:
Her: THat song is so gay! How do you like it?!
Me: It's amazing! How do you not like it??!
Her: I was jk! lol
Me: lol. Ok ms. country :)
Her: Why do you say that?
Me: Cause you like that music and got the whole accent. It's a good thing lol
Her: Haha, Do I really? Cause someone told me I did, but i didn't really know.
Me: Yeah you do. lol. Trust me, it's a good thing
Her:Okay, well if its not a bad thing then i guess its all good :) haha thankss
Me: My mom has one haha.
Her: Ha thats cool. Do you like country accents? lol
Me: Definitely. They're cute
Her: Lol i think they are too :) just didn't know i had one.
Me: I wish i had one...... haha... but I'm part asian.....
Her: Hahahaha well its okay. Its understandable
Me: Yeah. Haha asian guy with a country accent....
Her: I would laugh lol. It'd be funny
Me: It would be weird if i had one i think
Her: Yeah very much so. Lol your good the way you are

Just an example. I don't know what i'm supposed to do next

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you can't go with someone you haven't been intimate with. Invite her to "get to know her better"

If she denies it, screw paying $200-300 to go, when you can save that money for booze and hookers.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
The whole dating thing has never actually happened for me. I know i psyche myself out. It's just not natural like it is for my friends.

An example of our conversations is this:
Her: THat song is so gay! How do you like it?!
Me: It's amazing! How do you not like it??!
Her: I was jk! lol
Me: lol. Ok ms. country :)
Her: Why do you say that?
Me: Cause you like that music and got the whole accent. It's a good thing lol
Her: Haha, Do I really? Cause someone told me I did, but i didn't really know.
Me: Yeah you do. lol. Trust me, it's a good thing
Her:Okay, well if its not a bad thing then i guess its all good :) haha thankss
Me: My mom has one haha.
Her: Ha thats cool. Do you like country accents? lol
Me: Definitely. They're cute
Her: Lol i think they are too :) just didn't know i had one.
Me: I wish i had one...... haha... but I'm part asian.....
Her: Hahahaha well its okay. Its understandable
Me: Yeah. Haha asian guy with a country accent....
Her: I would laugh lol. It'd be funny
Me: It would be weird if i had one i think
Her: Yeah very much so. Lol your good the way you are

Just an example. I don't know what i'm supposed to do next
Well it's good that you have a date with her to go to the prom,but if you're looking for anything more than that,I wouldn't get my hopes up.

That WHOLE CONVERSATION is comfort.

A.C.S.=Attraction,COMFORT,Seduction.

There's no attraction in the convo and there's no seductiveness there either.

I HATE having to say this over and over again to you,but it looks like you might be headed towards the friendzone....once again.

Except for the part where you talk about being an asian guy,the rest of that conversation could take place between two girls and no one would think anything weird or awkward was going on.

There's nothing there to create attraction in her. No busting,no teasing,no negging,no sexual innuendo,no telling her you like the way she looks in something she'd worn,no nothing.

It's just all filler and fluff talk. Even if she did decide to go on an "offical date" with you,sooner or later she'd sense the lack of anything sexual coming from you,and it'd be friendzone city.

I just wonder what the purpose of that conversation was.

I say that because if you want to date her,then why didn't the subject of you two dating each other ever come up?

That's if you'd like to date her.

If not,then you don't need any further advice. Just keep doing what you're doing.

nismo-4

Reaction score
Pastor Igetit! nails it again!

For real, you had no sex talk, this sounds like a convo that she'd have on the phone with one of her girlfriends.

Jokerisk, you seem to be traveling to Port Friendzone, Louisiana. Spice up the convo a little with fearless sex talk if she seems into you.

Grab some balls and make a move on her. If you wait too late to escalate, you could lose the date and be left to masturbate.