I've got 25 days to really bulk up before school starts

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've finally decided to get serious about lifting and bulking up/becoming more in charge of myself before school starts back for my senior year. I'm going to continue working all year-long, but I want to come back with a 'bang' and impress the girls, of course. I'm going to be following a pretty strict regiment with my friend using a gym and some free weights (each day we work a different muscle group, obviously), and I'm also taking creatine supplements that increase my muscle growth, so I should see results faster than doing it vanilla. I'm planning on going to bed at 11pm weekdays and getting up around 8-9am and having a good breakfast and jogging a mile.

Right now I teeter between 180-185 lbs and I'm around 6'4 and I could definitely stand to put on some more muscle mass.

What are some good foods that are easy to make that are high in protein and will get me the results that I want? I'm aiming to be at least in the 190lbs range by mid-August. Please include breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I heard that eating five lighter meals over the course of the day is more effective than just eating three main meals, is this true?

Also, will whey significantly make a difference? I was planning on taking the whey a half an hour or so before the workout and then doing my routine and then taking one of the creatine tablets. That's all for now, if you guys have any other tricks or hints about bulking up in a fast (and moderately safe) way. Thanks for your guys' prompt help.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 3 weeks, all you can hope to do is build your conditioning a little, mabye shed 2-4lbs of bodyfat and gain ~2lbs of muscle(newbie gains).

At this point, you should be focusing on starting a solid program that emphasizes doing the right things day in, day out.

You'll get to where you want to be, but understand that real results take 12-18 months.

That doesn't mean sitting back and getting lazy, start now and focus on daily/weekly lifting or cardio goals.

good luck and enjoy senior year :)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
25 days isn't enough time, more like 25 months.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the first time i ever worked out I went from 130lbs to 147lbs in a month and a half just by adding two protein shakes a day! That was without gaining any fat and doing NO leg work! However, I did get bad acne because it raised my testosterone levels up the roof! ha!

that was years ago, wish I could get similar gains now!

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you could probably put on 15 lbs but most will be fat. If you are lean then 15lbs of fat might not hurt.

Mr Autobahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat lots of good fats, good protein sources and complex carbs. Two whey protein shakes a day is pretty good. Drink them before, during and after your workout when your body NEEDS protein right away. Get enough rest... because that is when your muscles grow...

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
might try a gainer product. i'm trying cytogainer i got at the gnc. Its 900 calories, 55 grams of protein, and 3 grams of creatine in 2 cups of milk. I like the results.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not enough time to see a visible difference but definitely enough time to put on a few pounds, establish a routine, and get a head start going into the school year. So just because you won't be a stud by the time you go back to school, doesn't mean this isn't a perfect time to get started.

If you're doing this to impress girls, you'll like the side effects which will help in that aspect. They will be noticeable within 25 days. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I immediately noticed my confidence and sex drive went up as a result of training.

Good luck man! As for specifics, there's a thread called the Vault, it's sticked at the top of this section and has everything you need to know.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah like the others have said, 25 days is a drop in the bucket. Getting ripped is a journey, not a destination. I'm in the process of losing fat and gaining muscle, and I've been at it since late May. The results? I've gone from 200lbs to 182-185, and I have considerably more stamina. Size 34 waist to a 31-32.

You won't see results overnight, but you have to keep at it for the long haul

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So after school starts you won't do anything?
don't bother then.

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
So after school starts you won't do anything?
don't bother then.
What he said. ^^

Although, you said you're going to stick with it through the year, it sounds like you're looking for a quick fix. You're just setting yourself up for failure.

You mentioned creatine, I doubt you're lifting anything serious enough for you to need a creatine supplement, so it will not be that great for you. Also, whey is food, instead of wasting money on creatine get yourself some decent whey.

This is really starting to piss me off, there are so many threads like yours, and they all get the same links I am about to post. Why don't you people at least look at the ****ing stickies or look through old posts similar to yours?

Diet: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134782
Routine: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444
These posts are in Vault, stickied at the top of this forum, and are made by EFFORT.

Start a log, doesn't have to be here, can be in a notebook. Document your diet and workout, you're going to have to do that if you're serious about making gains in the long run.

Also, if you choose to do one of routines posted by EFFORT, don't go trying to customize them, do them as they are written. If you're having problems with some parts of it, post, we'll offer advice.

Good luck.