"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Its her birthday, dammit.

imnexthere

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
small university campus
So have been sort of seeing this girl for a few months. Well not exactly seeing because she lives way away so it was really just the night we met, one date and a lot of phone /AIM calls. Personally, I dont take it that serious but she definately does. She seems very hung up on me and I feel a bit bad that lately I haven't been a great guy.

She told me out of nowhere that her b-day on the 14th (obvioulsy cause she wants something) and Ill see her briefly on tues. Do I get her a gift or no? Im leaning towards not but if I do I need suggestions for something small, cheap that would work well. Im not the type to break the bank for a girl I havent been with that long.

By the way, do not suggest jewelry. She is seriously wealthy and loves Tiffany's. Im not spending anywhere near that if I get her something at all so It needs to be something else.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
A birthday card. Write something nice in it. Those are my personal favorites. I prefer the cards to the presents.

Lik
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
The best gift I ever got was a pair of used panties. Give her a pair of used boxers, it can't fail.
 

Axe

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Jesus christ, just take her out some where. A gift doesn't have to be an object.
 
Top