Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It's 2012. How do you plan to improve yourself?

Paris1968

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubirosa said:
You quit drinking altogether, or you just replaced beer with something else ?
Quit beer. I bet I dropped 20 lbs in a month. That was actually the impetus that started a wholechain reaction of self-improvement. All the right people noticed my weight loss ;-) But found this place about 3 weeks ago and now it's seriously game on.

My problem is I love Southern Comfort. But that stuff's got a LOT of sugar in it. Prolly switch that out too except for special occasions.

I like what one of the fellas said earlier, too. Gonna brutally murder his AFC. Robocop 1 style. Awesome. That's exactly what I'm doing LOL

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
losing weight(again, I get fat in winter :p)
joining the gym

learning to play the guitar(might come in handy to know one musical instrument)

graduate

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
In my life, I've noticed that I've had "one too many" backup plans over the years in MANY different categories of my life. Whether it be in regards to health, career, relationships or whatever------------I've found that I'm far too ANALYTICAL sometimes for my own good. The safety of a backup plan often can set me up for an unconscious form of Self-Sabotage-----if I'm not careful.

I've discovered the hard way both in my life, and by observing the lives of many, exactly how having the "ready-made" comfort of a convenient backup plan can be DANGEROUS.

Nothing can deprive you of your desire to THRIVE like dwelling too much on how easy will be for you to still SURVIVE "without" reaching whatever goal you might have. Sometimes, what we really need in order to go ALL OUT for the shyt that we want out of life is just to have a BURNING HUNGER that we won't ALLOW to be satisfied UNTIL we actually get what the hell we want.

Over the years, I've noticed that my biggest victories (pun intended) have been the result of me coming out with all flags waving and all guns blazing-------as if my very LIFE depended on it!

In retrospect, I don't think that fact has been a coincidence. So in reference to whatever goals I set now or in the future, I'm just gonna focus on Plan "A" and to hell with even devising a fukking Plan "B"!

Whatever the mission is that I'm trying to accomplish, my objective will primarily be to have SO MANY WAYS of achieving Plan "A" that having these MULTIPLE plans will actually serve as my figurative Plan "B"-----by default.

I wholeheartedly believe that my future successes in life will continue to be a mixture of proper planning, courageous actions, and divine serendipity.

RESPECT.

V.U.
That's an excellent point and something I've grappled with. I have a good job with great benefits that I'm not in love with. However, I'm thankful to have it. It allows me a lot of free time to pursue what I want to do. Nevertheless, it also takes away that "desperation" feeling of going ballz out for what I want. I need to attack more like the 22-year-old kid just out of college. And that's just a professional example.

Some great stuff on here. If nothing else it proves there's a great diversity of lifestyles and hobbies in the MM forum.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money, diet, exercise.

Since 2008, I've made mottos for the new year. This year is 2012:evolve. Its time to evolve to a better me. New job, better body. I started migrating towards a paleo diet, and only cheating brings me down. Its a delicate house of cards, I need to solidify that more, build it as a foundation to healthy living for the rest of my life.

On the job side, the plan is to break out of cubeville and steal an opportunity to get into healthcare IT consulting. Its in play right now, just waiting on lady luck to smile on me (and the firm I'm talking to to get one of their clients to hire me.)

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great goals guys... Good to see that we have so many motivated men on the old dudes forum!!

I'm firmly believe that writing down goals makes you more likely to acheive them. Here are my goals for this year:

Financial:

- Buy at least one 2-suite investment property and get my basement suite finished and rented out.
- Make 10 k/month from work income.
- Get a good tax accountant.

Physical

- Compete in my first bodybuilding show on June 9th. I'm scared to death of this as its gonna be mean insane discipline for 16 weeks... dieting starts Feb. 18th.
- Be able to maintain a 190 lb bodyweight w/ a 32" waist post comp naturally. I'm 5'8" and have a reasonably fast metabolism so its hard to get enough food in a lot of times.

Career:

- Get comfortable w/ managing CRRT.
- Prep for my official critical care certification exam.
- Maintain ACLS certification, and get ITLS.

Education:

- Take at least one senior/graduate level science course. I'm going back to school on a part time bases from September.
- Get an A in this course... If you're only taking one course it shouldn't be that hard!

Social:

- Stay in closer contact w/ family and friends. I'm pretty shiity at this as I'm a pretty busy guy. I need to make this more of a priority.
- Help my wife do well in her course work and continue developing a great marriage where both of us are happy.

That's pretty much it for me. It'll be interesting to look back and see what I've managed to get done at the end of the year.

bluemoon6069

Reaction score
All, I'm so new here is insane; can someone tell me what AFC stands for? Sorry, I'm the FNG...my 2012 will see me back in a 32 inch waist.

loco2chon

Don Juan
Reaction score
This year my plan is to save save save. These past few years I've spent too much money stupidly... This year I will save and the year after I'm getting my own place. :). I also want to gain mass... I have a program to follow and I'm just working on learning the food recipes I'll be using. I've to master them before I begin it.

As for women... I think I'll stay clear of them and improve.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Trying to either find a way to make money from home, or start my own small business.

Finish school, get my associates and possibly move on to a bachelors in web design.

Continue to get buff.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This year, I decided I wanted to go back to school.
I want a career change, and at 31, I'm VERY young STILL to do so.
It'll take me about 2 years to finish up.

I've been working on my networking skills and have been doing wonderfully so far.

Ever since my inception (registered officially as Kailex to SS), my confidence has gone up, my weight has gone down, my way of dressing has improved, etc...

2011 saw a huge absence of Kailex on the SS, and it's because I was improving myself and testing the social grounds. I knew that if I wanted to truly grow as a person, I had to step away from the forums... well, 2012 will continue what 2011 started.

I want to study, I want to practice, I want to fail (if it means I learn and succeed later on, why not?), I just want to LIVE.

If anything, JoPhil's example taught me that I just need to live... good or bad, and that's my biggest "resolution".

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
losing weight(again, I get fat in winter :p)
joining the gym

learning to play the guitar(might come in handy to know one musical instrument)

graduate
at least I graduated :p haha

What did you guys accomplish this year from what you said you were going to accomplish?

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice I did something that was on my list and that a year ago I did not even see coming. I learned how to make android applications and became good at it, I have hundreds of thousands of downloads on the stuff I made(and good ratings :p)
This year I will learn how to make mobile games, with physics and everything, hopefully it will make me rich and famous, or at least give me a decent income :p